Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central vs. Ashland - Round 2

Who will win? 132 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

JC/ Ashland Prediction;

 

I’m afraid I’m not bound by superstition but what happens in this game is really up to how we hit the ground running.

 

I felt we got off on a bad foot the last time we played this team, I really don’t think we got into the game till it was to late, we must come out knowing we can not play a conservative game, we have to play like every play is our last.

 

We have the tools to win this game.

 

Keys to winning this game;

Defense, defense, defense, that’s right we must keep this team from scoring big, that’s no little feat, keying on Grim, getting good “help defense”, not giving up on plays till they are over.

 

I have great faith in how much Ashland wants to win this game, I know they are the underdog and I’m not taking anything away from JC, these guys are for real.

 

I don’t think we played anything like we are capable of the last time we met

 

Ashland by a field goal

Trimmer

  • Replies 243
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your spirit Trimmer – I hope you’re contagious. :D

JC/ Ashland Prediction;

 

I’m afraid I’m not bound by superstition but what happens in this game is really up to how we hit the ground running.

 

I felt we got off on a bad foot the last time we played this team, I really don’t think we got into the game till it was to late, we must come out knowing we can not play a conservative game, we have to play like every play is our last.

 

We have the tools to win this game.

 

Keys to winning this game;

Defense, defense, defense, that’s right we must keep this team from scoring big, that’s no little feat, keying on Grim, getting good “help defense”, not giving up on plays till they are over.

 

I have great faith in how much Ashland wants to win this game, I know they are the underdog and I’m not taking anything away from JC, these guys are for real.

 

I don’t think we played anything like we are capable of the last time we met

 

Ashland by a field goal

Trimmer

 

:thumb: :thumb: :fight:

For me to predict an Ashland victory this Friday would require a few too many “ifs” although I do believe this Tomcat team could pull off the upset. One of the more puzzling questions regarding the 2006 Tomcats is whether they have yet played an entire game up to their full potential. We responded well after getting stung in the season opener and displayed much character and determination in two hard fought multiple overtime victories. Perhaps those overtime wins are the best we can play, but even with a modest outlook, one couldn’t help but think we had room to improve and the corresponding ability to do it.

 

I refuse to believe we have played our best football yet…if this team has the ability to turn it up a notch or two, now would be the perfect time. JC is a worthy opponent who has steadily separated themselves from the pack throughout the season. It will take a game unlike what Ashland has played thus far to trip up this favored Eagle team. With 24 Tomcat seniors who I hope are not quiet ready to hang up their pads (most for the remainder of their lives) this next game may turn the “Unfinished Business” tour into a “Going Out Of Business” finale.

For me to predict an Ashland victory this Friday would require a few too many “ifs” although I do believe this Tomcat team could pull off the upset. One of the more puzzling questions regarding the 2006 Tomcats is whether they have yet played an entire game up to their full potential. We responded well after getting stung in the season opener and displayed much character and determination in two hard fought multiple overtime victories. Perhaps those overtime wins are the best we can play, but even with a modest outlook, one couldn’t help but think we had room to improve and the corresponding ability to do it.

 

I refuse to believe we have played our best football yet…if this team has the ability to turn it up a notch or two, now would be the perfect time. JC is a worthy opponent who has steadily separated themselves from the pack throughout the season. It will take a game unlike what Ashland has played thus far to trip up this favored Eagle team. With 24 Tomcat seniors who I hope are not quiet ready to hang up their pads (most for the remainder of their lives) this next game may turn the “Unfinished Business” tour into a “Going Out Of Business” finale.

Nice post Painter. Here's hoping for an injury free game for both teams. I'm not sure my Cats can stop Grimm, but if they have any chance to win this one, they need to slow him down. That will be a tall order, since nobody has been able to do that all season. I know that JC is not one dimensional... but to have a chance, we will need to see the "other" dimension. As for some of the comments about Ashland fans.... read all of the posts in this thread or any other JC thread. We don't have the market cornered on obnoxious fans by any means. I believe that most fans from Ashland and JC read and post on BGP for the purpose in which it is intended. Some posters from every school act pretty juvenile at times. The chest thumping, in your face stuff gets pretty old pretty quick. Enough about that though. Good luck to both teams and I will be pulling for the district winner to go all the way. :thumb:

I have never seen anyone wearing one of these shirts or do these shirts exsist.:thumb: Its not right to degrade young men who play the game of football:thumb:

I've not seen the shirts but I found this thread from the last game between these two teams.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=104713

I've not seen the shirts but I found this thread from the last game between these two teams.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=104713

I think it was just a joke.... I have not seen anybody with one of these shirts and know that Coach Hart would "lay the smack down" on anybody selling them.

LRCW, I would chip in on that pre-game meal. I think this will be a hard fought game on both sides. I think the game will go just about like last time, but if Ashland comes in as flat as some of the Ashland posters have said, then JC might put more points up than last time. I just hope for a hard fought game with no injuries on either side. I hope it is a little warmer than this past Friday night, I have to admit I got a little cold...Any other Tomcat fan that would want to get a pre-game meal, PM me and we will arrange to meet.

 

 

I believe the flatness that most Ashland posters on here are referring to is a problem that has been with this team for most of the season and was there the last time these two teams met. If the Tomcats come out like they did the last time these teams met then the outcome will resemble the last, if they come out and play with emotion then I think this could be a good game.

It will be a big feat for Ashland to not only keep this game close but also to win. But as a Tomcat fan for several decades and in attendance to many Tomcat miracles over the years, I gotta have faith that my team can win.

JC will have to be ready to take Ashland's best shot on Friday night. I believe the Tomcats will come out fired up and play their best game to date this year.The Tomcats are far to talented for the Eagles to overlook but I have good feeling Coach Matney won't let that happen.

 

The Tomcats come out and play their best game in this one but still can't pull off the upset. JC- 42 Ashland- 28 in a hard fought and gutty performance by both teams.

 

GO EAGLES!!!

I am tempted to pick Ashland this game because a JC fan did not like me picking an upset over JC at the end of the regular season.

However, JC has made me a believer and it looks like they are going to be hard to stop with their power offense and rock solid defense.

I pick JC 21 and Ashland 7.

Find me at the game. I have one of these shirts and if a person wearing a t- shirt upsets Coach Hart then I hope everyone on Ashland's team wears one. We need emotion to win.

Find me at the game. I have one of these shirts and if a person wearing a t- shirt upsets Coach Hart then I hope everyone on Ashland's team wears one. We need emotion to win.

 

How does a classless t-shirt mocking something that happened a year ago have anything to do with emotion ? I think I remember many Ashland posters preaching about how people need to learn to "win with class" and "act like they have been there before" Wearing a shirt that brings up the memory of a 17 or 18 year old kids mistake in a big game shows a lot of class and speaks huge volume of the type of program you support. The silent treatment throughout the thread about the last game didnt change the 35 - 7 thumping you got. I honestly dont think a few childish people wearing childish shirts in the stands is going to do much this game either. Coach Briggs better get the basketballs out and start working on some jumpshots because Ashlands football season is over.

How does a classless t-shirt mocking something that happened a year ago have anything to do with emotion ? I think I remember many Ashland posters preaching about how people need to learn to "win with class" and "act like they have been there before" Wearing a shirt that brings up the memory of a 17 or 18 year old kids mistake in a big game shows a lot of class and speaks huge volume of the type of program you support. The silent treatment throughout the thread about the last game didnt change the 35 - 7 thumping you got. I honestly dont think a few childish people wearing childish shirts in the stands is going to do much this game either. Coach Briggs better get the basketballs out and start working on some jumpshots because Ashlands football season is over.

Wow, Adam Morrison gettin' er done!:eek:

Well, you may be right with the football season being done, you may want to hope that you get them in football, the round rock may be different. You may face them in your Country Music Highway Classic over Christmas break. BTW, do you have the same announcer deal during basketball season? Kinda like the And1 tour,,,,Oh, Baby!

How does a classless t-shirt mocking something that happened a year ago have anything to do with emotion ? I think I remember many Ashland posters preaching about how people need to learn to "win with class" and "act like they have been there before" Wearing a shirt that brings up the memory of a 17 or 18 year old kids mistake in a big game shows a lot of class and speaks huge volume of the type of program you support. The silent treatment throughout the thread about the last game didnt change the 35 - 7 thumping you got. I honestly dont think a few childish people wearing childish shirts in the stands is going to do much this game either. Coach Briggs better get the basketballs out and start working on some jumpshots because Ashlands football season is over.

Its Coach Biggs.

Wow, Adam Morrison gettin' er done!

Well, you may be right with the football season being done, you may want to hope that you get them in football, the round rock may be different.

 

Ashland is going to be tough to beat in b-ball this year as they always are, Coach Biggs is a great addition to an already very talented team. Thats for another thread I suppose though.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.