Mercer Co. 68 Spencer Co. 19

EKU_05

Sounds like a nice qb to me. What's he rushed for on the year?

Don't know the total number on that but he has passed for 787 yards so far. 510 yards rushing so far he might have more than 787 passing because I dont know the total number on that from last game.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a baller to me. Jeepman I believe Russell can play with us. I think there are 3 or 4 teams that worry me. There are more that are capable but those 3 or 4 really concern me.

I don't think they can keep up with your speedsters. Maybe, maybe not. Sure you should be worried about Russell. They are the defending state champs. It takes a lot of luck to win a state championship. Can Russell beat Mercer? Of course they can. Oregon state just beat USC. It's football. I would really enjoy going back to Louisville. Russell has to get past some very good teams before they start thinking about that. Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Corbin, Ect.

I don't think they can keep up with your speedsters. Maybe, maybe not. Sure you should be worried about Russell. They are the defending state champs. It takes a lot of luck to win a state championship. Can Russell beat Mercer? Of course they can. Oregon state just beat USC. It's football. I would really enjoy going back to Louisville. Russell has to get past some very good teams before they start thinking about that. Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Corbin, Ect.[/quote

Same here Jeepman. We have some teams to deal with. There are a couple on our side that worry me.

Morgan hasnt thrown much this year. He has a good arm. But I think his numbers are less then 400 yards. But, its not because he cant do it. I think Coach is hiding some stuff.

Might come back to hurt them because its always good to get used to hitting your receivers in a real game.Nothing like being rushed in an in game situation.If the receivers know their routes and have had alot of real game practice they will be much more comfortable and they will be in sync with qb.

If Newport had any offense at all they would have beat Mercer plain and simple. But they dont and they didnt. IMO there are quite a few AA teams out there that are better than Newport. Mercer has cruised thru a schedule of teams that arent very tough. Now Im not here to call Mercer out or knock them for who they have played because they have to play who is on the schedule and its not there fault the teams havent been very good.

If Mercer goes deep into the playoffs and beats those top caliber AA teams then they'll get all the praise in the world from me. I just think that they still have a lot left to prove and after week 2 in the playoffs they are gonna have there hands full big time.

No, Im not a disgruntled Newport fan who lost to you guys, I knew you would win and actually expected it to be alot worse. If you guys win state thats awesome for you school and our district as a whole. Good Luck.

If Newport had any offense at all they would have beat Mercer plain and simple. But they dont and they didnt. IMO there are quite a few AA teams out there that are better than Newport. Mercer has cruised thru a schedule of teams that arent very tough. Now Im not here to call Mercer out or knock them for who they have played because they have to play who is on the schedule and its not there fault the teams havent been very good.

If Mercer goes deep into the playoffs and beats those top caliber AA teams then they'll get all the praise in the world from me. I just think that they still have a lot left to prove and after week 2 in the playoffs they are gonna have there hands full big time.

No, Im not a disgruntled Newport fan who lost to you guys, I knew you would win and actually expected it to be alot worse. If you guys win state thats awesome for you school and our district as a whole. Good Luck.

:thumb: :thumb:

You guys beat Spencer and you will get your shot. Please dont judge Mercer from the game with you guys. I'm not making excuses but that turf was slippery that night and Mercer did what they had to do to win. Mercer's schedule looked pretty good til the season went on. Thats just how it goes sometimes.

Just a question here, but have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe your Newport team just has a very, very good defense??? A defense that was equal too, if not better than the defense of Boyle Co. That might explain why Mercer didnt "explode" for more points??!!

Personally, I thought Mercer played one of it's best games of the year against Newport, b/c they did something that they hadnt really done all year, which was SUSTAIN drives, and drives that resulted in TD's, at that. Truthfully speaking, I dont know which determines a more productive offensive nite, scoring 60+ points on big play after big play, or puting together 10-15+ play drives that result in a TD's, and a 27 point total. I guess that is a "to each, their own" sort of opinion.

When two very good, very well coached teams play, like Newport and Mercer are, the ballgame shouldn't be blowout. You say that Newport's offense is struggling this year, which compared to last years team, they probably are, but when you return 9 of 11 starters on defense, then there is a chance your defense is going to be very strong, especially when all of those guys returning on defense are a very good mixture of size, strength and speed(which Newports defense is made up of).

Maybe your Newport team, especially on the defensive side of the ball is a little bit better than you are giving them credit for??!! Best of luck to you and your Wildcats at Spencer Co. this week!:thumb:

Just a question here, but have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe your Newport team just has a very, very good defense??? A defense that was equal too, if not better than the defense of Boyle Co. That might explain why Mercer didnt "explode" for more points??!!

Personally, I thought Mercer played one of it's best games of the year against Newport, b/c they did something that they hadnt really done all year, which was SUSTAIN drives, and drives that resulted in TD's, at that. Truthfully speaking, I dont know which determines a more productive offensive nite, scoring 60+ points on big play after big play, or puting together 10-15+ play drives that result in a TD's, and a 27 point total. I guess that is a "to each, their own" sort of opinion.

Maybe your Newport team, especially on the defensive side of the ball is a little bit better than you are giving them credit for??!! Best of luck to you and your Wildcats at Spencer Co. this week!:thumb:

Ive never had a problem with our defense, I admit they are pretty good. I was impressed that you guys put together and sustained those drives like you did because most high school teams cant do that and eventually turn the ball over before they can score. I just think that there are quite a few teams out there in 2A that are better than us an will give you guys fits.