Auburn 77 Kentucky 71 OT (NCAA Tournament Elite 8)

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The warning signs were there the last two games. Auburn is a great basketball team. Kentucky couldn’t afford a repeat effort of the last two games and Auburn was too good. The offense was nonexistent again. Guard play wins basketball games in March and Kentucky had none.

This was the year too. Abilene Christian, Wofford, Houston, Auburn, and a Virginia team that I think Kentucky matches up really well with? You couldn’t have hand picked a better path for UK to get what everyone wants which is that rematch against Duke for all the marbles. Just couldn’t get it done.

The only good thing to take away is that PJ is the only one that is ready to go pro and maybe we get those players back

Keldon will be gone. PJ did himself a lot of good this year being able to extend his game, which he will have to at the next level. Beyond that, I’m not seeing much pro potential on the roster.

Three wins against a good team in a season is always hard.

I know guards are taking a beating here but it seems that with the Auburn foul situation and the superior big guys that Kentucky had, a two man game with PJ and Travis would have been good to get going. They were doubling and tripling PJW the entire second half. Getting the ball over to Travis in those situations should have lead to some easy layups and dunks.