Auburn 77 Kentucky 71 OT (NCAA Tournament Elite 8)

16thBBall Fan

I think they have some of those guys on the roster right now. Herro was committed to Wisconsin before UK. Cal sold him on the NBA. Hagans and Quickley are 3-4 year guys Cal will push them out after 2. Who knows what happens with Baker but he is the quintissential 3-4 year guy. It’s Cals recruiting philosophy that is creating this culture not the guys he’s recruiting.

If Cal brings in 6 guys and recruits over top of them, they will leave like others have and there goes your experience. Baker is probably gone no matter what. I could see Quickley becoming a December transfer like we saw this season depending on how Cal runs things.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That’s fair. I just think there is value in playing and developing your game at the college level as opposed to the G League. You rarely see guys become stars at the next level who spent time in the G League. Herro can learn how to be that star at UK.

Dont get me wrong I am hoping Herro does decide to come back. Maybe this bad game he had and coming up a game short of the final four may get him to decide to stay. Because I think would end up an All American if he stays.

Yeah four final fours, 2 finals appearances, one title, 7 elite 8s in 10 years is all getting old. Here at UK basketball, UK always wins at least 2 to 3 titles every decade as evident by the 20 titles UK had won in its history. Wait a minute no UK has only 8 titles. Meaning it's not like UK was winning titles every year with other coaches. With Cal UK has at least been more in position every year to do it. But yeah let's move on.

And he always chokes. He gets players in and shoves them out the door. A lot of people are tired of his antics.

And he always chokes. He gets players in and shoves them out the door. A lot of people are tired of his antics.

Always chokes? I guess we can say coach K for the majority of his career has always choked besides for 5 seasons? Since Duke is consistently a top seed for the last 30 years. That means he chokes more than he has won it.

Probably upset alot of people but Cal needs to go. He can't close out games. He always pushes kids out the door. Everyone is tiedd of the same ole. Year after year.

It’s been four years since the last Final Four and there have been two Elite Eight losses in that time. Not many other teams can say that.

If Cal brings in 6 guys and recruits over top of them, they will leave like others have and there goes your experience. Baker is probably gone no matter what. I could see Quickley becoming a December transfer like we saw this season depending on how Cal runs things.

That’s just how Cal is going to run the program. I don’t see that ever changing as long as Cal is here. The biggest issue Cal has had recently is Coach K simply being better at the game Cal created so he’s getting those 1-2 guys who are truly transcendent. The Wall, Cousins, Davis, Towns type players that Cal was getting when he first got to Lexington. Now he’s recruiting the next tier down but selling them the same dream he sold those guys.

Cal will never win another title unless he gets Davis, Gilchrist and Jones type players together again, bigs that can guard the other teams 1 and 2’s when we do all that switching, teams know that and take advantage of it, Auburn today, why Wisconsin beat us, why Uconn beat us, on and on