Iraq

Habib

Don't you think that by taking the 350 Billion that we have spent on the war in Iraq could have been better used to develop alternate fuel sources, replentiful fuel sources in America, creating jobs and controlling our own destiny. Is it Brazile that is 100% oil free? So it can be done, if your countries leaders were not OIL MEN.

No, I think we should capture available sources, and obtain alternate sources once those sources begin to be expelled. BTW, what size navy, army, air force, and domestic infastructure does Brazile operate without fuel?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think that by taking the 350 Billion that we have spent on the war in Iraq could have been better used to develop alternate fuel sources, replentiful fuel sources in America, creating jobs and controlling our own destiny. Is it Brazile that is 100% oil free? So it can be done, if your countries leaders were not OIL MEN.

Get over it with blaming Bush for the gas prices. He has NOTHING to do with them. He can't tell the oil companies to lower their prices anymore than he can tell Dell to lower the price of their laptops. Nobody is making you use oil. Need gas, get a bike. Grocery prices killing you, raise your own animals. Stop blaming him for every little thing that you don't like, that was going on way before he ever got in office.

And I doubt that any country is oil free. Especially Brazil. They have cars right? Then they have to use it. Maybe they don't import it, but that doesn't mean they're oil free.

This is true, but Hard Rock Fan does have a good opinion on the Medicare-Tax thing.

Both parties deprecated war, but one of them would make war rather than let the nation survive, and the other would accept war rather than let it perish, and the war came... Neither party expected for the war, the magnitude, or the duration, which it has already attained. Neither anticipated that the cause of the conflict might cease with, or even before, the conflict itself should cease.

Each looked for an easier triumph, and a result less fundamental and astounding. Both read the same Bible, and pray to the same God; and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces; but let us judge not that we be not judged. The prayers of both could not be answered; that of neither has been answered fully. The Almighty has his own purposes.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. -Abraham Lincoln

What two parties are you talking about? Republicans and Democrats or the USA and the Muslims?

Brazil is by no means oil free. I believe they are in the top 20 in oil consumed. I'm not sure if there is any country oil free. I don't see how it could be done.

Right now it can't, but idealism states that we should strive to spend money on alternatives that aren't economically pheasable. It is like recycling paper. We do it, but it is not economically sound.

Brazil has reduced their oil cosumption by 40% through use of ethanol. It has taken them 30 years to get to this point. They only produce about 20% more ethanol a year than the United States does. Their ethanol comes from a glut of sugarcane, something that we can't grow in the abundance that Brazil does. Even so, Brazil is still the 9th largest consumer of petroleum in the world.

Get over it with blaming Bush for the gas prices. He has NOTHING to do with them. He can't tell the oil companies to lower their prices anymore than he can tell Dell to lower the price of their laptops. Nobody is making you use oil. Need gas, get a bike. Grocery prices killing you, raise your own animals. Stop blaming him for every little thing that you don't like, that was going on way before he ever got in office.

And I doubt that any country is oil free. Especially Brazil. They have cars right? Then they have to use it. Maybe they don't import it, but that doesn't mean they're oil free.

Where in my post do I mention oil prices...show me please.

If you read my past post, I have never said that W can set oil prices, the oil companies do, ( with a wink and a nod from the administration )

And Brazil has drasticly reduced, and are on their way to 100% renewable fules...Google it. And my gas is free, so it doesn't concern me much.

I am not blaming Bush for everything I don't like, just everything he has screwed up the last 6 years.

If you read my past post, I have never said that W can set oil prices, the oil companies do, ( with a wink and a nod from the administration )

And Brazil has drasticly reduced, and are on their way to 100% renewable fules...Google it. And my gas is free, so it doesn't concern me much.

I am not blaming Bush for everything I don't like, just everything he has screwed up the last 6 years.

That's funny, I found an article from April that said that Brazil opened a new off shore oil rig that would produce 1.9 million barrels a day, just more than they use and they could start to export oil. That doesn't sound like they're trying to reduce it to me. Incase you're wondering, it's from the BBC, so I'd say it's pretty reliable.

As far as you saying Bush didn't have anything to do with the oil prices, you did say something about our leaders being oil men. In a way, that's what you are saying, about them controlling prices. It's supply and demand. According to the Bush haters, he doesn't want to find an alternate source, so he keeps the demand up. Therefore the prices are going to be up. (this sounded better when I thought of it. But I wasn't at my computer then and I forgot what I thought. But that'll work for now.)

That's funny, I found an article from April that said that Brazil opened a new off shore oil rig that would produce 1.9 million barrels a day, just more than they use and they could start to export oil. That doesn't sound like they're trying to reduce it to me. Incase you're wondering, it's from the BBC, so I'd say it's pretty reliable.

As far as you saying Bush didn't have anything to do with the oil prices, you did say something about our leaders being oil men. In a way, that's what you are saying, about them controlling prices. It's supply and demand. According to the Bush haters, he doesn't want to find an alternate source, so he keeps the demand up. Therefore the prices are going to be up. (this sounded better when I thought of it. But I wasn't at my computer then and I forgot what I thought. But that'll work for now.)

So, you think the Bush Family Empire makes zero dollars on oil?

So, you think the Bush Family Empire makes zero dollars on oil?

No. I didn't say that. What I'm saying is that just because he's an oil man doesn't mean that he encourages the oil companies to blast the prices. After all, ALL the oil companies are doing the same thing. Many people that complain about gas prices say something like "prices are never going to go down. that president is making a killing off of it." Well he might be making money, but he's not the only one. So it makes me mad when he's the only one that gets blamed for it.

No. I didn't say that. What I'm saying is that just because he's an oil man doesn't mean that he encourages the oil companies to blast the prices. After all, ALL the oil companies are doing the same thing. Many people that complain about gas prices say something like "prices are never going to go down. that president is making a killing off of it." Well he might be making money, but he's not the only one. So it makes me mad when he's the only one that gets blamed for it.

Part of the price you pay when your the top dog. You are right, nobody says anything when Joe Blow, who owns 100 shares of Exxon makes money, but Joe Blow is not in the spotlight.

I think you would be hard pressed to prove that. Secondly when you take away a free market and allow only four oil companies to have oil-gas refineries in the States you kind of set yourself up for price gouging...there is no competition to force prices down. And it wasn't George Bush who passed those laws...

I don't necessarily think that Muslims killing Muslims is totally against the belief of Muslims. They consider Muslims who do not follow their version of Islam to be something far worse than infidels...hypocrites...and I think they will continue to fight tooth and nail.

You speak any Arabic, Habib?