Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?

Featured Replies

I guess one scenario for the charges being dropped could be that Jussie did in fact make it up, but the cops screwed up the investigation by leaking information.

  • Replies 246
  • Views 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Part of me feels that way, and another part of me thinks he absolutely should do jail time. As seriously as I think hate crimes should be treated, I think faking one should be treated equally as harsh

  • This all made me go back last night and re-watch Dave Chapelle's bit on Jussie Smollet (french pronunciation). ?

  • ChickenWyngz
    ChickenWyngz

    What he did was wrong, period. No matter how any wants to spin it.  I have absolutely no idea what an appropriate punishment would be. I would agree with Ru's statement. Figure out a plea de

Posted Images

I guess one scenario for the charges being dropped could be that Jussie did in fact make it up, but the cops screwed up the investigation by leaking information.

 

If it was Jussie's side that asked that everything be sealed...then, I think you may be on to something.

They'll never convict him in court, he'll either plead guilty with no jail time or the charges will be dropped. One prosecutor has already tried to get away from the case.

 

Hmmm...from Feb. 24th.

If it was Jussie's side that asked that everything be sealed...then, I think you may be on to something.

 

We're just assuming it was Jussie's camp that wanted it sealed...

Hmmm...from Feb. 24th.

 

I hadn't heard about the prosecutor trying to dump the case.

I hadn't heard about the prosecutor trying to dump the case.

 

She wanted no part of it from the beginning. She has higher aspirations career wise and didn't want to be seen prosecuting him.

We're just assuming it was Jussie's camp that wanted it sealed...

 

I know. I was just saying IF it was his side, then it falls into line with your scenario.

*thing happens*

 

“I need the whole story.”

 

*things come out that contradict original thing*

 

“I knew it!”

 

*things happen that more or less support the original thing*

 

“But the things that came out contradicting the original thing and conveniently support my suspicions...!?”

He probably had to stipulate that there was probable cause for the arrest in exchange for the dismissal. This would preclude a false arrest/imprisonment civil lawsuit.

 

But it was a grand jury that decided there was sufficient evidence for an indictment.

*thing happens*

 

“I need the whole story.”

 

*things come out that contradict original thing*

 

“I knew it!”

 

*things happen that more or less support the original thing*

 

“But the things that came out contradicting the original thing and conveniently support my suspicions...!?”

 

What supports the original thing? That they dropped the case? Because the prosecutor said they did not exonerate Smollett.

Oh to be privileged. Society continues to regress.

As I read through this thread, I keep thinking about another big story headlining the news in the past few days about an investigation, no charges, sealed information, "fake". Even though the ending of the two news stories are very similar, I think most people in this thread would be arguing the opposite side of where they are in this thread if we were allowed to discuss that other story here. Which we can't, but think about the similarities and ask yourself which side you would be arguing and why.

Edited by Voice of Reason

As I read through this thread, I keep thinking about another big story headlining the news in the past few days about an investigation, no charges, sealed information, "fake". Even though the two news stories are very similar, I think most people in this thread would be arguing the opposite side of where they are in this thread if we were allowed to discuss that other story here. Which we can't, but think about the similarities and ask yourself which side you would be arguing and why.

 

Not touching that because it is political, other than to say I do not believe they are all that similar.

It’s really unfortunate how many real victims will be questioned now because of one frauds actions. And to think people are celebrating his plea deal.

It’s really unfortunate how many real victims will be questioned now because of one frauds actions. And to think people are celebrating his plea deal.

 

There was no plea deal.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.