Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?

Featured Replies

It’s really unfortunate how many real victims will be questioned now because of one frauds actions. And to think people are celebrating his plea deal.

 

Real victims? You mean like when black people make claims of racism and people don’t listen to them? You mean like when black people explain the damage that systemic racism in our society and people don’t listen to them? You mean victims like Laquan McDonald, Philando Castile, Sandra Bland, Tamir Rice, Eric Garner, Alton Sterling and Terrence Crutcher?

 

 

I’ve seen folks say what you just said multiple times over the past day. If Jussie Smollet getting his charges dropped means you won’t believe people when they claim to be victims of hate crimes then that says more about you than anyone else.

 

Not to mention, EVERYTIME a black person makes a claim of racism or is an apparent victim of what could be perceived as racism the media rushes to disprove that racism actually happened and folks go above and beyond to defend the narrative that racism doesn’t exist. That’s been the narrative my whole life.

 

Not for once has anyone stopped to think if Jussie might have been scammed and beaten up by the Nigerian brothers and then recognized what happened after the fact. Everyone just says he used the Good Ole Boy Network to free himself and is mad about that. Hell, if y’all are right and he used the Good Ole Boy Network to free himself then that makes me even happier. I guess the chickens are coming home to roost.

  • Replies 246
  • Views 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Part of me feels that way, and another part of me thinks he absolutely should do jail time. As seriously as I think hate crimes should be treated, I think faking one should be treated equally as harsh

  • This all made me go back last night and re-watch Dave Chapelle's bit on Jussie Smollet (french pronunciation). ?

  • ChickenWyngz
    ChickenWyngz

    What he did was wrong, period. No matter how any wants to spin it.  I have absolutely no idea what an appropriate punishment would be. I would agree with Ru's statement. Figure out a plea de

Posted Images

So he was arrested/charged/indicted on probable cause, meaning more likely than not he committed the accused crimes. You’ve got top guy at Chicago PD, who is also the same race of the accused publicly outraged over the dismissal. I’d think citizens who have been actual victims of blatant racism would be equally outraged over someone making things up, which discredits true victims, but instead there are some who are celebrating the fact he got away with it. :ohbrother:. Make no mistake about it, forfeiting that bond money, agreeing to community service, etc. is an admission of some guilt in this. I don’t think it matters who requested the evidence to be sealed. If it was the defense, it’s because the evidence was quite incriminating. Same for the prosecutor as they don’t want that backlash for being too much of a coward to take on this high profile and controversial case. You can bet your paycheck if the evidence was exculpatory in nature, the defense would be demanding it to be released.

So he was arrested/charged/indicted on probable cause, meaning more likely than not he committed the accused crimes. You’ve got top guy at Chicago PD, who is also the same race of the accused publicly outraged over the dismissal. I’d think citizens who have been actual victims of blatant racism would be equally outraged over someone making things up, which discredits true victims, but instead there are some who are celebrating the fact he got away with it. :ohbrother:. Make no mistake about it, forfeiting that bond money, agreeing to community service, etc. is an admission of some guilt in this. I don’t think it matters who requested the evidence to be sealed. If it was the defense, it’s because the evidence was quite incriminating. Same for the prosecutor as they don’t want that backlash for being too much of a coward to take on this high profile and controversial case. You can bet your paycheck if the evidence was exculpatory in nature, the defense would be demanding it to be released.

 

He could have had his day in court to prove his innocence, but he chose to pay 10k for his get out of jail free card.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

 

 

Jussie is at home chilling and y’all mad the cops lost. :lol2: :lol2:

Could be worse. He could have been a cop who killed an unarmed black man and gets off scot-free.

I knew this thread wouldn't make it, we are done.

We can try again.

Jury selection has started.

What are your predictions?

Okay, I will start.  I think Jussie should plea if he can avoid jail time.  I am not saying he will get jail time but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Also, like some other high profile cases recently, there was prosecutorial misconduct in this case too. 

What he did was wrong, period. No matter how any wants to spin it. 

I have absolutely no idea what an appropriate punishment would be.

I would agree with Ru's statement. Figure out a plea deal that keeps you out of jail and consider it a success if I'm Smollett.

Something similar to subornation of perjury.  Whatever the max sentence for what the crime would have been, if true, should be the max sentence in the current case.

1 minute ago, The Raven said:

Something similar to subornation of perjury.  Whatever the max sentence for what the crime would have been, if true, should be the max sentence in the current case.

I think the reported max jail time is 3 years.  Off the top of my head I would probably give him a year and he should be required to pay for all the resources he wasted that could have been helping true victims of crime. 

Here is a headline from Breitbart:

VICTIM TO THE END: Jussie Smollett “is a real victim” of a “real crime,” his attorney said as the ex-“Empire” actor’s trial started Monday, rejecting prosecutors’ allegation that he staged a homophobic and racist attack in Chicago after the television studio where he worked didn’t take hate mail he had received seriously.

Another headline from Breitbart:

Two brothers arrested for an alleged attack on Jussie Smollett recounted for Chicago police how the ex-“Empire” actor orchestrated the hoax, telling them via text message to meet him “on the low,” paying for supplies and holding a “dry run” in downtown Chicago, the lead investigator testified Tuesday.

He deserves jail time.  Having money or access to money might save him.   

The defense has rested in this case. The prediction I saw, if found guilty, he would be convicted of a felony but would probably just get probation and community service.

I know this is a serious matter, but this case is funny in the sense of how Jussie tried to pull it off. It borderlines an SNL sketch. Remember, he created the story that a couple of racists, in the middle of the coldest night of the year in Chicago, were driving around with bleach and a noose ready to attack. Then his friend told him to put the noose around his neck and send the cops a picture. I'm no detective, but I bet this case took them all of 5 minutes to crack and to know he was full of it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.