Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central vs. Ashland - Round 2

Who will win? 132 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

It makes my statement more relevant as well.

 

As for Spindoc being impartial, he has never "not had an opinion in his life"

Sad thing is I usually agree.

 

As for this game, no doubt that JC is the favorite (higher seed, home field) They are supposed to win this game. The shock factor will only come if they lose. The path is set for them to make it to Louisville. Win and play at home until the championship. Ashland has nothing to lose. They will be decided underdogs in most ratings. They is no pressure on this team. They can for once leave it on the field. If "Howdy Bill and Uncle Mo (momentum) sit with them it could get interesting.

Oh, I have an opinion, and it is skewing toward how I feel about the condescending attitude by JC folk in this thread. My point is I am impartial with regards to who wins this game. I have no dog in this fight, have enjoyed this thread, and with the game nigh, the posts by some JC fans get more and more arrogant. Therefore, I will say that for that fact alone, I would find it hard to root for JC. Opinion,,,,,well, you may infer what you like!

But, when you have a good team, who is expected at this point to advance, humility is a nice approach. Just a thought!

  • Replies 243
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that I am a little guilty of not reading a post throughly before responding. cville said Lex. Christian and not Lex. Catholic. That is why I mentioned Catholic, but I would probably have to guess that Catholic would be the stronger of the two anyways.

I did state Lex. Christian but edited it with Lex Catholic!! You may have read it before I did the edit work. Lexington Christian is on the mind of all Ram fans.

Your right I did pick JC, but thank God I have the right to change my mind. Don't I???? As for the senior group be the laughing stock of eastern Ky yes I remember that. Honestly I think of it as the arm pit of the state(my opinion). As for a lot of the post on here you all are just plain rude. The first time you played Ashland, and then the Boyd County game. Now it starts all over again with Ashland, you guys need to get a little class about you and remember not everyone is from the sticks. As for JC winning the state championship you will never see it happen. Lex cath, Highlands or Cov Cath will show you all what football is all about. JC has played in the weakest district and have not played a team the caliber of those 3 teams. I changed my mind for the simple fact of the classlessness of the JC fans. If I remember right the first ashland thread was kicked off because of your lack of class.

Your right I did pick JC, but thank God I have the right to change my mind. Don't I???? As for the senior group be the laughing stock of eastern Ky yes I remember that. Honestly I think of it as the arm pit of the state(my opinion). As for a lot of the post on here you all are just plain rude. The first time you played Ashland, and then the Boyd County game. Now it starts all over again with Ashland, you guys need to get a little class about you and remember not everyone is from the sticks. As for JC winning the state championship you will never see it happen. Lex cath, Highlands or Cov Cath will show you all what football is all about. JC has played in the weakest district and have not played a team the caliber of those 3 teams. I changed my mind for the simple fact of the classlessness of the JC fans. If I remember right the first ashland thread was kicked off because of your lack of class.

 

Armpit of the state? Wow. Now there's a guy who is obviously qualified to lecture all us hicks about how to be CLASSY. We should all be like THIS guy, and make fun of smaller cities around us to show them how CLASSY we are. I'm going to go belittle some people from places like Salyersville and Inez right now on the internet to display my CLASS!

I did state Lex. Christian but edited it with Lex Catholic!! You may have read it before I did the edit work. Lexington Christian is on the mind of all Ram fans.

OK thanks, I thought that I had read Lex. Catholic.

Your right I did pick JC, but thank God I have the right to change my mind. Don't I???? As for the senior group be the laughing stock of eastern Ky yes I remember that. Honestly I think of it as the arm pit of the state(my opinion). As for a lot of the post on here you all are just plain rude. The first time you played Ashland, and then the Boyd County game. Now it starts all over again with Ashland, you guys need to get a little class about you and remember not everyone is from the sticks. As for JC winning the state championship you will never see it happen. Lex cath, Highlands or Cov Cath will show you all what football is all about. JC has played in the weakest district and have not played a team the caliber of those 3 teams. I changed my mind for the simple fact of the classlessness of the JC fans. If I remember right the first ashland thread was kicked off because of your lack of class.

Whooo there buddy, lets not have a heartattack!!!

As for class, you stating East KY being the armpit of the state, now that is classy. This thread was going a long fine until people like you come on here and post this junk. As for your opinion on things, of course you are entitled your own, but the East KY knock was uncalled for.

 

If we are so arrogant,then leave the thread, it would be a lot better without post like the one I quoted from you. Also, I think you are a prime example of arrogance with your post about East KY and the JC fans.

My post is nothing worse than anything from you all. So if you can't accept it get over it.

My post is nothing worse than anything from you all. So if you can't accept it get over it.

JC fans showing their excitment for their team and thinking we will win the game is a far cry from what you did.

 

Your post had nothing to do with this game or football period.

Your right I did pick JC, but thank God I have the right to change my mind. Don't I???? As for the senior group be the laughing stock of eastern Ky yes I remember that. Honestly I think of it as the arm pit of the state(my opinion). As for a lot of the post on here you all are just plain rude. The first time you played Ashland, and then the Boyd County game. Now it starts all over again with Ashland, you guys need to get a little class about you and remember not everyone is from the sticks. As for JC winning the state championship you will never see it happen. Lex cath, Highlands or Cov Cath will show you all what football is all about. JC has played in the weakest district and have not played a team the caliber of those 3 teams. I changed my mind for the simple fact of the classlessness of the JC fans. If I remember right the first ashland thread was kicked off because of your lack of class.
Changing your mind about the outcome of a game just because you dont like the attitude of some posters does not say a whole lot about the thought process that went into either prediction.

 

The funny thing about this post is that probably 90% of all the folks up there in Ashland can probably trace their roots back here to the armpit. Probably a good chance that even you can make the same claim.

 

Duhhh, I think before you post about Central playing in the weakest district you might want to think about what you post before you post it, because Ashland plays in the same district as Johnson Central. That's why this game is being referred to as the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP game. :rolleyes:

You know your right I shouldn't have lowered myself to the level of JC fans. To everyone else I greatly apologize for that. I will keep all my post classy and positive. I will not post anything else on a JC thread.

My post is nothing worse than anything from you all. So if you can't accept it get over it.

 

Attacking a school and its fans (who may sometimes be overzealous) is a different animal altogether from attacking an area and the people who live there using outdated stereotypes. The former is sometimes warranted. The latter is never warranted.

You know your right I shouldn't have lowered myself to the level of JC fans. To everyone else I greatly apologize for that. I will keep all my post classy and positive. I will not post anything else on a JC thread.

Lower yourself to JC fans. You have to be kidding. I would bet you could go back as far as you wanted and you would never see JC fans belittle people the way you have tried to do. I for one hope you never post on a JC thread again. People like you give BGP a black eye. BTW how old are you? Fourteen, Because you are acting really immature.

Ashland says something like... "We want to introduce you to the Ashland Tomcats!" when they are warming up.

 

When Micheal Tackett hits Thomas like he did in the first game, and he looks over at the side line at his coaches like he is scared to death to touch the ball... all of Johnson Centrals fans need to say "You just stared down the barrel a 45!"

 

Personaly I have never liked that warm up smack,it was started in the Marsh years and carried on .In the Conley years we proved it on the field with a wishbone with a option and of course the halfbackpass works every time at the right time .

Thomas is a good running back who plays both ways ,and can run the ball when the blocking is there.In the old days' if a hole wasn't there make one right in the back of the o-lineman whose not blocking .

I did not see the big hit your talking about ,but from my experance any back that is HIT big time ,time after time usually will not want to run the football.

JC is a very good team and will win again big time ,unless Ashland can get physical some how or another and make a game of it ,but I have not see this kind of play in a long time.I'll be there watching my girl cheer,we have some very good cheerlearders.:thumb:

Personaly I have never liked that warm up smack,it was started in the Marsh years and carried on .In the Conley years we proved it on the field with a wishbone with a option and of course the halfbackpass works every time at the right time .

Thomas is a good running back who plays both ways ,and can run the ball when the blocking is there.In the old days' if a hole wasn't there make one right in the back of the o-lineman whose not blocking .

I did not see the big hit your talking about ,but from my experance any back that is HIT big time ,time after time usually will not want to run the football.

JC is a very good team and will win again big time ,unless Ashland can get physical some how or another and make a game of it ,but I have not see this kind of play in a long time.I'll be there watching my girl cheer,we have some very good cheerlearders.:thumb:

I agree with you Jericho!! I never liked the warm up smack. It seems to disrespect the opponent. I also agree with the way the 70's team proved their point. The "bone" and a hit you in the mouth attitude on defense. Those teams carried a certain attitude with them and you could feel the intensity just before kickoff.

As the dad of a former Ram cheerleader, I urge you to cherish every moment because it goes by way to fast.

OK thanks, I thought that I had read Lex. Catholic.

:thumb: You are welcome. Sometimes I type faster than I can think, it's called, getting old:lol:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.