GRC @ Lincoln (RD. 2)(rematch)

:D :walk:

Yeah CARDS actually do have 2 teams that's offence and defence if both are clicking somebody going to sad in Lincoln.But if they not it's going to be a sad ride home.Should be a good game both teams are great in my book .But I think the Cards win 35 - 21

I guess we will have to wait until Friday night to find out. I dont think any LC fans on here have stated that LC will win by default. I believe the most of the trash talking, "spotting 21 points", "payback is punk" etc., have came from the GRC side. With all that said I don't see Lincoln's D giving up 35 to GRC. Going to be a good game, Go LC!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I said GRC spotted them 21 points I did not mean that to be trash talking in any way.. I meant that aside from 1st play of the game where they scored the touchdown, GRC fumbled it about 4 times and gave the Pats great field position everytime around the 20 or 30. Thats just the way it went in the first half last game. And Cardinal Pride hit it right on the head it all depends on which team from GRC shows up to play.

I guess we will have to wait until Friday night to find out. I dont think any LC fans on here have stated that LC will win by default. I believe the most of the trash talking, "spotting 21 points", "payback is punk" etc., have came from the GRC side. With all that said I don't see Lincoln's D giving up 35 to GRC. Going to be a good game, Go LC!

I did not say that LC fans said you should win the game by default, I said that you all think it- there's a difference. It seems to be that LC posters trash talk Danville (as they have for MANY years) to make themselves look good to this District. And I hope that LC fans do not think that DaSecret1 is an accurate reflection of GRC and/or its fans b/c that is not true. GRC4Life appears to be a die hard fan- it's easy to get carried away on here due to the anonymity of it all.

That said, Lincoln Co. is a very good football team, well-coached and hungry for success again (yes, I know there is a LOT of success in their area- Danville, Mercer, Boyle), and they want theirs this year as do their fans. GRC is capable of being a very good football team and is well-coached as well and have shown that many times this year -- GRC players need to focus on this game. They won't have some of the negative distractions this week with our fans right on top of them. Might make a difference. :banana:

This should rate right up there as one of the best games in the state to decide the District Champion. GO CARDS!!!

To the LC fans, when GRC folks (I think, even DS1) talk about "spotting 21 points" last game, it simply means we made many mistakes you capitalized on-thereby the term "spotting". It isn't trash talk or a negative thing about Lincoln- merely an observation of what happened from the GRC perspective. It is a very positive reflection on the Pats and their coaching staff to have the arsenal to blow it open (Kudos to Offensive Coordinator Clay Clevenger). It's not meant to take anything away from LC- I just hope we don't do it again!!!!!!:jump:

To the LC fans, when GRC folks (I think, even DS1) talk about "spotting 21 points" last game, it simply means we made many mistakes you capitalized on-thereby the term "spotting". It isn't trash talk or a negative thing about Lincoln- merely an observation of what happened from the GRC perspective. It is a very positive reflection on the Pats and their coaching staff to have the arsenal to blow it open (Kudos to Offensive Coordinator Clay Clevenger). It's not meant to take anything away from LC- I just hope we don't do it again!!!!!!:jump:

I understand what you are saying Cardinal Pride.....I like to joke around on bgp a little from time to time.....I think football is a lot like basketball in that a good offense can make a good defense look bad at times and vise-versa.

IN the first game lc jumped out to a lead and I felt grc made the necessary adjustments on defense to stop the offense of lc. That said lc has got better as I`m sure grc has. Can`t wait till friday...GO PATS!

CYA IN THE VALLEY:ylsuper:

A Cardinal Pride why you flirting with me man. I was talking to Modok why you in my business? How about you go back with Doodle Bug and do something. A your Doodle Bug coach, not mine. I speak for myself you don't speak for me. Thank you! I'm just talking about game I never said i was a tru GRC fan but I do think they will win.

Just trying not to give GRC your bad name. You didn't get that I was trying to defend you, my bad. As for flirting- keep dreaming! If I were your Coach, you'd probably be a former player (like #15). As for Modok, just trying to respect the real fans! As for DoodleBug, must be trying to find more room for Cardinal heads!:thumb:

DS1, are you trying to get kicked off by making it personal? Get the chip off your shoulder. The whining is getting old. Maybe you need to go back to kickin' it w/ your other boys and quit making us GRC fans look low class . . . .

I did not say that LC fans said you should win the game by default, I said that you all think it- there's a difference. It seems to be that LC posters trash talk Danville (as they have for MANY years) to make themselves look good to this District. And I hope that LC fans do not think that DaSecret1 is an accurate reflection of GRC and/or its fans b/c that is not true. GRC4Life appears to be a die hard fan- it's easy to get carried away on here due to the anonymity of it all.

That said, Lincoln Co. is a very good football team, well-coached and hungry for success again (yes, I know there is a LOT of success in their area- Danville, Mercer, Boyle), and they want theirs this year as do their fans. GRC is capable of being a very good football team and is well-coached as well and have shown that many times this year -- GRC players need to focus on this game. They won't have some of the negative distractions this week with our fans right on top of them. Might make a difference. :banana:

This should rate right up there as one of the best games in the state to decide the District Champion. GO CARDS!!!

Both teams are very credible, but for "cardinal pride" to not say that I am not an accurate reflection of GRC's fan base would be a very inaccurate statement. There are a lot of talented players on GRC team as somewhat has been showcased this season as well on the Lincoln County team as their record indicates, I just feel that a lot of times GRC is not being put in the best situation to win. That is what is meant by which team will show up. Their are two teams a team that is hungry and motivated and well prepared, and unfortunately a team that is not disciplined unprepared a non-motivated those responsibilities fall primarily on the coaching staff but also on the players, but when its all said and done the responsibilities fall on the coaching staff. We have had 6 consecutive yrs that we have been beat in the 1st round of the playoffs so for us to finally when in the first round I am hopeful that are players will be extremely excited, I just hope they are given the best opportunity to succeed in a against a very good Lincoln team :):D

Both teams are very credible, but for "cardinal pride" to not say that I am not an accurate reflection of GRC's fan base would be a very inaccurate statement. There are a lot of talented players on GRC team as somewhat has been showcased this season as well on the Lincoln County team as their record indicates, I just feel that a lot of times GRC is not being put in the best situation to win. That is what is meant by which team will show up. Their are two teams a team that is hungry and motivated and well prepared, and unfortunately a team that is not disciplined unprepared a non-motivated those responsibilities fall primarily on the coaching staff but also on the players, but when its all said and done the responsibilities fall on the coaching staff. We have had 6 consecutive yrs that we have been beat in the 1st round of the playoffs so for us to finally when in the first round I am hopeful that are players will be extremely excited, I just hope they are given the best opportunity to succeed in a against a very good Lincoln team :):D

The thing one must remember when talking about high school sports is that we are dealing with kids- and sometimes kids are just that. WHY is my statement inaccurate when you don't stay on either side of the fence but bash from the middle? I wondered when you would start on the coaches- yes, it does fall on the coaching staff- but the physical mistakes are made by the players. Both players and coaches put their best foot forward- it's hard to see that from the stands sometimes when things don't work. I'm just saying that reAL fans don't blast their coaches publicly all the time, they disagree but respect. I don't always agree but don't bash and make it personal about PC. I think by continuing to schedule practice and work on things, GRC staff is providing the opportunity for those who want to excel to be able to work hard for Friday night. Sometimes motivation must come from within . . . . .

The team was well prepared for this past Friday...it showed in the first half. Second half they were flat as a pancake. Can't blame this all on the coaches. When the kids think they have th game won ...they just let down second half. This team has got to put 2 halves together to advance any father. Talent is there...coaching staff is there...just need to go out and take care of business..:thumb:

The thing one must remember when talking about high school sports is that we are dealing with kids- and sometimes kids are just that. WHY is my statement inaccurate when you don't stay on either side of the fence but bash from the middle? I wondered when you would start on the coaches- yes, it does fall on the coaching staff- but the physical mistakes are made by the players. Both players and coaches put their best foot forward- it's hard to see that from the stands sometimes when things don't work. I'm just saying that reAL fans don't blast their coaches publicly all the time, they disagree but respect. I don't always agree but don't bash and make it personal about PC. I think by continuing to schedule practice and work on things, GRC staff is providing the opportunity for those who want to excel to be able to work hard for Friday night. Sometimes motivation must come from within . . . . .

For the record I never mentioned PC in any of my statements, please elaborate on who this is for future reference. and you make a great point that these are kids so that gives the coaching staff more responsibilities. Obviously someone did a poor job of motivating our kids in the second half o play, and Montgomery did a heck of a job in mounting a come back, and I find it dissapointing that coaches try to divert some of their flaws to the players, remember you said that they were just kids. A lot of coaches already know that we posses a lot of talent and are baffled at our results, so it guess from a coaching staff sometimes its easy to not be accountable for our weakness. As for a great coaching staff I believe we have some adequate coaches in some areas but struggle in some areas as for who said we have an excellent coaching staff what standard are they being measured by, and how come both of our middle school programs consistenly provide 9-1 to undefeated seasons for the last five years but our highschool leaders cant produce similar results, owe I forgot you said our players arent up to the challenge, sorry for the misunderstanding.