Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Next Kentucky Coach After Cal?

Featured Replies

I ask this because there isn't an easy answer. I am interested to see who everybody would want, minus Brad Stevens because he isn't coming.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is tough....

 

Guy I would love, that most wouldn't want is Bruce Pearl. He's built for a job like Kentucky IMO.

 

Off the top of my head list....

 

Gregg Marshall

Chris Holtmann

Chris Mack (no chance, if he ends up at UL next season)

Mike White

Mark Few (highly unlikely)

Danny Hurley

Bobby Hurley

This is tough....

 

Guy I would love, that most wouldn't want is Bruce Pearl. He's built for a job like Kentucky IMO.

 

Off the top of my head list....

 

Gregg Marshall

Chris Holtmann

Chris Mack (no chance, if he ends up at UL next season)

Mike White

Mark Few (highly unlikely)

Danny Hurley

Bobby Hurley

Gregg Marshall is a different cat.

No Brad Stevens mention?

 

He's #1 but I don't see him leaving the Celtics.

  • Author

If it wasn't for his wife I think he'd have a great shot but with her I don't see it happening.

Gregg Marshall is a different cat.

 

So I've heard, but dude is a really good basketball coach.

  • Author

My number one guy would be Jay Wright but I am not sure if we could get him. Young guys there isn't one that really stands out which is what makes this so hard.

Not sure how many times we've had this thread, but I'll play.

 

Eric Musselman

I think Buzz Williams would do a good job with all that is being the UK basketball coach.

This is tough....

 

Guy I would love, that most wouldn't want is Bruce Pearl. He's built for a job like Kentucky IMO.

 

Off the top of my head list....

 

Gregg Marshall

Chris Holtmann

Chris Mack (no chance, if he ends up at UL next season)

Mike White

Mark Few (highly unlikely)

Danny Hurley

Bobby Hurley

 

From that list I like Mark Few.

Of course, Stevens would be my top. I like Few and Donovan as well. I doubt any of them end up in Lexington.

Whoever is after Cal will have the deck stacked against them to say the least. They likely won't have the success recruiting and won't have the personality. Good luck to them.

Christian Laettner has had his share of financial woes in recent years. He could probably use a job that pays well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.