Auburn 77 Kentucky 71 OT (NCAA Tournament Elite 8)

16thBBall Fan

Yep the first half was key. UK allowed them to get confidence going at the end of the first half and it carried over the rest of the game.

Herro picked a bad game to have an off day. He had some great looks in the first half that could have put it away.

He didn't have an off game.... cause he didn't shoot. Winners shoot the ball

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cal will never win another title unless he gets Davis, Gilchrist and Jones type players together again, bigs that can guard the other teams 1 and 2’s when we do all that switching, teams know that and take advantage of it, Auburn today, why Wisconsin beat us, why Uconn beat us, on and on

He will have to get those type of players to stay longer than a year which won't happen. Kentucky won't get another title while Cal is here.

Dont get me wrong I am hoping Herro does decide to come back. Maybe this bad game he had and coming up a game short of the final four may get him to decide to stay. Because I think would end up an All American if he stays.

I agree with that. Herro has everything needed to be a star, he’s just not at that level yet. I don’t think the NBA can make someone a star. The NBA can make you a better basketball player no question, but he can become a star at UK and carry that with him when he does go to the league. That’s the value of UK that I think Cal is failing to sell some players on.

That’s fair. I just think there is value in playing and developing your game at the college level as opposed to the G League. You rarely see guys become stars at the next level who spent time in the G League. Herro can learn how to be that star at UK.

I can’t remeber the number, but I think it’s about 40% or the opening day rosters in the NBA played in the G-League. Most players are not stars at the next level.

Personally, I think Herro would benefit a lot coming back to UK, but if you are a first rounder, hard to pass up the guaranteed money.

Is the entire first round guaranteed?

I don't think he'll go in the first round anyway when it's all said and done.

Brown and Harper were the two best guards on the floor. There wasn't anyone on UK who could stop them.

Brown got it going when Herro was on him. They switched Herro to Harper, then he got it going. One constant there. This is where I felt UK would have benefited by playing EJ or Richards more. They can cover up those mistakes more than Travis. But Cal is allergic to extending the bench when you need it most, so we didn’t see it.

Is the entire first round guaranteed?

I don't think he'll go in the first round anyway when it's all said and done.

Yes, first round is guaranteed. You can find projections all over the place this time of the year. All anyone knows at this point is Zion, Morant, and Barrett are at the top of the draft boards. My guess is, if Herro is drafted it would be well into the 20s, at best.

Disappointing end to the year... they all are. But with how the season started, I never imagined UK would make it to 30 wins. It gave me some interest into late March, that is all I can ask for. Congrats on a good season, boys. :thumb: I will be rooting for Auburn to bring it home.

Hard to beat anyone this deep in the tournament when you only have one player show up. Guard play was atrocious today especially on the defensive end. Plus shooting only 24% from 3 (5-21) and 57% from the line (12-21) with two of those being front ends and 14 turnovers giving up 12 offensive rebounds and finally getting overall a good whistle. Probably lucky to just lose by just 6 in overtime.imo

I think you pretty much hit it. Kentucky just didn't play a good game. Should've/could've had a 15 point lead at half. Instead of extending the 11 point lead they let it shrink to 5 at the half and that was the beginning of the end.