Single Pin Sights

I have used the stationary single pin system for twenty years now Thrills. I have three hunting bows set up this way. It is set at 25 yards and I just allow for closer and longer shots out to 45 yards . I went to this because as the bows got faster if you have 4 pins on your sightbar they are so close together that it was hard for me to see them in the heat of the moment of a hunt and it was more so on longer shots that I was struggling with groups on longer shots . Started taking all the pins off but one and started shooting better than I ever have . I have a buddy that went to one of the adjustable single pin sights and missed a couple bucks when he forgot to adjust to the distance . So I personally don’t care for those because I know that would happen to me in the heat of it. I do know my bows and and I know my limitations so the stationary one pin system works great for me .

Down side to a single pin sight is if you range the animal, adjust your sight, then it moves before you can shoot you will have to adjust again. Not a huge deal but just something else to worry about.

The future is the new sights with built in range finders. Really expensive right now but would guess cost will come down in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
I’ll be interested in seeing how you like it. I’ve thought about getting one but just not sure.

I’m liking it a lot. I like that there is one focal point and a clear line of sight.

I have actually “forgotten” to adjust the range a couple of times which is scary. I guess I’m just not used to it yet.

Outside of the operator error, it’s been really great so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I finally pulled the trigger and bought a single pin sight today. Can't wait to put it on my bow and get it going.

Did you go with an HHA?

I like the HHA a lot, but the bolts that they package with the one I got are tough to screw. Next time I need to adjust/take it off of my bow, I’ll probably swap them out with some different screws.

Also, I was having a little paranoia about hunting situations, but I’ve resolved it I think. For hunting situations, I’m going to set my pin at 25 yards. I’m basically a couple inches high at 20 and a couple inches low at 30.

Did you go with an HHA?

I like the HHA a lot, but the bolts that they package with the one I got are tough to screw. Next time I need to adjust/take it off of my bow, I’ll probably swap them out with some different screws.

Also, I was having a little paranoia about hunting situations, but I’ve resolved it I think. For hunting situations, I’m going to set my pin at 25 yards. I’m basically a couple inches high at 20 and a couple inches low at 30.

Yep, I went with the HHA Optimizer Ultra Lite 5519. I put it on this weekend and got it sighted in as well as I could. I'm having an issue with my right eye, and when I close my left eye the pin basically disappears. So it will be hard for me to get it as accurate as it can be until that is resolved. But, I got it in a 6-7" group at 40 yards, I'm fine with that for now, as I'll likely never shoot at something that far out anyway.

In general, it's been hard for me to hold my pin still. I've had my bow less than a year and still haven't figured that out yet.

Yep, I went with the HHA Optimizer Ultra Lite 5519. I put it on this weekend and got it sighted in as well as I could. I'm having an issue with my right eye, and when I close my left eye the pin basically disappears. So it will be hard for me to get it as accurate as it can be until that is resolved. But, I got it in a 6-7" group at 40 yards, I'm fine with that for now, as I'll likely never shoot at something that far out anyway.

In general, it's been hard for me to hold my pin still. I've had my bow less than a year and still haven't figured that out yet.

A 6 inch group at 40 yards isn’t bad at all.

A couple things that I’ve felt help with my accuracy is focusing on back tension. My bow’s back wall has a little give to it, so I really need to make sure I’m all the way back each time.

Another thing, I try to hold my aim until the arrow hits the target.

I feel like this things helped me a lot.