GRC @ Lincoln (RD. 2)(rematch)

Which number 15 are you talking about?

#15x#3is#45....................t

Now....lets not be bring up names and getting personal.....lets stick to the thread topic......PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fight: :fight:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way Clark can play as close to Lincoln as they did earlier during regular season. I have seen both play and trust me, Miller/Calhoun & Co. will bring it hard and often.

GRC will be blessed to stay within 14 by the half, and within 25 at the end of regulation.

LC 37

GRC 09

Off the top of my head I am not sure who number 15 is but its really unprofessional of you to automatically assume negative comments about a player. Listen Coach pride it seems that you have some tension toward some of the athletes but its useless to direct them toward our conversation, lets keep this clean and not stray off our conversation. Its very appropriate to keep this conversation vague and not be specific unless positive about any of the kids. :p

You have mentioned #15 in more than one of your posts this season- either it's you or someone posting as you. It's pretty tacky for you to assume I am a Coach when I haven't presented myself as such. So we must be postivie about the players but it's ok for you to bash the coaches- hmmmmmm??!? Sometimes players force coaches to make decisons they'd rather not make. You go ahead and keep the negative energy going in your inconsistent postings. I'd rather channel my energy into supporting the GRC program.

There is no way Clark can play as close to Lincoln as they did earlier during regular season. I have seen both play and trust me, Miller/Calhoun & Co. will bring it hard and often.

GRC will be blessed to stay within 14 by the half, and within 25 at the end of regulation.

LC 37

GRC 09

Your basing this statement off of what information?

I normally like to post facts and figures about Lincoln County and the teams they play but I am going to stay out of this thread......it is the most juvenile, immature thread I can recall in quite some time on Bluegrasspreps.

Let me know if this thread turns into an adult conversation and I will be glad to join back in.

I did not say that LC fans said you should win the game by default, I said that you all think it- there's a difference. It seems to be that LC posters trash talk Danville (as they have for MANY years) to make themselves look good to this District. And I hope that LC fans do not think that DaSecret1 is an accurate reflection of GRC and/or its fans b/c that is not true. GRC4Life appears to be a die hard fan- it's easy to get carried away on here due to the anonymity of it all.

That said, Lincoln Co. is a very good football team, well-coached and hungry for success again (yes, I know there is a LOT of success in their area- Danville, Mercer, Boyle), and they want theirs this year as do their fans. GRC is capable of being a very good football team and is well-coached as well and have shown that many times this year -- GRC players need to focus on this game. They won't have some of the negative distractions this week with our fans right on top of them. Might make a difference. :banana:

This should rate right up there as one of the best games in the state to decide the District Champion. GO CARDS!!!

Just a couple of points and I am done with this.How could you know what Lincoln fans think, other than by what has been posted on this board? I said after the last LC/GRC game that I did not look forward to playing GRC again. I dont think that is a prediction of sure win by LC, far from it. When has any LC fans trash talked Danville? They are not in our District, have never been as far as I know. The last time these two teams played was 2004 with LC winning by forfeit. Over the years even in the "glory years" of Lincoln football, Danville has had their way with LC. Why you think LC fans trash talking Danville would make any difference with any one in Class AAAA Region 4 District 8. I believe Lincoln's play this year has make all the statements to the District that needs to be made.

Looking forward to a great game Friday night. Win or lose LC has had a great season and I am proud of each and everyone of those kids.:walk:

Just a couple of points and I am done with this.How could you know what Lincoln fans think, other than by what has been posted on this board? I said after the last LC/GRC game that I did not look forward to playing GRC again. I dont think that is a prediction of sure win by LC, far from it. When has any LC fans trash talked Danville? They are not in our District, have never been as far as I know. The last time these two teams played was 2004 with LC winning by forfeit. Over the years even in the "glory years" of Lincoln football, Danville has had their way with LC. Why you think LC fans trash talking Danville would make any difference with any one in Class AAAA Region 4 District 8. I believe Lincoln's play this year has make all the statements to the District that needs to be made.

Looking forward to a great game Friday night. Win or lose LC has had a great season and I am proud of each and everyone of those kids.:walk:

I think Linclon has had a great revival and deserve to be this far. I am familiar with the history of LC and DHS from way back- sorry if I offended you. LC has a great coaching staff, talented kids, and a positive fan base- and have spoken loud and clear to our District. Whoever wins will continue to have a challening road. Here's to both teams!!

I normally like to post facts and figures about Lincoln County and the teams they play but I am going to stay out of this thread......it is the most juvenile, immature thread I can recall in quite some time on Bluegrasspreps.

Let me know if this thread turns into an adult conversation and I will be glad to join back in.

You know, you are right and I embarassed to have been a part of this. I find you become someone you are not trying to do and say the right thing to defend or talk about something you feel passionately about. I will not be a part of this any longer. Good luck to GRC and Lincoln Co. I apologize to anyone I have offended. I am not a Coach but trying to be a fan has taken me to a bad place . Hoepfully all GRC related threads will take a better turn now. . . .

Mr. Network-Been looking for your stats, as well. It's always nice to see some FACTS and no nonsense. I'd be glad to read your stats and stay out of the drama. Some of us are still interested in a good ol' ball game, without the trash talk.

This site was not intended to be a place for people to bash a team or an individual. If players/parents/fans/coaches can not rise above the talk on this thread, how can we expect you to be anything but negative in the stands or on the field on Friday nights. Football is about more than who WINS or LOSES a game. It's about young men learning to be a part of something bigger than themselves. With that said, I wish both teams a great game. My heart is with GRC and I hope to see them pull through. We have got to show up ready to play. Lincoln will be ready and looking for a win! I am excited to see a great game, one with class, and one that will be remembered.

GRC-32

Lincoln-28

Being in a second round playoff game is something new for these two teams in recent terms.

In the last ten years (1996-2005), Lincoln County made four playoff appearances and advanced past the 1st round one time, in 1999 when they advanced to the Regional Final. Lincoln County has two Finals appearances in AAA (1990, 1993). This is the second season for Lincoln County in Class AAAA.

During that same time period (1996-2005), George Rogers Clark made eight playoff appearances but never won a first round game. Last week's win against Montgomery County was the first playoff win since beating North Laurel 30-8 in 1995. The last time GRC won a second round game was in 1991 when they won the AAAA Championship by beating Lou. St. X 28-21.

Here's a look at each team's recent playoff history:

Lincoln County #1 seed and won first round game 21-7

GRC #2 seed and won first round game 28-24

Lincoln County did not qualify

GRC #3 seed and lost in 1st Round to Paul Dunbar 30-26.

GRC #2 seed and lost in 1st Round to Henry Clay 48-35.

GRC #2 seed and lost in 1st Round to Paul Dunbar 42-3.

GRC #3 seed and lost in 1st Round to Woodford County 51-27.

GRC #3 seed and lost in 1st Round to Tates Creek 34-0.

Lincoln County #3 seed and lost in 1st Round to Lou. Waggener 26-21

GRC #4 seed and lost in 1st Round to Johnson Central 35-7.

Lincoln County #2 seed and advanced to 3rd Round losing to Bullitt East 38-12

GRC #4 seed and lost in 1st Round to South Laurel 55-2.

Lincoln County #2 seed and lost in 1st Round to South Oldham 39-31

GRC did not qualify

Lincoln County #4 seed and lost in the 1st Round to Lou. Valley 60-21

GRC did not qualify

GRC #3 seed and lost in the 1st Round to Paul Dunbar 28-21

This will be the fourth game in the series for these two teams. Lincoln County leads the series 2 games to 1.

Year Winner Score

1993 LC 41-14 (Recreation Bowl in Mt. Sterling)

2005 GRC 20-13

2006 LC 28-21 (week 8 game of this season)

Lincoln County has won 10 straight games and is 10-1 on the season. GRC is on a three game winning streak and is 7-4 on the year.

Lincoln County 2006 (10-1)

L 13-30 vs Pleasure Ridge Park

W 41-0 vs Garrard County

W 21-18 vs Rockcastle County

W 31-18 vs Whitley County

W 56-7 vs South Laurel

W 55-0 vs McCreary Central

W 28-21 vs George Rogers Clark

W 52-7 vs North Laurel

W 40-22 vs Montgomery County

W 41-7 vs Madison Central

W 21-7 vs Madison Central (1st Round of Playoffs)

Points Scored: 399 total; 36.27 per game

Points Allowed: 137 total; 12.45 per game

George Rogers Clark 2006 (7-4)

L 14-17 vs Tates Creek

W 31-0 vs Bryan Station

L 13-20 vs Pulaski Southwestern

W 49-27 vs Garrard County

W 23-15 vs Montgomery County

W 39-6 vs North Laurel

L 21-28 vs Lincoln County

L 14-35 vs Madison Central

W 29-16 vs Whitley County

W 48-25 vs South Laurel

W 28-24 vs Montgomery County (1st Round of Playoffs)

Points Scored: 309 total; 28.09 per game

Points Allowed: 213 total; 19.36 per game

Lincoln County has played a team twice in one season on seven different occasions. The Patriots are 4-3 in those games.

Lincoln County has won 10 straight. The only longer winning streaks are 11 games in 1993, 12 games in 1990 and 1981, and 13 games in 1988.

The 10 wins by Lincoln County equals the combined wins for the four year period of 2001 (3-7), 2002 (2-8), 2003 (2-8) and 2004 (3-7). Last year, the Patriots were 5-5.

Win or lose this week against GRC, Lincoln County has managed to pull itself from the depths or mediocrity (or worse) and the season has been a smashing success.

As an LC alum and former player, I am pulling for a Lincoln win but good luck to the Cardinals as well. Let's hope for good weather and a great game.