Who would win? Thomas More College or Covington Catholic?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I don't think this standard applies - "well, college players are men and are more developed than high school players".

I would say Thomas More. The speed, strength, and conditioning at any college level, regardless of division, is greater then the high school level.

The first place my mind goes to is "How many Cov Cath players would walk right into a Thomas More Practice and be in the first group (top 5-7)?" Maybe 3 at most?

Also, considered "Would Cov Cath's entire rotation make Thomas More's team?" I wouldn't think so.

Very interesting topic for discussion, but I am going to go with Thomas More.

I do think it would be competitive though.

TMC couldn't guard Jake Walter or Fredrick! Ruthsatz is also a D-2 player who is more talented than the TMC D-3 players. I say CovCath would win 73-63!

Here is my question from this thread and the CC v UConn. Everyone keeps saying who is guarding Jake? He averaged 11 points a game this year and their was nobody his size in the entire region? I’m not knocking Jake and look forward to seeing him @ XU. I guess my question is would CC completely change their offensive scheme from outside in (Guards first) to inside out ( Center first) option?

TMC couldn't guard Jake Walter or Fredrick! Ruthsatz is also a D-2 player who is more talented than the TMC D-3 players. I say CovCath would win 73-63!

Plenty of D-3 players could do a decent job guarding Walter. He didn't dominate in high school. Frederick would be a more difficult task but there are some very good athletes in D3 that could do at least as good of a job as in high school. The point guard would be a wash. The rest of the team I would give a slight edge to TMC.