Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central vs. Ashland - Round 2

Who will win? 132 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

He played a series or two in the Paintsville game. Actually, I believe his official return came the following week.

  • Replies 243
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He played a series or two in the Paintsville game. Actually, I believe his official return came the following week.

:thumb: Yes i think it was the Greenup County Game

Will you be the only one working the t-shirt table, or do I need to ask for JC20fan?

 

There will be others...so just ask.

OK guys.. I know what you all are going to say about this.. but I think the Tomcats have a great chance to pull off the upset! Now here's my reasoning behind this: Last time these teams met JC played a near perfect game, and if I'm exagerating it's not a big one. Ashland on the other hand had over 300 missed assignments, and yes the coaches watched this film countless times and counted them. One big number that stood out to me was 32 missed tackles for Ashland.. no one can win a game playing like that.

 

Coach Tony Love showed a short movie today to the players that I think really put things in perspective, not to mention how great a motivation it was. The beginning of the film was meant to absolutely embarass the players.. and I'll just say it did its job. The second part however showed what the Tomcats can accomplish when they read their keys and work together as a family. The team was pumped after seeing that part.

 

During the team's practice, their were several motivational speeches from the coaches that really got the players going and you could see a difference in the way they practiced.. If this keeps up for the rest of the week I think all the Ashland fans will see that emotion and heart they have been waiting for since the Russell game. Be ready to see the Tomcats put together 4 qtrs. of hard hitting, not quitting, full of emotion, teamwork football. So get ready JC because the real Tomcats are coming to town this week. I assure you that what you saw last time was not the team the Tomcats can be when they put their minds and hearts to it.

 

This doesn't mean its probable that the underdog Tomcats will win, but I believe that it is very possible! JC fans, you all have a great team with high expectations and if your team makes it past Ashland this week I will be rooting for you all 100%. I'm just not ready for football season to end for us though and i refuse to believe the Cats will go down without a fight. So Ashland fans, i have a question for you.. "DO YOU BELIEVE?"

I'm not going to debate the PA announcer and music played at the game I personally think it's great. I agree that Grim is a special player. The O-line and blocking backs have done a tremendous job all season, but I also think that JC has two or three other backs that could run for over 100 yards a game, but if you want to believe that JC is one dimensional then please go right ahead.

 

:thumb:[/quote You said yourself 3 other backs COULD run for over a 100 yards a game?? All I am saying is prove it, all I have seen in person an game totals from the rest of the games an Grimm is the only back I could tell you his name, I do remember the fullback Johnson I think he is a good solid fullback but I doubt he would be a consistent 100 yard rusher! I understand they may all be quality backs but I doubt very seriously they are anywhere near Grimm or a 100 yard rushers? I have heard your team is anywhere from 4 to 6 deep at the back position, if they are that good why would the Coaches not use them more? I was wondering about the passing game, I keep hearing how good JC is there but have not seen any numbers to back it up? That sure does seem one dimensional to me! I know when or if you get to some of the great Northern Ky teams or perhaps a Western Ky team you will need to have some type of consistent passing game to keep them honest!

MBWC41 - a man with no country?

 

Im a fan of high school sports. Yes there are teams I like to see win and teams I like to see lose. To be honest whatever the outcome of this game is, I hope the team that wins continues winning from here on out this year. I love it when this part of the state is represented well. I love seeing some of the smaller schools bring a title back to the general tri - state area.

This is more like it...actually debating the game!!! Wohoo!! :dancingpa

 

said yourself 3 other backs COULD run for over a 100 yards a game?? All I am saying is prove it, all I have seen in person an game totals from the rest of the games an Grimm is the only back I could tell you his name, I do remember the fullback Johnson I think he is a good solid fullback but I doubt he would be a consistent 100 yard rusher! I understand they may all be quality backs but I doubt very seriously they are anywhere near Grimm or a 100 yard rushers?

 

The same thing was said last year about Blume. And, magicly Grimm appeared this season. Ian Welch could be a 100 yard-plus back every game. So could Nathan Dillon. As a matter of fact, so could Chase Richardson.

 

I have heard your team is anywhere from 4 to 6 deep at the back position, if they are that good why would the Coaches not use them more?

 

The problem is this...if you want to call it a problem. Grimm has been sooooo good this year...why would you want to take the ball out of his hands? When the other backs have gotten carries they have made the most of their opportunities. If you want to find out how good the other backs are, find a way to stop Grimm and you will get a chance to see first hand.

 

I was wondering about the passing game, I keep hearing how good JC is there but have not seen any numbers to back it up? That sure does seem one dimensional to me!

 

Again, the running game has been soooo good this season that JC has not had to put the ball in the air. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

 

I know when or if you get to some of the great Northern Ky teams or perhaps a Western Ky team you will need to have some type of consistent passing game to keep them honest!

 

I just hope we get a chance to find out if that statement is true.

 

Good luck Friday night and have a safe trip to "The Nest."

OK guys.. I know what you all are going to say about this.. but I think the Tomcats have a great chance to pull off the upset! Now here's my reasoning behind this: Last time these teams met JC played a near perfect game, and if I'm exagerating it's not a big one. Ashland on the other hand had over 300 missed assignments, and yes the coaches watched this film countless times and counted them. One big number that stood out to me was 32 missed tackles for Ashland.. no one can win a game playing like that.

 

Coach Tony Love showed a short movie today to the players that I think really put things in perspective, not to mention how great a motivation it was. The beginning of the film was meant to absolutely embarass the players.. and I'll just say it did its job. The second part however showed what the Tomcats can accomplish when they read their keys and work together as a family. The team was pumped after seeing that part.

 

During the team's practice, their were several motivational speeches from the coaches that really got the players going and you could see a difference in the way they practiced.. If this keeps up for the rest of the week I think all the Ashland fans will see that emotion and heart they have been waiting for since the Russell game. Be ready to see the Tomcats put together 4 qtrs. of hard hitting, not quitting, full of emotion, teamwork football. So get ready JC because the real Tomcats are coming to town this week. I assure you that what you saw last time was not the team the Tomcats can be when they put their minds and hearts to it.

 

This doesn't mean its probable that the underdog Tomcats will win, but I believe that it is very possible! JC fans, you all have a great team with high expectations and if your team makes it past Ashland this week I will be rooting for you all 100%. I'm just not ready for football season to end for us though and i refuse to believe the Cats will go down without a fight. So Ashland fans, i have a question for you.. "DO YOU BELIEVE?"

 

 

As for that quote, Jc didn't play a nearly perfect game. Turnovers and stupid penalties (blocks in the back) brought one touchdown back I know of. But to say JC played a perfect game is not true. They played a good game but not a near-perfect game

I'm not going to debate the PA announcer and music played at the game I personally think it's great. I agree that Grim is a special player. The O-line and blocking backs have done a tremendous job all season, but I also think that JC has two or three other backs that could run for over 100 yards a game, but if you want to believe that JC is one dimensional then please go right ahead.

 

:thumb:[/quote You said yourself 3 other backs COULD run for over a 100 yards a game?? All I am saying is prove it, all I have seen in person an game totals from the rest of the games an Grimm is the only back I could tell you his name, I do remember the fullback Johnson I think he is a good solid fullback but I doubt he would be a consistent 100 yard rusher! I understand they may all be quality backs but I doubt very seriously they are anywhere near Grimm or a 100 yard rushers? I have heard your team is anywhere from 4 to 6 deep at the back position, if they are that good why would the Coaches not use them more? I was wondering about the passing game, I keep hearing how good JC is there but have not seen any numbers to back it up? That sure does seem one dimensional to me! I know when or if you get to some of the great Northern Ky teams or perhaps a Western Ky team you will need to have some type of consistent passing game to keep them honest!

 

Grim doesn't play defense, and Central's defense is a pretty glaring dimension. Unless you have some new fundamentals about how the game is played, which I doubt, then you should understand that there's no need to put the ball in the air when you average 45 points on offense while your starters give up 3 on defense. Any coach that would do that is a coach trying to run the score up. No need to here. And for the life of me, I can't imagine a coach showing his entire hand when there's nothing to gain. Football 101.

This is more like it...actually debating the game!!! Wohoo!! :dancingpa

 

 

 

The same thing was said last year about Blume. And, magicly Grimm appeared this season. Ian Welch could be a 100 yard-plus back every game. So could Nathan Dillon. As a matter of fact, so could Chase Richardson.

 

 

 

The problem is this...if you want to call it a problem. Grimm has been sooooo good this year...why would you want to take the ball out of his hands? When the other backs have gotten carries they have made the most of their opportunities. If you want to find out how good the other backs are, find a way to stop Grimm and you will get a chance to see first hand.

 

 

 

Again, the running game has been soooo good this season that JC has not had to put the ball in the air. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

 

 

 

I just hope we get a chance to find out if that statement is true.

 

Good luck Friday night and have a safe trip to "The Nest."

 

They all have Grim's back, and will get their chances. Teams thin at running back just can't understand the depth concept. Hope they don't have to find out this year, but they will.

OK guys.. I know what you all are going to say about this.. but I think the Tomcats have a great chance to pull off the upset! Now here's my reasoning behind this: Last time these teams met JC played a near perfect game, and if I'm exagerating it's not a big one. Ashland on the other hand had over 300 missed assignments, and yes the coaches watched this film countless times and counted them. One big number that stood out to me was 32 missed tackles for Ashland.. no one can win a game playing like that.

 

Coach Tony Love showed a short movie today to the players that I think really put things in perspective, not to mention how great a motivation it was. The beginning of the film was meant to absolutely embarass the players.. and I'll just say it did its job. The second part however showed what the Tomcats can accomplish when they read their keys and work together as a family. The team was pumped after seeing that part.

 

During the team's practice, their were several motivational speeches from the coaches that really got the players going and you could see a difference in the way they practiced.. If this keeps up for the rest of the week I think all the Ashland fans will see that emotion and heart they have been waiting for since the Russell game. Be ready to see the Tomcats put together 4 qtrs. of hard hitting, not quitting, full of emotion, teamwork football. So get ready JC because the real Tomcats are coming to town this week. I assure you that what you saw last time was not the team the Tomcats can be when they put their minds and hearts to it.

 

This doesn't mean its probable that the underdog Tomcats will win, but I believe that it is very possible! JC fans, you all have a great team with high expectations and if your team makes it past Ashland this week I will be rooting for you all 100%. I'm just not ready for football season to end for us though and i refuse to believe the Cats will go down without a fight. So Ashland fans, i have a question for you.. "DO YOU BELIEVE?"

 

I agree with most of this post. But what you fail to understand, like most outside of JC, is that JC is a much better team than they showed against Ashland. Grimm without a doubt is one of the greatest RB to walk to halls of JC, EVER. But in the last game, the reason you seen so much of Grimm was simply because Ashland couldnt stop him. JC has umbelievable depth all throughout its backfield. If you key Grimm to hard, both Richardson and Johnson are well able to carry the load. Behind them you have Welch and Nathan Dillon, who also when given the ball, are very hard to stop. And at the QB position, behind JK Ratliff, you have Dennis Dillon, whom has had 2 TD's the last 2 games running the ball out of a draw formation for 30+ yds and Ian Welch who is a natural RB but lines up at QB to give defenses a different look.

 

I believe Ashland can make this a respectable game, and I can guarantee you that at kickoff my heart will be beating out of my chest just as if I were on that field cause I know what Ashland can bring to the table if JC isnt ready. BUT this JC team knows what is at stake here and that losing in the 2nd round would be a dissapointing end to a memorable season that no one wants to see end here in Eagle Country. I dont know what you will see in this game, just depends on what you can stop. But I assure you, although Grimm is probably our feature back, he is not our only back.

As for that quote, Jc didn't play a nearly perfect game. Turnovers and stupid penalties (blocks in the back) brought one touchdown back I know of. But to say JC played a perfect game is not true. They played a good game but not a near-perfect game

After watching the film I saw very, and i mean very few mistakes by them.. perfect was exagerating, i know.. but it wasn't just a good game either.. JC played an outstanding game! I will just leave it at that.. I thought it was kind of a compliment to the kids by saying that, I'm sure our kids would be happy to get that kind of recognition.. sorry if you took it the wrong way though :thumb:

As for that quote, Jc didn't play a nearly perfect game. Turnovers and stupid penalties (blocks in the back) brought one touchdown back I know of. But to say JC played a perfect game is not true. They played a good game but not a near-perfect game

 

One of our worst performances of the season. The Ashland TD was a perfect example of a DB going for a pick, and forgetting his education. Don't see everyone wanting to be a star happening again. This will be a team victory.

For me to predict an Ashland victory this Friday would require a few too many “ifs” although I do believe this Tomcat team could pull off the upset. One of the more puzzling questions regarding the 2006 Tomcats is whether they have yet played an entire game up to their full potential. We responded well after getting stung in the season opener and displayed much character and determination in two hard fought multiple overtime victories. Perhaps those overtime wins are the best we can play, but even with a modest outlook, one couldn’t help but think we had room to improve and the corresponding ability to do it.

 

I refuse to believe we have played our best football yet…if this team has the ability to turn it up a notch or two, now would be the perfect time. JC is a worthy opponent who has steadily separated themselves from the pack throughout the season. It will take a game unlike what Ashland has played thus far to trip up this favored Eagle team. With 24 Tomcat seniors who I hope are not quiet ready to hang up their pads (most for the remainder of their lives) this next game may turn the “Unfinished Business” tour into a “Going Out Of Business” finale.

 

If this so called "Going out of business tour" doesn't fire up you Johnson Co. fans nothing will! Let's get it on friday night and find out who the better team is.

 

Goodluck to both teams and I pray for an injury free game.

I don't know what it will take to get this bunch of Tomcats up for a game but if they do I honestly feel we can play with J.C.

Ashland 21

Johnson Central 20

Missed extra point wins it for Ashland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it is debate you want I say you have to win this game to be considered to have reached the status of a big named program. And of course you need seats on both sides of the field.

 

 

NO WAY!!! Johnson is just too good for the Tomcats this year. Is this an honest opinion or a bias opinion?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.