Wrestlemania coming to TV?

They would have to streamline it and take out all of the crap between matches. Superbowl and college football championship last around 3.5+ hours...Wrestlemania could be cut to that. First few hours could be on another channel then switch to network for the main events of the night during the last 3 hours.

Kinda defeats the purpose of having your own network doesn't it.

No, not at all. The NBA, MLB and NFL all have their own network, but there is more money to be made and more eyes on their product if it is on network TV. The same could be true for the WWE, if a prime time network Wrestlemania was a big hit it would probably also draw more fans to their two weekly brands on cable and to their network.

No, not at all. The NBA, MLB and NFL all have their own network, but there is more money to be made and more eyes on their product if it is on network TV. The same could be true for the WWE, if a prime time network Wrestlemania was a big hit it would probably also draw more fans to their two weekly brands on cable and to their network.

None of those are PPV to start with though, big difference.

None of those are PPV to start with though, big difference.

I've never even seen WWE network anywhere on my cable listing. If I didn't pay for an expanded cable package I wouldn't have NBA, MLB or NFL networks. The point is that even with WWE network, where ever it is, they can get many more eyes on their product on a network broadcast than they can on their own PPV. If ad revenue even approaches what they make from PPV they need to go for the bigger audience and put it on Network TV. It could be the biggest decision in WWE history.

I've never even seen WWE network anywhere on my cable listing. If I didn't pay for an expanded cable package I wouldn't have NBA, MLB or NFL networks. The point is that even with WWE network, where ever it is, they can get many more eyes on their product on a network broadcast than they can on their own PPV. If ad revenue even approaches what they make from PPV they need to go for the bigger audience and put it on Network TV. It could be the biggest decision in WWE history.

WWE Network is a streaming service for $9.99 a month. It's not on any extra cable package. That would be interesting though.