Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Next Kentucky Coach After Cal?

Featured Replies

Not Bobby Hurley!! :yuck:

  • Replies 77
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billy Donovan would be my top choice and not even close- tough to lure him away from the NBA though.

I don't think I'd be upset by Bruce Pearl. I like his charisma and personality.

Billy Donovan, if you could get him away from the NBA.

 

If not Donovan, Chris Mack, just because I want Deuce to be ticked.

Kevin Willard

Rupp

Hall

Sutton

Pitino

Smith

Gillispie

Calipari

 

The pattern seems to indicate that it'll be someone solid but under-appreciated in the grand scheme, followed by a drunk.

Rupp

Hall

Sutton

Pitino

Smith

Gillispie

Calipari

 

The pattern seems to indicate that it'll be someone solid but under-appreciated in the grand scheme, followed by a drunk.

 

:laugh: That a good one!

Maybe he sticks around long enough for Brad to get some experience?

 

I feel like he would connect well with the youngsters with the chest tattoo.

Rupp

Hall

Sutton

Pitino

Smith

Gillispie

Calipari

 

The pattern seems to indicate that it'll be someone solid but under-appreciated in the grand scheme, followed by a drunk.

 

Should I polish up my resume to be the coach after the coach who follows Cal? lol jk. I do like beers though.

I don't think I'd be upset by Bruce Pearl. I like his charisma and personality.

 

You would be 6 years after his hire when they’re under investigation. Be a fun first 5 years though!

What about Scott Padgett (sp) or Allen Edwards? Just a thought.

This is tough....

 

Guy I would love, that most wouldn't want is Bruce Pearl. He's built for a job like Kentucky IMO.

 

Off the top of my head list....

 

Gregg Marshall

Chris Holtmann

Chris Mack (no chance, if he ends up at UL next season)

Mike White

Mark Few (highly unlikely)

Danny Hurley

Bobby Hurley

 

Whoever is after Cal will have the deck stacked against them to say the least. They likely won't have the success recruiting and won't have the personality. Good luck to them.

 

I would love to have Bruce Pearl too and I think he would do a good job here!

 

With that said I would assume the earliest Cal leaves is in 2 years after Brad graduates. Which if that happens I think Billy Donovan would be the next coach. Duece is right whoever follows Cal would have a tough time. It would take a big name successful coach to have a shot.

 

There was no way Donovan was going to leave Florida to go to another sec school. However I do think he would leave the NBA for UK depending where the Thunder are as contenders or not. If Paul George leaves and it's only Westbrook left. He will know he isn't winning a title there. I think he would only turn down UK this time if the Thunder is a true Championship contender when the UK job opened. If they are not, then I think he comes. Especially since Pitino is no longer in the state.

I would love to have Bruce Pearl too and I think he would do a good job here!

 

With that said I would assume the earliest Cal leaves is in 2 years after Brad graduates. Which if that happens I think Billy Donovan would be the next coach. Duece is right whoever follows Cal would have a tough time. It would take a big name successful coach to have a shot.

 

There was no way Donovan was going to leave Florida to go to another sec school. However I do think he would leave the NBA for UK depending where the Thunder are as contenders or not. If Paul George leaves and it's only Westbrook left. He will know he isn't winning a title there. I think he would only turn down UK this time if the Thunder is a true Championship contender when the UK job opened. If they are not, then I think he comes. Especially since Pitino is no longer in the state.

100%. Cal is for sure here another 2 years. OKC is not going to be set up to win a championship in that time unless something unforeseen happens. Very good chance the only guy left there is Russ. I'll go ahead and call my shot now. Billy Donavan will be the next UK Men's basketball coach. I don't think they even call anyone else unless they think it would be cute to send a feeler out to Brad Stevens.

Stevens makes $3.5m per year while Cal makes $8m? Might not be to far fetched.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.