Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville/Mercer Co. Scrimmage

Featured Replies

I believe that this one takes place this Friday in Harrodsburg. Any early thoughts on how you feel it may go?

I believe that this one takes place this Friday in Harrodsburg. Any early thoughts on how you feel it may go?

 

It will go Danville's way.JMO

Should be a good match up this Friday night. The Mercer Quarterback Booster Club is hosting a "Tailgating Meal Deal" in the tailgating area beside the football field at Mercer before the scrimmage starting at 5:00. For $6.00 you can get a barbeque sandwich, chips, drink and homemade dessert. All proceeds go to the football team. This is for the Mercer fans and Danville fans. Enjoy!

I heard Danville added the spread offense - The pistol. Is this true?

Nope. Still in the bone.

 

The bone was all Danville back in the 80s and 90s. The Ads did have a little stretch of 2-3 years in the early 2000s that they spread it out and threw it all over the field. Of course they had a really good passing quarterback; not so much now.

I heard Danville added the spread offense - The pistol. Is this true?

 

You are correct Danville is has been running a lot of no huddle all of of the shotgun or pistol formation. They still have some power running formations in their arsenal but as of right now it is not what they are concentrating on. Tre Grey is the QB and has a strong arm and Danville has a ton of athletes as usual. Now they just have to put it all together and become a cohesive unit.

It will go Danville's way.JMO

 

Mercer will be fine.

How did the Titans look? What about the qb... who took the snaps?

  • Author

Heard this one was only played by the varsity for 1 half, is that correct?

Heard this one was only played by the varsity for 1 half, is that correct?

 

Nobody have any updates on this?

Varsity only played one half. No special teams (They had special teams but where you caught the ball is where you start your drive. I was told that they didn't want anybody to get hurt.) . Danville got an 80 yard screen play to start the game. Kicker missed the exta point. Mercer then went three an out. Both teams linemen didnt look that good and Mercer had trouble wrapping up. Danville broke a lot of tackles. Mercer later scored but I dont remember how. In the end Danville won off a last second 30 to 35 yard field goal. I was impressed by either team, but its early in the year. Ads win 9-7.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I did not see the game, or have I heard anything about it other than what modok shared in the previous post. By the way, thanks Modok for the information. I'm sure Danville will be fine by seasons end, and probably earlier than that. Coach Harp always seems to work his magic. We'll see.

 

On the other hand, I don't feel as confident about Mercer Co., as they are playing with the big boys (5A) now.

Fun scrimmage to watch...Mercer is going to be very tough when it counts...

The Ads Defense was much improved from last weeks scrimmage...:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.