Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big Ben: Falcon taunted me after hit

Featured Replies

Yet another case of someone speaking for a fan base they aren't a part of. Brilliant...

 

 

You have to be part of a fan base to have an opinion??

  • Replies 171
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's still very young and has been through a lot this year so I'm ok with what he said. He'll be ok and I think he will still be very successful for years to come. I just wish he was in another division.

They don't. They should beat Oakland with David Woodley running the offense.

 

But according to you, Ben's terrible — despite him playing like the best QB in the league the past two weeks — so having him wouldn't make any difference.

 

Ben does need to be more selective about what comments he makes; but this headline clearly went for the sensationalism angle, and I bet the editor shuffled around the order of the paragraphs to push the whining part up to the top.

 

 

Those 2 games were 2 of his career best and he is young. Ben was given one of the easier jobs in the NFL IMO. He's done next to nothing to impress me. I think I could complete passes to Hines Ward. That's all he did for any yardage last week. 8 completions 173 yards for Ward and 3 TD's (1 with no shoe). His other 8 completions went for 61 yards.

 

The game against KC he was unconscious. Woops.... no pun intended....:D

I can't wait till the last game to see the posters aimed at Big Ben. For someone that was well-liked in this area while he was at Miami, there sure is a lot of dislike for him now. Wasn't he the KY Speedway grand marshal or something in 2005?

I must have missed the part in his post where he talked about crying about that???:confused: :confused:

Perhaps I read more into it, but my point is that he made one comment about the Odell hit last season, and if you would like to spin this one into a "whine" I think it's a stretch. The other things that make "people feel bad for him" were beyond control. I see no correlation to the off field stuff to this or any other comment he made. How do the comments he made make him "look better?" If I misunderstand, I apologize, just seems he gets plastered by some for nothing. I suppose I don't understand how he tries to make people bad for him!

Perhaps I read more into it, but my point is that he made one comment about the Odell hit last season, and if you would like to spin this one into a "whine" I think it's a stretch. The other things that make "people feel bad for him" were beyond control. I see no correlation to the off field stuff to this or any other comment he made. How do the comments he made make him "look better?" If I misunderstand, I apologize, just seems he gets plastered by some for nothing. I suppose I don't understand how he tries to make people bad for him!

By whining about someone talking smack after the hit. Come on that happens every single game every week in the NFL. I realize the media might have made it look a little different than it was intended but, what was the point of saying that really?

Re-occuring concussions. Appendix removed, Broken Jaw, No Bus or decision making skills. Running play action is easy when teams commit to stop your run. Without Bettis Big Ben is terrible.

 

A head coach in the NFL for 15 plus years disagrees with you. Should we trust you or him!

By whining about someone talking smack after the hit. Come on that happens every single game every week in the NFL. I realize the media might have made it look a little different than it was intended but, what was the point of saying that really?

You're serious? He get's asked what the first thing he heard or could he hear anyone while he was down, and you get this? Unbelievable!

You're serious? He get's asked what the first thing he heard or could he hear anyone while he was down, and you get this? Unbelievable!

"One of their players said something to me, and that's the last thing I remember."

 

He declined to identify the player who talked about the facial injuries the quarterback received during his June motorcycle crash but said: "I'll remember his number."

 

"They made a little comment, but I won't bring it up right now," he said.

Who cares? Your nickname is BIG Ben for Pete's sake.

 

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You have to be part of a fan base to have an opinion??

I just find it funny that you can speak for the Bengals fan base even though you aren't in it...

Those 2 games were 2 of his career best and he is young. Ben was given one of the easier jobs in the NFL IMO. He's done next to nothing to impress me. I think I could complete passes to Hines Ward. That's all he did for any yardage last week. 8 completions 173 yards for Ward and 3 TD's (1 with no shoe). His other 8 completions went for 61 yards.

 

The game against KC he was unconscious. Woops.... no pun intended....:D

 

It seems to me that you and more than a few others on this board wouldn't be impressed if he completed 75 percent of his passes and averaged 400 yards and four TDs a game the rest of his career as long as he's wearing black and gold, so I'll take this with a grain of salt.

 

What matters the most is that I'm happy with having him for the next 10 years. If the current pattern holds, by the time he retires, the Steelers will have 3-4 more SB rings. So bash away!

It seems to me that you and more than a few others on this board wouldn't be impressed if he completed 75 percent of his passes and averaged 400 yards and four TDs a game the rest of his career as long as he's wearing black and gold, so I'll take this with a grain of salt.

 

What matters the most is that I'm happy with having him for the next 10 years. If the current pattern holds, by the time he retires, the Steelers will have 3-4 more SB rings. So bash away!

 

:thumb: And a big Who-Dey to that!!!

It seems to me that you and more than a few others on this board wouldn't be impressed if he completed 75 percent of his passes and averaged 400 yards and four TDs a game the rest of his career as long as he's wearing black and gold, so I'll take this with a grain of salt.

 

What matters the most is that I'm happy with having him for the next 10 years. If the current pattern holds, by the time he retires, the Steelers will have 3-4 more SB rings. So bash away!

3-4 more SB rings in the next 10 years? Hardly.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.