Covington Catholic 53 Cooper 49 (9th Region Semifinals)

Can we all agree that TEAMS win regionals? CJ is a phenomenal player, but to say HE won 2 of 3, is proposterous. CCH is loaded with talent. For what Cooper was up against, they did a phenomenal job. 2 really good teams, 2 really good players, 2 really good coaches.

Last year it was Coopers team beating CCH. This year CCH got them back.

Don’t take the bait people. A lot of fake news and shock factor in this thread, and some others.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s amazing last year, everyone was bashing Cov Cath, Frederick( saying he was overrated) and how Cooper’s staff is better than Cov Cath!

This year Cov Cath beat them twice, including the regional. Now everyone is blaming the officials! Cov Cath has the better team and better staff!

Definitely worth the $6 admission for this game. 2 great coaches and 2 great teams. Which coach and which player is better? Who cares. As fans we have been blessed with some amazing basketball because of CJ & AK and their respective coaches. As a Cov Cath guy I look forward to watching AK's college career and have no doubt that we will be hearing great things about the future Bruin. AK is flat out a joy to watch create (weather it be for himself or others).

I am very happy for the Colonels and loved seeing them prevail. As many athletes as they have, I am surprised that CJ and Aiden are the only 2 who truly look to score. It seems like whenever anybody else gets the ball they are looking to get it back to CJ or Aiden. One reason that Coopers defense was able to keep Cooper in the game IMO is because they didn't have to worry about anybody else shooting while CCH had to worry about everybody on the floor for Cooper.

Great game by 2 great teams. Bring home the hardware Colonels!

Well said, Tones.

It’s amazing last year, everyone was bashing Cov Cath, Frederick( saying he was overrated) and how Cooper’s staff is better than Cov Cath!

This year Cov Cath beat them twice, including the regional. Now everyone is blaming the officials! Cov Cath has the better team and better staff!

This year, yes. This year. The staff at CCH is excellent down the line. The head coaches are similar/equal, IMO. The CCH team is superbly more talented from top to bottom this year, imo. One could argue they were more talented last year (and Cooper beat them), even though Cooper was loaded last year too, but cch was younger.

Blaming officials is silly and is NEVER the answer. Give kids credit.

Hopefully CCH can bring home another title to NKY.

I had the good fortune at ST.Pius to coach young Aiden Ruthsatz when he first moved to the area. That year began the "rivalry" between he, AJ Mayer and a scrappy blonde headed guard for Conner MS named Adam Kunkel. Ironically, Conner also had a big kid who eventually grew to 7-feet & will be playing at Xavier next year.

These four & their teammates, a bunch of other good players, proceeded to have great NKMSAA battles over a (3) year period. At the time, Pius & Conner were in same district, thus played multiple times. Each has had turns getting the better of the others. To see the progress they have made in the last 7 years is unreal.

My hats off to them & thanks for all the hard work & entertainment provided. Good luck fellas.

Go Colonels.