St. X Vs. Butler

BirdieCat

I don't think the 3 way tiebreaker system works that way. Each team gets to count the number of wins from their top 4 defeated opponents (not counting teams involved in the tie). The team with the most points is #1, second most is #2, etc. Manual wouldn't automatically get the #2 seed because they had beaten Male.
I looked it up, and you're correct. I thought they resolved the first tie and then started over, like most systems, but for a three way tie where all three teams are 1-1 against the other two, it stays in the points system all the way.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Manual beats Male, X would be first in the points for the three way tiebreaker. If Manual is ALSO ahead of Male (at the moment, I believe they're tied or projected to be tied) then Manual would get a home game in the first round, and Manual stadium would be unavailable for X to use, no matter what their records would be. The district record is all that counts in all this, and if Manual beats Male (and X doesn't crap out to Butler) all three end up at 5-1.

Believe it or not this ain't my first rodeo...I know how things work..kind of have to don't I ;)

What I didn't realize was Manual record at this time.

Believe it or not this ain't my first rodeo...I know how things work..kind of have to don't I ;)

What I didn't realize was Manual record at this time.

Well, you weren't being specific about what you were confused about!:lol:

Don't act like I try and patronize you on this subject, I'm well aware that you're up to snuff... but, in my experience, even coaches get confused about the tiebreaker.

Well, you weren't being specific about what you were confused about!:lol:

Don't act like I try and patronize you on this subject, I'm well aware that you're up to snuff... but, in my experience, even coaches get confused about the tiebreaker.

Gotcha :thumb:

Sorry for the thread jack back to the X/B game...going to be rainy!!!!!

That's a pretty bold prediction given that Butler is giving up 35 points a game and only scoring scoring 21 a game.

No question about it. LUCK seems to believe its going to be an upset week across the state so I agree with him. Thats why I pick X to suffer the loss for the second straight week.:rolleyes:

In all actuality, I expect St. X to roll in this one but an X poster just got under my skin posting scores about teams he has no clue about.

St X will be able to run and run and run on Butler. The Bears have given up between 250 and 300 yards rushing per game against the better opponents on their schedule.

X will rotate in a lot of seniors who don't get much playing time, which will keep the scoring down from what it could be.

St X 45

Butler 7

Any word on changing the game site?

The game is on at Manual. It will be the last home game for St. X at Manual. If we win, which I predict we will, the first playoff game will be at Papa John's.

I looked it up, and you're correct. I thought they resolved the first tie and then started over, like most systems, but for a three way tie where all three teams are 1-1 against the other two, it stays in the points system all the way.

Not all the way thru the District, but all the way thru the 3 teams involved in the 3-way tie. Once the 3 tied team seedings are determined it reverts back to district record. Unless there is a tie there.....Let's not even go there.

PREDICTION:

On a wet, muddy, sloppy field, with more 2's in the game than normal, Birdie says:

St. X - 35

Butler - 10

:thumb: GO TIGERS!:thumb: