Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central vs. Ashland - Round 2

Who will win? 132 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Personaly I have never liked that warm up smack,it was started in the Marsh years and carried on .In the Conley years we proved it on the field with a wishbone with a option and of course the halfbackpass works every time at the right time .

 

 

Marsh was an assistant coach when this was started, but I believe Manley was the head coach if I'm not mistaken for what it's worth.

  • Replies 243
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect to see the lovely padlock on this one soon!:lol:

I'm not sure how much they passed throughout the playoff's but they sure didn't have much success with it or try to throw that much in the championship game.

 

Brown's passing stats for that game were: 1-6 for 11 yds.

 

 

 

These stats were posted by Fball in the Russell 34 Newpart 33 (OT) thread last fall. The point being that a balanced offense was needed (even by Russell) to advance in the play offs (this was the regional championship round I believe).

 

 

Kasey Clark - 124 yards rushing, 102 yards recieving, 4TDs(3rushing ,1 recieving)

Tommy Brown - 10-15-1 for 164 yards passing (1TD), 59 yards rushing (1TD)

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by FBALL : 11-19-2005 at 07:06 AM.

 

 

I hope that the Tomcats can make an exciting game of this second meeting.

You know your right I shouldn't have lowered myself to the level of JC fans. To everyone else I greatly apologize for that. I will keep all my post classy and positive. I will not post anything else on a JC thread.

To the level of JC fans? After reading your last few posts it's clear to me that your on a level by yourself. I'll admit there are one or two JC fans on here that come up with some of the craziest crap that I've ever seen but to lump the whole community into one like you've just done is just plain dumb and irresponsible on your part. ALL schools have people like this not just ONE. It makes me wonder why I waste by time arguing with members like yourself.

Now to get back to the game. I expect to see a packed house this Friday night to watch these two teams. I was disappointed at the crowd Boyd County brought last week, but I'm sure that won't be the case this Friday.

I agree with you Jericho!! I never liked the warm up smack. It seems to disrespect the opponent. I also agree with the way the 70's team proved their point. The "bone" and a hit you in the mouth attitude on defense. Those teams carried a certain attitude with them and you could feel the intensity just before kickoff.

:thumb: :thumb: Those Ashland teams in the 70's were imo what football is all about. They were lead by Herb Conley and V. Marsh and Bill Tom Ross were assistants. Marsh went on to be a very sucsessful head coach with the Tomcats in his own right and Ross lead the Raceland Rams for years through the 80's and early 90's. A person would have had to live in a cave somewhere to not realize what those two accomplished. What a staff Ashland had during that time! The Ashland program always has been all class.

I think the Eagles cont. to roll. Ashland will play them tough in the first half and JC will pull away in the 2nd half. 28-7

  • Author

Just a reminder... everybody needs to get out and vote today.

Good luck to the Tomcats in hopes that your season continues.

 

Ashland 12

 

JC 8

 

They will not hold JC to 8 points.

  • Author
To the level of JC fans? After reading your last few posts it's clear to me that your on a level by yourself. I'll admit there are one or two JC fans on here that come up with some of the craziest crap that I've ever seen but to lump the whole community into one like you've just done is just plain dumb and irresponsible on your part. ALL schools have people like this not just ONE. It makes me wonder why I waste by time arguing with members like yourself.

Not trying to start an argument here. As long as the posters you are refering to stay within the rules and guidelines of bluegrasspreps.com, they have every right to say what they want to. That is why we have administrators and moderators to keep everybody in line.

To the level of JC fans? After reading your last few posts it's clear to me that your on a level by yourself. I'll admit there are one or two JC fans on here that come up with some of the craziest crap that I've ever seen but to lump the whole community into one like you've just done is just plain dumb and irresponsible on your part. ALL schools have people like this not just ONE. It makes me wonder why I waste by time arguing with members like yourself.

 

I think he has got the POINT.

Just a reminder... everybody needs to get out and vote today.

 

:thumb: :thumb:

I love all of the predictions, but toss in a few mis-timed turnovers and either team could receive a short field and a few scores not anticipated. Good luck to both teams and hope all finish as healthy as they start. I also hope the fans of both sides show a bit of good sportsmanship, regardless of the outcome!:thumb:

Not trying to start an argument here. As long as the posters you are refering to stay within the rules and guidelines of bluegrasspreps.com, they have every right to say what they want to. That is why we have administrators and moderators to keep everybody in line.

Not trying to start an argument either but just because members " stay within the rules and guidelines of bluegrasspreps.com " doesn't mean they still don't post a bunch of crap that usually has nothing to do with the thread topic which results in a lot of thread closings. The administrators and moderators on the site do a great job in keeping everybody in line but the member(s) that I was referring to in my previous post make there job a lot harder by posting useless info that has nothing to do with a thread topic. I think you know what I mean.;)

These stats were posted by Fball in the Russell 34 Newpart 33 (OT) thread last fall. The point being that a balanced offense was needed (even by Russell) to advance in the play offs (this was the regional championship round I believe).

 

 

Kasey Clark - 124 yards rushing, 102 yards recieving, 4TDs(3rushing ,1 recieving)

Tommy Brown - 10-15-1 for 164 yards passing (1TD), 59 yards rushing (1TD)

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by FBALL : 11-19-2005 at 07:06 AM.

 

 

I hope that the Tomcats can make an exciting game of this second meeting.

Looked like Clark and Brown both had nice games in that one. I don't disagree with you Greybeard for JC to keep winning they will have to throw the ball some just to keep teams honest.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.