Covington Catholic 53 Cooper 49 (9th Region Semifinals)

Nobody out coached the other. CCH made the needed adjustment to stop AK and no one on Cooper could knock down open shots. Certainly happy with the outcome and could watch these two play 10X and they would never disappoint.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wasnt Jake Walters more involved in this game?

Did Cooper take him it out it?

Did CCH not get him the ball enough?

I would think that a 7 footer would be a difference maker especially when Cooper has no one over 6-4.

Why wasnt Jake Walters more involved in this game?

Did Cooper take him it out it?

Did CCH not get him the ball enough?

I would think that a 7 footer would be a difference maker especially when Cooper has no one over 6-4.

I agree. The only real coaching blunder I saw tonight was Ruthsatz not knowing how to use Walter. If I were a big man, Cov Cath would not be a school I would consider attending.

Attended tonight’s game! First thing with being a coach in 9th is thank you to both programs! As they put on a nether great show from sportsmanship to hustle and all the way to showing all the youngsters in the gym how the game is played and coached! Second thing is the outcoached thing is ludacris. I believe both coaches made great adjustments and weathered each run, which made it a 4 point victory. Could be wrong but I believe the biggest lead was 8 points by Cov cath late in 4th. Never got to double digits by any team. As far team for team I believe Cov Cath is the better all around team they have 4 players that can have a game when need be. Also their overall size is a match up nightmare! Last but not least is players will always be compared, that is just the way the Game is built that’s why there is poy, mvp, and ect. My personal opinion goes to ak again no knock on cj but his all around game defending and getting to the rim and his acrobatic finishes I give him the slight advantage. With that being said I believe if you take cj and put him on cooper where more would be expected night in night out I might compare otherwise! But thank you again to both programs good luck Cov Cath also good luck to cooper to take this game and grow from it.

The Walter thing is a whole nether discussion, I don’t believe they utilize him the right way. Coach Ruth has always been a guard coach so they never really run sets from him! Mark my words coach Mack will have him toned up and a threat his jr sr season in a top program in d1. Just keep your head up big fella and get ready for a life change at the next level.

How about the technical on AK what a joke.

What happened? @Letsgetit

Hung on the rim so he wouldn’t land on AJ and they called the T. It cost us 4 points and momentum

He was t'd up for hanging on the rim.

It's all water under the bridge now, but there was indeed a clutter of traffic under the rim that Kunkel was obviously waiting for to disperse to avoid injury.

If we live on the statement alone that he hung on the rim, then yes he indeed did, however if we're observing with common sense then it was plain as day that he was using the good sense to be careful.

Tough luck for him and the Jags was that the refs saw it as hanging for too long.

Personally I saw that it was as long as it took for the traffic to clear out.

All said an done he had to choose between a possible injury or being T'd up. I personally thought that the call sucked. Unsurprisingly the folks sitting near me wearing blue tinted glasses thought otherwise.

Edited by B-Ball-fan

The T on Kunkel was a tough call. So was disallowing Frederick’s 3 on the Cooper foul call with CCH up 23-18.

Cooper didn’t lose because of the T. They had several open looks down the stretch that simply didn’t get knocked down. It happens sometimes.

Great game by both teams.