Top Posters In This Topic

Rupp

Hall

Sutton

Pitino

Smith

Gillispie

Calipari

The pattern seems to indicate that it'll be someone solid but under-appreciated in the grand scheme, followed by a drunk.

Should I polish up my resume to be the coach after the coach who follows Cal? lol jk. I do like beers though.

This is tough....

Guy I would love, that most wouldn't want is Bruce Pearl. He's built for a job like Kentucky IMO.

Off the top of my head list....

Gregg Marshall

Chris Holtmann

Chris Mack (no chance, if he ends up at UL next season)

Mike White

Mark Few (highly unlikely)

Danny Hurley

Bobby Hurley

Whoever is after Cal will have the deck stacked against them to say the least. They likely won't have the success recruiting and won't have the personality. Good luck to them.

I would love to have Bruce Pearl too and I think he would do a good job here!

With that said I would assume the earliest Cal leaves is in 2 years after Brad graduates. Which if that happens I think Billy Donovan would be the next coach. Duece is right whoever follows Cal would have a tough time. It would take a big name successful coach to have a shot.

There was no way Donovan was going to leave Florida to go to another sec school. However I do think he would leave the NBA for UK depending where the Thunder are as contenders or not. If Paul George leaves and it's only Westbrook left. He will know he isn't winning a title there. I think he would only turn down UK this time if the Thunder is a true Championship contender when the UK job opened. If they are not, then I think he comes. Especially since Pitino is no longer in the state.

I would love to have Bruce Pearl too and I think he would do a good job here!

With that said I would assume the earliest Cal leaves is in 2 years after Brad graduates. Which if that happens I think Billy Donovan would be the next coach. Duece is right whoever follows Cal would have a tough time. It would take a big name successful coach to have a shot.

There was no way Donovan was going to leave Florida to go to another sec school. However I do think he would leave the NBA for UK depending where the Thunder are as contenders or not. If Paul George leaves and it's only Westbrook left. He will know he isn't winning a title there. I think he would only turn down UK this time if the Thunder is a true Championship contender when the UK job opened. If they are not, then I think he comes. Especially since Pitino is no longer in the state.

100%. Cal is for sure here another 2 years. OKC is not going to be set up to win a championship in that time unless something unforeseen happens. Very good chance the only guy left there is Russ. I'll go ahead and call my shot now. Billy Donavan will be the next UK Men's basketball coach. I don't think they even call anyone else unless they think it would be cute to send a feeler out to Brad Stevens.