Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central vs. Ashland - Round 2

Who will win? 132 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Ashland has the capability of making this a lot better game than last time. But more heart and determination will be needed by the Tomcats. This is a very, very good Johnson Central team that would give anybody in the state a good ballgame.

 

I believe that if you were to stop Grimm it could cause JC some major problems as they have not faced that this year. As one said: 'JC is one dimensional',in a sense they are although I think that they have not had to do anything else this year as they have been very successful with that part of the game.

 

If Ashland can keep the number of big plays by JC to two or less then they might have a chance in this ballgame.

 

Here's hoping these Ashland seniors leave all they have on the field and play every play with emotion, something we haven't seen for a couple of months.

  • Replies 243
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is GIAT ? I think he may be the ring leader of the "silence" strategy.

 

 

Why are some of you still talking about a silence strategy? :confused: There are Ashland poster all through out the thread.

LRCW, I would chip in on that pre-game meal. I think this will be a hard fought game on both sides. I think the game will go just about like last time, but if Ashland comes in as flat as some of the Ashland posters have said, then JC might put more points up than last time. I just hope for a hard fought game with no injuries on either side. I hope it is a little warmer than this past Friday night, I have to admit I got a little cold...Any other Tomcat fan that would want to get a pre-game meal, PM me and we will arrange to meet.

That is something I could do without during the game! I think it is great before the game, timeouts, halftime, touchdowns, and change of quarters but throughout the game is insulting to your visiting teams! Those snappy one liners should be left out for a classier more enjoyable game experience for everybody. If Ashland plays as uninspired as they have for several weeks it will be ugly? If they give all they have I think they can play right with them! IMO Ashland should keep somebody on Grimm all night long everywhere he goes! Make them prove they are more than one dimensional from what I saw last time Grimm was the offense, they are a solid team all the way around but GRIMM IS THE KNOCKOUT PUNCH! He is one of those special players that don't come around very often, treasure him while you have him he is something else! :p

 

I went to the Boyd/Johnson Co. game last Friday and thought the PA guy was awesome! They're sound system is top notch to say the least. Johnson Central fans are probably as nice as they come! I thought the RoadRunner "beep beep" when Grimm scores was hilarious.

 

I'm afraid GIAT will be hearing that noise in his dreams all summer after Friday night.:lol:

Where is GIAT ? I think he may be the ring leader of the "silence" strategy.

As LRCW has stated, there are plenty of other Ashland posters chiming in, however, I believe that GIAT draws the most ire due to his homerism and maroon glasses, which is why I like him! The only disappointment I have in GIAT currently, I believe he has thrown his arms up in surrender. He has changed his avatar from "his boy" the quarterback already to his new boy, coach Biggs. I suppose football season is over and basketball has begun. That may be an oversight, but his reply in this thread may silence some of the JC posters on the fabled "Ashland silent treatment" theory.

Most of the Ashland posters showed the upmost class in the thread about the outcome of the game. I still didnt understand the silence tactic in the predictions thread the last time around but... LCRW, Catdaddy, Graybeard, etc. are some of the classest people we have here on BGP and are what makes BGP the best forum for high school sports talk.

 

 

Thank you - thank you very much.

 

Regarding the “silent treatment” in the prediction thread for last game - You should be flattered. It was something new, just for you (JC). Our fans held ranks pretty well for that thread and it seems to have gotten your attention. It’s high praise that a “plan” was thought up just for you.

 

Regarding this game - Johnson Central has a very good team and they are the heavy favorites. I’m hoping that the Tomcats can pull off the upset. But, I’m doubtful that they have a game like that in them.

 

Whoever wins, I will support them the rest of the way through the play-offs; and I hope that they represent our district well.

Why are some of you still talking about a silence strategy? :confused: There are Ashland poster all through out the thread.

Yeah, some of you guys are pretty nice guys and show a lot of class.:thumb:

 

I think that he was referring to the usually obnoxious one(s) that is (are) obviously missing. You can bet if Ashland were the prohibitive favorite that he (they) would be all over these threads just being his (their) normal self (selves). He (They) sure seems (seem) to be able to post away about every subject in all of the other threads concerning Ashland athletics.

 

Maybe it's just one of those rare coincidences.:confused:.................NOT

 

 

Anyways whatever, and good luck to both teams friday night.

Having seen Ashland twice and JC once, I have to give a decided edge to the Eagles. If Ashland plays like they did in the first half of the first Mason County game, and the first quarter of the playoff game, it will be lights out real early; maybe a final of 42-7. If they don't play nervous from the start (as they did this past Friday), they can keep it very respectable, more like 28-17. Either way, I think JC advances.

Thank you - thank you very much.

 

Regarding the “silent treatment” in the prediction thread for last game - You should be flattered. It was something new, just for you (JC). Our fans held ranks pretty well for that thread and it seems to have gotten your attention. It’s high praise that a “plan” was thought up just for you.

 

Regarding this game - Johnson Central has a very good team and they are the heavy favorites. I’m hoping that the Tomcats can pull off the upset. But, I’m doubtful that they have a game like that in them.

 

Whoever wins, I will support them the rest of the way through the play-offs; and I hope that they represent our district well.

Your a member of the anti-####. Your one of the truley good guys.

As LRCW has stated, there are plenty of other Ashland posters chiming in, however, I believe that GIAT draws the most ire due to his homerism and maroon glasses, which is why I like him! The only disappointment I have in GIAT currently, I believe he has thrown his arms up in surrender. He has changed his avatar from "his boy" the quarterback already to his new boy, coach Biggs. I suppose football season is over and basketball has begun. That may be an oversight, but his reply in this thread may silence some of the JC posters on the fabled "Ashland silent treatment" theory.

Yeah, but in most circles that is referred to as being a quitter.

Yeah, some of you guys are pretty nice guys and show a lot of class.:thumb:

....

 

Of course, this statement can be applied to every school in the state, including Johnson Central.

 

We all have some level headed fans, some die hards, and some blow hards. The truth is, every one of us wants the same thing. We want the kids from our school to play hard, play well, and win. We want the kids from both teams to come out injury free, and we want to have those bragging rights that are good for one full year.

 

The only difference is in how we express those wants.

 

 

Frances

Does anyone know if those "Wide Right" T-shirts are still for sale?

 

I have never seen anyone wearing one of these shirts or do these shirts exsist.:thumb: Its not right to degrade young men who play the game of football:thumb:

I have never seen anyone wearing one of these shirts or do these shirts exsist.:thumb: Its not right to degrade young men who play the game of football:thumb:

I think that Bobby Bowden and FSU bought all that was in stock. They even bought the ones that said Wide left. FSU has cornered the market.

: Its not right to degrade young men who play the game of football:thumb:

 

? I don't understand this one...

Johnson Central 35-20.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.