Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central vs. Ashland - Round 2

Who will win? 132 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

After watching the film I saw very, and i mean very few mistakes by them.. perfect was exagerating, i know.. but it wasn't just a good game either.. JC played an outstanding game! I will just leave it at that.. I thought it was kind of a compliment to the kids by saying that, I'm sure our kids would be happy to get that kind of recognition.. sorry if you took it the wrong way though :thumb:

 

 

Well after watching the film, I seen a whole lot different point of view than you did. JC didn't play like they are capable of with a lot of stupid yet simple mistakes. On the outside looking in, it could seem like and awesome mistake free game but believe me the players and coaching staff see it a whole lot differently.:thumb:

  • Replies 243
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Tomcat69...I should give more credit where credit is due. My boys did play an excellent game more so than a good game. If JC does limit their penalties and mistakes, it will be a long night for Ashland again. No skin off Ashland's nose, they have a good football just not the caliber of JC

I live about 20 minutes from Papa John's stadium, and unless I have to be out of town for work, I will be at the championship games.

 

Well worth the price of admission. Good football, good coaching, good people. Needless to say, I'm a little biased toward whichever teams come from the Eastern end of the state....

 

 

Frances

 

 

I really hope to see you there agin this year Frances!! If so, you know I'll be in maroon too...........................and gold!!!

I disagree with you on one thing in your post. I do not think Johnson Central has as good of passing game as Ashland. I think Ashland has a better qb and I think they have a better group of receivers. I don't know if the qb will have enough time to throw and the receivers enough time to get open but i think if Ashland's O line gives them time they are better than Johsnon Central in that aspect of the game. Just my opinion.

 

 

JC doesn't even need a passing game. Have you ever seen their o-line?

I doubt they'll need one Friday anyway.

Johnson Central. 28

Ashland 7

  • Author
For me to predict an Ashland victory this Friday would require a few too many “ifs” although I do believe this Tomcat team could pull off the upset. One of the more puzzling questions regarding the 2006 Tomcats is whether they have yet played an entire game up to their full potential. We responded well after getting stung in the season opener and displayed much character and determination in two hard fought multiple overtime victories. Perhaps those overtime wins are the best we can play, but even with a modest outlook, one couldn’t help but think we had room to improve and the corresponding ability to do it.

 

I refuse to believe we have played our best football yet…if this team has the ability to turn it up a notch or two, now would be the perfect time. JC is a worthy opponent who has steadily separated themselves from the pack throughout the season. It will take a game unlike what Ashland has played thus far to trip up this favored Eagle team. With 24 Tomcat seniors who I hope are not quiet ready to hang up their pads (most for the remainder of their lives) this next game may turn the “Unfinished Business” tour into a “Going Out Of Business” finale.

Oh no you didnt! :fight: :madman:

Good luck to the Tomcats in hopes that your season continues.

 

Ashland 12

 

JC 8

Good luck to the Tomcats in hopes that your season continues.

 

Ashland 12

 

JC 8

 

Hold Johnson Central to 8 pts. No way.

  • Author
Hold Johnson Central to 8 pts. No way.

No team in the state in any class could hold Johnson Central to 8 points.

Hold Johnson Central to 8 pts. No way.

Just stating my opinion!! I have backed the Tomcats all season and do not plan to change now.

 

Tomcats 12

 

JC 8

No team in the state in any class could hold Johnson Central to 8 points.

 

You should take one game at a time,dont you think.There is some strong teams in the state.Dont get me wrong JC is A strong team but anything can happen.

No team in the state in any class could hold Johnson Central to 8 points.

 

I respect your support for your team. Do you honestly think JC could play with Trinity, X, Lex. Catholic, Ft. Thomas ?

I respect your support for your team. Do you honestly think JC could play with Trinity, X, Lex. Christian, Ft. Thomas ?

 

 

 

 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

No team in the state in any class could hold Johnson Central to 8 points.

Lets not over-exagerate

I respect your support for your team. Do you honestly think JC could play with Trinity, X, Lex. Catholic, Ft. Thomas ?

 

As for Lex Cath & Fort Thomas (or their district #1 seed Cov Cath), we are hoping to find out at JCHS on November 24, but each of these teams has a lot of football to play between now and then.

 

It's good to see the Tomcat fans returning to this thread, and responding to their call to "Believe." :thumb: I sure hope they play their best Friday, JCHS really needs a tough, close game to prepare for these later rounds. It's OK for us to believe too, right? ;) Coach Matney has this team believing they can go to the state finals, but won't let them change their focus from one game at a time. I am sure Ashland is capable of winning if we were to lose focus, but I don't see that happening. Both teams have improved in the last two games, but I look for JCHS to win it, 28-14 (no missed extra points) in a well played, hard hitting game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.