Florida vacation suggestions

PurplePride92

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from the Redington Beach, Madera Beach, Indian Rocks Beach area between Clearwater and St. Pete. Really liked that area. Will definitely go back.

I clean forgot about Indian Rocks in my list of things to do for @jahearme. I lived two blocks off Indian Rocks Beach when I first moved down here. Spent almost every evening on it during the summer of '83. How could I forget that? My mind is going quick like. :D

I hate Allegiant with a passion. I hate the way they charge additional fees. I shouldn't have to pay for a carryon.

My average round trip flight (non stop) is around $125 from Lex to Clearwater.

You're free to pay triple on most other airlines and get a free carry on, and out of Lex, it will not be non stop.

Made it to the Seabreeze. Excellent place. Missed out on Friendly Tavern. Went to the Conch, Crabby Bills and Caddys on the Beach. All fun places. Breakfast at Sweet Sage or the Frog Pond was also delicious.

My average round trip flight (non stop) is around $125 from Lex to Clearwater.

You're free to pay triple on most other airlines and get a free carry on, and out of Lex, it will not be non stop.

To fly out of Cincy to Myrtle Beach last summer it was $300 on Delta. $175 for allegiant. By the time I added all of the fees for baggage and everything else it was an additional $90. No thanks. I’d rather pay the extra money and fly delta. Just my opinion though. It’s not worth the hassle to me to fly allegiant to save a couple bucks it’s definitely not triple the price to fly another airline unless you just go with the clothes on your back. Hell they were going to charge my girlfriend $15 to take her purse on the plane. I’m not a fan. I only fly 2-3 times a year. If I flew more often maybe I’d consider trying to cut costs more.

Made it to the Seabreeze. Excellent place. Missed out on Friendly Tavern. Went to the Conch, Crabby Bills and Caddys on the Beach. All fun places. Breakfast at Sweet Sage or the Frog Pond was also delicious.

We go to Caddys quite a bit. Our house is about 2 1/2 miles south of there in Pass a Grille.

Our daily hangout is the Drunken Clam in SPB.

To fly out of Cincy to Myrtle Beach last summer it was $300 on Delta. $175 for allegiant. By the time I added all of the fees for baggage and everything else it was an additional $90. No thanks. I’d rather pay the extra money and fly delta. Just my opinion though. It’s not worth the hassle to me to fly allegiant to save a couple bucks it’s definitely not triple the price to fly another airline unless you just go with the clothes on your back. Hell they were going to charge my girlfriend $15 to take her purse on the plane. I’m not a fan. I only fly 2-3 times a year. If I flew more often maybe I’d consider trying to cut costs more.

Oh I understand they can be annoying.

Pretty much shorts, flip flops, and t-shirts for me. I just take a back pack. Which is free. I fly a couple times a month though, so cost and time are important to me.

Even if they were the same price out of Lex, I would still use them because of the non stop.

Traveling tip.

The little airplane bottles of bourbon (or whatever) are allowed to be carried through security as part of you one quart zip lock of liquids. Then once you get on the other side you can get a coke or whatever and have a cocktail while you wait.

Technically it's against the rules, but I don't care. $12-14 for a drink is insane. - and I'm cheap!

They'll take it away if they see you pull it out on the plane.