Mercer Co. 34 Russell Co. 7

Birdsfan

Very predictable. How did Mercer's quarterback do?

He threw for a couple of nice TD passes. Overall for the Titans the youth really showed. But, there is alot of potential. I really liked what I saw out of McCloud and Yeast. I think once the Qb gets a couple of games under his belt he will be fine. He does have a nice arm on him.

He threw for a couple of nice TD passes. Overall for the Titans the youth really showed. But, there is alot of potential. I really liked what I saw out of McCloud and Yeast. I think once the Qb gets a couple of games under his belt he will be fine. He does have a nice arm on him.

I agree.

Yeast ran the ball extremely hard made some things out of nothing with pure effort.

McCloud had an very good all around game. Ran the ball well, Caught a nice pass for a TD, had an interception and I believe 3 pass deflections.

Short looked like a deer in the head lights on the first series but then settled in nicely. Held the ball a little too long a couple of times, but all in all played a very good game. He was a much better player on the last snap than he was on the first snap. If he improves as much over the season as he did in this one game, he will do very well.

Wow, I must have watched a different game because I thought Mercer looked pretty average against a weak opponent.

I would say average is a fair description. They came up empty twice in the red zone and should have pitched a shutout against this team. Final should have been 49-0. But I'll take 34-7 to start the season after losing as much talent as the Titans did.

I was disappointed with the blocking on a number of occations. I thought several players played flat, but I thought others played well. The film room will fix a lot of things. But I think all of the problems can be fixed.

Overall grade B-

cold weather fan, I agree I think the Titans will continue to improve throughout the season. It would have been unfair to expect them to come out of the gate like last season. Sadly, however this will happen all season. I also agree that mercer seemed a little flat and that could be because of the opponent and the fact they expected to win. On the other hand it is the first game and one could also expect a team to be excited to play anybody. All in all it was a lopsided win and something to build on for next week. Should be interesting to see this team from Tn. The Titans should not expect to walk over these guys as they probably don't know much about them.

Cold,

Had to miss this one....

Who was leading tackler and how was the D?

D was good in some areas and bad in others. The LBs shared a lot of tackles. We'll be hard to run against. However, we did have a real hard time containing the QB. It was like Lloyd a couple of years ago. Eveytime it looked like we had him for a loss, he left someone tackling air. McCloud had an interception. Hunter Robinson returned a fumble for a TD, I think he forced the fumble also but I'm not sure. We're bigger this year than last year, but we're not as athletic.

D was good in some areas and bad in others. The LBs shared a lot of tackles. We'll be hard to run against. However, we did have a real hard time containing the QB. It was like Lloyd a couple of years ago. Eveytime it looked like we had him for a loss, he left someone tackling air. McCloud had an interception. Hunter Robinson returned a fumble for a TD, I think he forced the fumble also but I'm not sure. We're bigger this year than last year, but we're not as athletic.

I believe it was #22 Nick Reed that caused the fumble. I think several players were a little flat, but all in all - it was the first game, room for improvement but I expect a good season from this team. There are a lot of players ready to step up that didn't get the opportunity last year.

Wow, I must have watched a different game because I thought Mercer looked pretty average against a weak opponent.

I'm with you on this one. Not much to report - other than another one in the win column for the Titans. (Now 16-0).

IMO - MVP of the game should have gone to running back Jordan Yeast - he scored 2 touchdowns and led the team in rushing. Had a great all-around game when he was on the field.

I will say one thing - the leaders on the team are definitely the Junior players. Give this team this year to gain much needed football experience and they should be a force to reckon with next year.