Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central vs. Ashland - Round 2

Who will win? 132 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Looked like Clark and Brown both had nice games in that one. I don't disagree with you Greybeard for JC to keep winning they will have to throw the ball some just to keep teams honest.

 

:thumb: Exactly - and I've read that the fans think that JC can pass. It's a nice extra weapon to have.

  • Replies 243
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a classless t-shirt mocking something that happened a year ago have anything to do with emotion ? I think I remember many Ashland posters preaching about how people need to learn to "win with class" and "act like they have been there before" Wearing a shirt that brings up the memory of a 17 or 18 year old kids mistake in a big game shows a lot of class and speaks huge volume of the type of program you support. The silent treatment throughout the thread about the last game didnt change the 35 - 7 thumping you got. I honestly dont think a few childish people wearing childish shirts in the stands is going to do much this game either. Coach Briggs better get the basketballs out and start working on some jumpshots because Ashlands football season is over.

It isnt any different than JC having a sign that says " it was good" refering to the field goal last year.

:thumb: Exactly - and I've read that the fans think that JC can pass. It's a nice extra weapon to have.

We do have the talent to pass I just wouldn't want to rely on having to win a game with our passing. It is probably good enough to keep the monkey off our back but JC might be in trouble if they had to rely heavily on their passing to win.

 

Not knocking JC's passing game at all its just the running game is so much better.

It isnt any different than JC having a sign that says " it was good" refering to the field goal last year.

 

 

That is a good point. :sssh:

We do have the talent to pass I just wouldn't want to rely on having to win a game with our passing. It is probably good enough to keep the monkey off our back but JC might be in trouble if they had to rely heavily on their passing to win.

 

Not knocking JC's passing game at all its just the running game is so much better.

 

I have seen enough of the JC air game to know they have one but cannot imagine it being anything other than means of keeping opponents honest on defense. Only if the Eagles find themselves behind and the clock ticking late in a game will we see them run two consecutive pass plays. Passing because you WANT TO will sometimes bring about different results when compared to passing when you HAVE TO.

 

With the success of the JC rushing attack, these Eagles will be “grounded” this Friday.

I have seen enough of the JC air game to know they have one but cannot imagine it being anything other than means of keeping opponents honest on defense. Only if the Eagles find themselves behind and the clock ticking late in a game will we see them run two consecutive pass plays. Passing because you WANT TO will sometimes bring about different results when compared to passing when you HAVE TO.

 

With the success of the JC rushing attack, these Eagles will be “grounded” this Friday.

Totally agree, JC will only throw in a pass here and there to keep people form stacking 9 in the box against them, which most teams still do anyway even after they have thrown a pass.

Johnson Central is going to have complete control in this one

 

Johnson Central-49

 

Ashland-10

You know your right I shouldn't have lowered myself to the level of JC fans. To everyone else I greatly apologize for that. I will keep all my post classy and positive. I will not post anything else on a JC thread.

 

Don't let the door hit ya' on the way out. You're probably out anyway if anyone has reported you for your derogatory remarks, "class" references, etc. I've been kicked off so many times for less, and after months of rehab, am now a model BGP poster. I love everyone and everything. Smooches.

It isnt any different than JC having a sign that says " it was good" refering to the field goal last year.

 

It was good.

 

Grim doesn't play defense, and Central's defense is a pretty glaring dimension. Unless you have some new fundamentals about how the game is played, which I doubt, then you should understand that there's no need to put the ball in the air when you average 45 points on offense while your starters give up 3 on defense. Any coach that would do that is a coach trying to run the score up. No need to here. And for the life of me, I can't imagine a coach showing his entire hand when there's nothing to gain. Football 101.[/quote

 

 

All I am saying is, it is not if, but when somebody can put something together to stop Grimm, You better hope those other backs an the passing game is really intact? I got a feeling you will need it if not against Ashland, down the road! I don't recall to many teams that go very far with out a good dose of ground an air attack!

 

Haven't needed it yet, 11-0, beating opponents by an average of 39 points. When we need it, it'll be there.

I love all of the predictions, but toss in a few mis-timed turnovers and either team could receive a short field and a few scores not anticipated. Good luck to both teams and hope all finish as healthy as they start. I also hope the fans of both sides show a bit of good sportsmanship, regardless of the outcome!:thumb:

:thumb: Great post 6shot!

It was good.

 

I'm sure you meant, "It was good, honey". (considering your "model BGP poster" status)

 

:lol:

Has anyone seen the forecast for friday? I hope that the weather is co-operative with the game so more are likely to come out and support these teams. I thought we would have more out at last weeks playoff game with Boyd Co., but with such cold temps I can understand why people didnt come.

It doesn't get too cold for TRUE football fans...only for the casual "need to be seen" crowd.

I'm sure you meant, "It was good, honey". (considering your "model BGP poster" status)

 

:lol:

 

Well....okay, "honey" then. I love all things. Gonna roll off this bean bag and flip my John Lennon LP. Hey, this attitude has been adjusted.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.