October 27, 200619 yr Bottom line is this: The Bengals aren't even close to as good as they were last year! One good year and it automatically guarantees seven straight SBs, according to some of you guys (including last year, minus the alleged cheap shot). You need to cross a few bridges before you start burning them. I really don't want to hate the Bengals. But it's becoming very hard … Trust me you Steeler fans have made it very hard to like the Steelers, it is a two way street here....
October 27, 200619 yr Bottom line is this: The Bengals aren't even close to as good as they were last year! One good year and it automatically guarantees seven straight SBs, according to some of you guys (including last year, minus the alleged cheap shot). You need to cross a few bridges before you start burning them. I really don't want to hate the Bengals. But it's becoming very hard … Is this bc they didn't win by much against a RIVALRY, DIVISION team that's 2-4, or bc you said so. I've heard alot of professionals who get paid to do this say the Bengals are the real deal, and as time goes on they expect them to improve, as long as they can get and stay healthy. But hey what do those guys raking in the big bucks know... Also another side note, ummm most people were hoping CP would be playing by now, he has, and effectively though not at 100%, perhaps if you'd said not nearly as good as last years team, RIGHT NOW, I could buy it. I think the Bengals are, and will be over all, better than last year though, only time will tell.
October 27, 200619 yr With wins over preseason AFC favorite Pittsburgh and NFC favorite Carolina while dealing with critical injuries and sitting at 4-2 it's hard not to agree with you. I mean, they could be 2-4... :sssh: :fire: Wish I'd seen this before my last post, but I think we managed to get the point acrossed...
October 27, 200619 yr First, there was nothing to the story until the media decided to make something of it, like they have been doing more of this year around the league. Second, Bengal fans whine of lack of class in bringing up the Palmer injury yet were the first ones to giggle and point at Rothlisberger's motorcycle crash. The jokes. The avatars. I think it's classless on both levels -- both sides. Funny thing is, more than one talking head has compared the Bengals to the Cubs -- one good season and everyone is talking about winning it all for years to come. New coach (Baker/Lewis), young players (Palmer/Prior), young players hurt (Palmer/Prior), popular mouthy players (Sosa/Johnson), neither have ever won anything although they have come close but their fans will tell you how great they will be because THIS is finally the year. It appears to me that Bengal fans are jealous of the Super Bowl ring the Steelers got last year and the Steeler fans are jealous of the Bengals record compared to their own. What I think is funny is comments like this, I guess if you're an old timer maybe it seems like a short amount of time. But the Bengals haven't had a losing season in over 3 years, and after having countless ones well over a decade, well that seems like progress. But hey keep on saying what you will. Teams with no respect play angry & hungry, and I would love to see this Bengals D get a little hungry. Also on a side note, what is the measurement of success for the NFL. The Bengals are new to it apparantly(only one year), I as a fan just want to make sure I do my part to inform others of when the team is, and is not successful....:dancingpa
October 27, 200619 yr Also on a side note, what is the measurement of success for the NFL. The Bengals are new to it apparantly(only one year), I as a fan just want to make sure I do my part to inform others of when the team is, and is not successful....:dancingpa I do believe they've played in two Super Bowls right?
October 27, 200619 yr What I think is funny is comments like this, I guess if you're an old timer maybe it seems like a short amount of time. But the Bengals haven't had a losing season in over 3 years, and after having countless ones well over a decade, well that seems like progress. But hey keep on saying what you will. Teams with no respect play angry & hungry, and I would love to see this Bengals D get a little hungry. Also on a side note, what is the measurement of success for the NFL. The Bengals are new to it apparantly(only one year), I as a fan just want to make sure I do my part to inform others of when the team is, and is not successful....:dancingpa Or you could say they have had 1 winning season in the last 15 years. They went 8-8, 8-8, 11-6 the last 3 years right?
October 27, 200619 yr Or you could say they have had 1 winning season in the last 15 years. They went 8-8, 8-8, 11-6 the last 3 years right? I was waiting for someone to say that.
October 27, 200619 yr It seems to me that you and more than a few others on this board wouldn't be impressed if he completed 75 percent of his passes and averaged 400 yards and four TDs a game the rest of his career as long as he's wearing black and gold, so I'll take this with a grain of salt. What matters the most is that I'm happy with having him for the next 10 years. If the current pattern holds, by the time he retires, the Steelers will have 3-4 more SB rings. So bash away! You're happy with a QB that is 100 times better at handing it off than anyone in the league. When Big Ben throws a downfield out give me a call, but it won't be in the next ten years.
October 27, 200619 yr This thread is absurd. For example, I don't think Big Ben will play good this week even though he's playing Oakland. He's had 2 good weeks in a row, but he's been terrible this year and he had a concussion a few days ago. Is that an honest educated opinion, or is that an emotional "I hate the Steelers" prediction????? Ben spent last season throwing the ball 15-20 times and at least half of those were off play action. His numbers were average/mediocre last year at best. Who was th QB that won the SB at Baltimore? He wasn't good. Ben has an average arm for an NFL QB. It's not considered strong by many at all. Yet because I'm a Bengals fan I don't think he's good because he's a Steeler???????? I watched Big Ben throw 8-15 yard routes to Ward, Randle El, etc. etc. last year, but the offense (even the passing) was produced from the run. If I'm wrong may God strike me down. This has 0 to do with me being a Steeler hater/bengal fan. Big Ben having 2 good games in a row isn't enough to convince me that he's a legit GOOD NFL QB. I think he's average.
October 27, 200619 yr He has a much better arm than average. Anyone who saw him throw in that Miami tv game in the thunderstorm can see that. If he stays healthy he'll be one of the better qb's in the league for years to come. He just won't put up monster numbers unless a new coach changes the offense.
October 27, 200619 yr For example, I don't think Big Ben will play good this week even though he's playing Oakland. He's had 2 good weeks in a row, but he's been terrible this year and he had a concussion a few days ago. Is that an honest educated opinion, or is that an emotional "I hate the Steelers" prediction????? Ben spent last season throwing the ball 15-20 times and at least half of those were off play action. His numbers were average/mediocre last year at best. Who was th QB that won the SB at Baltimore? He wasn't good. Ben has an average arm for an NFL QB. It's not considered strong by many at all. Yet because I'm a Bengals fan I don't think he's good because he's a Steeler???????? I watched Big Ben throw 8-15 yard routes to Ward, Randle El, etc. etc. last year, but the offense (even the passing) was produced from the run. If I'm wrong may God strike me down. This has 0 to do with me being a Steeler hater/bengal fan. Big Ben having 2 good games in a row isn't enough to convince me that he's a legit GOOD NFL QB. I think he's average. Uh-oh...he hasn't posted on here in a while!!!
October 28, 200619 yr Trust me you Steeler fans have made it very hard to like the Steelers, it is a two way street here.... Perhaps, but I've always cheered for the Bengals. I doubt very seriously you've ever cheered for the Steelers. And I try very hard to stay out of the bickering, but it's difficult, especially after I've been drinking (like last night).
October 28, 200619 yr Or you could say they have had 1 winning season in the last 15 years. They went 8-8, 8-8, 11-6 the last 3 years right? I guess it's just me, but if you've won as many as you've lossed, I don't consider it a losing season.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.