Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Auburn 77 Kentucky 71 OT (NCAA Tournament Elite 8)

Featured Replies

Well he is probably going to be a first round pick. So NBA guys may disagree with you.

I just personally don’t see it with him right now. I see the physical tools, I see the shooting ability (at times). I don’t see someone who has the mentality to get it done at the college level right now much less the NBA. He looks to me like a guy who is destined for a decade in the G League.

  • Replies 148
  • Views 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hero , Quickley and Hagans all no shows.

 

It's been the narrative all season. In big games UK needed 3 guys to shine or a "total team effort" UK had neither today.

 

Cal got pretty conservative with line ups down the stretch and IMO it took some energy out of the Wildcats sales. It is what it is, I was extremely happy with UK's defensive intensity against Wofford but they hadn't had a complete game in a while.

Hero , Quickley and Hagans all no shows.

 

I'll add Johnson to this list. 5-13 and no three pointers made.

 

Today, the freshmen played like freshmen. That can always happen when you run the program like it is being run.

 

Is it time to rethink the roster? Sprinkle in some players who might stay at UK 3, even 4 years? Recruit 4-5 one and done possibles and let the rest of the roster mature?

Three wins against a good team in a season is always hard.

 

I know guards are taking a beating here but it seems that with the Auburn foul situation and the superior big guys that Kentucky had, a two man game with PJ and Travis would have been good to get going. They were doubling and tripling PJW the entire second half. Getting the ball over to Travis in those situations should have lead to some easy layups and dunks.

They were trying to from what I was watching. The guards couldn’t get them the ball. When PJ hit that 3 to cut it to 3 with :16 he basically had to come and take the ball.

I felt Hagans was petrified the past two rounds. His hesitancy to push the action and initiate offense left the Cats scrambling half the time on offense.

Personally, I think Herro would benefit a lot coming back to UK, but if you are a first rounder, hard to pass up the guaranteed money.

Probably upset alot of people but Cal needs to go. He can't close out games. He always pushes kids out the door. Everyone is tiedd of the same ole. Year after year.

I'll add Johnson to this list. 5-13 and no three pointers made.

 

Today, the freshmen played like freshmen. That can always happen when you run the program like it is being run.

 

Is it time to rethink the roster? Sprinkle in some players who might stay at UK 3, even 4 years? Recruit 4-5 one and done possibles and let the rest of the roster mature?

I think they have some of those guys on the roster right now. Herro was committed to Wisconsin before UK. Cal sold him on the NBA. Hagans and Quickley are 3-4 year guys Cal will push them out after 2. Who knows what happens with Baker but he is the quintissential 3-4 year guy. It’s Cals recruiting philosophy that is creating this culture not the guys he’s recruiting.

I just personally don’t see it with him right now. I see the physical tools, I see the shooting ability (at times). I don’t see someone who has the mentality to get it done at the college level right now much less the NBA. He looks to me like a guy who is destined for a decade in the G League.

 

Let's not forget he is simply a freshman. Meaning if he stays in school he is going to be look 10 times better in two years than this year. But same can be said if he leaves for the NBA and literally the only thing he has to do is work on basketball. So many people get caught up with how they look as freshman and forget players do make big strides usually each year.

I felt Hagans was petrified the past two rounds. His hesitancy to push the action and initiate offense left the Cats scrambling half the time on offense.

 

He hasn't played well for a month. Too many turnovers. No confidence in his shot. Baker and Quickley deserved more minutes today.

This was the year too. Abilene Christian, Wofford, Houston, Auburn, and a Virginia team that I think Kentucky matches up really well with? You couldn’t have hand picked a better path for UK to get what everyone wants which is that rematch against Duke for all the marbles. Just couldn’t get it done.

 

Same as last year. Should have been to the final four both years.

  • Author
Am I the only one that thinks maybe Herro just isn’t all that good?

 

No, really struggles when the other team gets up in him, not ready for NBA play!

You guys are right, PJ played good, except for the ft line, AGAIN, just like last year

Doubtful. Both Johnson and Herro are projected to be first round picks.

 

I’ve read the same. However I find it funny that every talking head I’ve listened to in this tournament has so many first round and lottery picks they mention the draft must have 70 picks in the first round.

Let's not forget he is simply a freshman. Meaning if he stays in school he is going to be look 10 times better in two years than this year. But same can be said if he leaves for the NBA and literally the only thing he has to do is work on basketball. So many people get caught up with how they look as freshman and forget players do make big strides usually each year.

That’s fair. I just think there is value in playing and developing your game at the college level as opposed to the G League. You rarely see guys become stars at the next level who spent time in the G League. Herro can learn how to be that star at UK.

Probably upset alot of people but Cal needs to go. He can't close out games. He always pushes kids out the door. Everyone is tiedd of the same ole. Year after year.

 

Yeah four final fours, 2 finals appearances, one title, 7 elite 8s in 10 years is all getting old. Here at UK basketball, UK always wins at least 2 to 3 titles every decade as evident by the 20 titles UK had won in its history. Wait a minute no UK has only 8 titles. Meaning it's not like UK was winning titles every year with other coaches. With Cal UK has at least been more in position every year to do it. But yeah let's move on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.