Scooter Gennett out 8 to 12 Weeks

Isn't the send down all about year's credit toward arbitration eligibility?

I did hear something to this effect that Redlegs were considering sending him down for this reason but it would only have to be a few weeks in order to "stop the clock".

I did hear something to this effect that Redlegs were considering sending him down for this reason but it would only have to be a few weeks in order to "stop the clock".

True. And the Reds aren't fooling anyone when they say it is all about Senzel needs to learn CF. That is a good reason to send him down. Plus, Senzel did not play much last year due to injuries. When you have a lot of very good options, sending Senzel down is a reasonable and smart decision even from a roster point of view not factoring in the arbitration/free agent "clock" factor. It will be interesting to see when they bring him up if none of the OF they kept get hurt and are playing well.

True. And the Reds aren't fooling anyone when they say it is all about Senzel needs to learn CF. That is a good reason to send him down. Plus, Senzel did not play much last year due to injuries. When you have a lot of very good options, sending Senzel down is a reasonable and smart decision even from a roster point of view not factoring in the arbitration/free agent "clock" factor. It will be interesting to see when they bring him up if none of the OF they kept get hurt and are playing well.

So do you think this somewhat solves the Kemp situation at least temporarily? Or are the Redlegs definitely trading him at first opportunity?

So do you think this somewhat solves the Kemp situation at least temporarily? Or are the Redlegs definitely trading him at first opportunity?

The Reds will trade him if they get value. I don't think they are looking to dump him.

The biggest improvement in the Reds this year that will have as much if not more impact even than the starting pitchers they added is quality on the bench and the roster. The Gennett injury will test this early, but this team is built to keep winning even when key players are injured or in slumps. Trade Kemp and you weaken the roster and hurt the team's chances of winning 81 or more this year. I want to see how Bell uses this roster depth.