Mercer Co. 68 Spencer Co. 19

EKU_05

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and in the region that has dominated 2A football the past five years collectively (Region 4) Belfry, SC, Middlesboro, and Breathitt are all planning to ruin the party for all parties involved ;)

:thumb: :thumb: Let the FUN begin..!!!!!!!

...and in the region that has dominated 2A football the past five years collectively (Region 4) Belfry, SC, Middlesboro, and Breathitt are all planning to ruin the party for all parties involved ;)

Didn't region 3 win it last year?

Belfry, Russell and Breathitt could be called dominant during the past five years. The rest that you have mentioned?? No.

Belfry, Russell and Breathitt could be called dominant during the past five years. The rest that you have mentioned?? No.

Hince why I said past five years collectively....

2005 Belfry was a butt flinch away from a 3 peat IMO... (although I feel Russell was the best team last year)

2004 Belfry was dominant, Pburg was the second best 2A team I saw that year, with Russell very close to Pburg

2003 Belfry and Middlesboro were both solid, Pirates win title

2002 Breathitt County wins state title

2001 Pburg makes it to the carpet but loses to an unbelievable Bardstown team..despite being dominated Pburg fared as wellagainst bardstown as anyone ese that year.

Region 4 has had a team in the title game 4 of the past five seasons... and has consistently been the deepest region with Belfry, Breathitt, Middlesboro, Pburg, and Sheldon Clark.

Gotta give the Devils some love though.. they have been on par with the best of Region 4 for the most part.. but it has practically been the Devils alone.

Don't negate the ability of Pburg over the past five years... they have been a very, very good team.. just didnt have any titles to show for it although that 2004 team was very capable, and the 2001 ran into a buzzsaw.

Don't negate the ability of Pburg over the past five years... they have been a very, very good team.. just didnt have any titles to show for it although that 2004 team was very capable, and the 2001 ran into a buzzsaw.

I'm not taking anything away from Prestonsburg. As a matter of fact I would have thrown their name in the ring way before Middlesboro and SC.

Russell was very close to beating Breathitt in 02, losing on a missed XP in OT. That following a regional champioship win over an outstanding Mason Co team.

I know where you were heading with that post and noone is writing off Belfry or the rest of region 4. I think this discussion of past years is for another thread however.

I still see Russell or Belfry coming out of the east.

Does this mean that Mercer is now part of the west even though they are in region 3?

I don't think people realize that Mercer's offense is not designed to score as quickly as it does. Generally coach jaggers likes sustained time consuming drives that eat the clock and demoralize the defense. 28 points, i.e. one ling drive a quarter is perfect. given all the missed blocking assignments against Newport I thought it was a good game. If people misjudge the Titans when they don't score 50 and think they did not play well, they are sadly mistaken. The key to Mercer winning it all will be the defense giving the offense good field position and the offense not turning the ball over. I firmly expect Mercer to play some very close games come playoff time. the only thing that matters is a W not the point spread.