Scott and Simon Kenton's last time to play each other.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just this person's opinion, but that's insane to me. Why would a family have to pay that much to play football?

They did not tell any players or parents this intill they got the bill last week. I heard unless they pay this. The seniors will not be aloud to take part in any ceremony, but would still get thier diploma by mail.

These 2 should play eachother every year. It is a shame to not play your biggest rival. Also, you can't say that they didn't want to get beat bad because this game has always been a close one. SK is having a few good years but eventually they will fall off and have a few bad ones just like most other schools do, and Scott will have a good group of kids come in that can compete here in the next few years. I don't care who it is, if they are your biggest rival and the game that everyone looks forward to then you should play them.

These 2 should play eachother every year. It is a shame to not play your biggest rival. Also, you can't say that they didn't want to get beat bad because this game has always been a close one. SK is having a few good years but eventually they will fall off and have a few bad ones just like most other schools do, and Scott will have a good group of kids come in that can compete here in the next few years. I don't care who it is, if they are your biggest rival and the game that everyone looks forward to then you should play them.

I couldnt agree more.

It has alot to do with open enrollment.(sure) I agree, but Scott is charging a football fee of 300.00 to play at Scott. I think is a joke. That is not helping to keep kids there.

If this is true which I doubt no one who supports Scott can blame open enrollment for their loss of athletes, I don't think there is another school in their school district that charges anywhere near that. If i was a parent I would say I could pay $300, and watch my son's team loose or send them to another school pay alot less and have them competeing in the playoffs tough choice there. If this is true thank god for open enrollment in Kenton County other wise wonder what they would charge

They did not tell any players or parents this intill they got the bill last week. I heard unless they pay this. The seniors will not be aloud to take part in any ceremony, but would still get thier diploma by mail.

I'm confused and might be taking this wrong, but the football players have to pay $300 in order for the seniors to have a graduation ceremony??? I think I have to be misunderstanding something.

If this is true which I doubt no one who supports Scott can blame open enrollment for their loss of athletes, I don't think there is another school in their school district that charges anywhere near that. If i was a parent I would say I could pay $300, and watch my son's team loose or send them to another school pay alot less and have them competeing in the playoffs tough choice there. If this is true thank god for open enrollment in Kenton County other wise wonder what they would charge

This just started this year. besides they play them as freshmen. one play and one at a time. so they are lock in. And cant go to another school unless they move or sit out a year. This is a fact.

This just started this year. besides they play them as freshmen. one play and one at a time. so they are lock in. And cant go to another school unless they move or sit out a year. This is a fact.

This is being done by more than just Scott though. I watched a few freshman get in the game for SK last week which locked them up.

In a sense it is sad that the player really is just being used in this situation to prevent them from going somewhere else and it is sad that coaches need to do this to keep kids in the program. Also, fbpride thanks for clearing up the whole graduation thing. That is a rediculous amount of money and do you know how the bill got to be that high?