February 15, 20188 yr Let me be the first to say I was wrong, since I been saying they would win for the last week. They simply still haven't learned how to finish a game. They kept their poise for about 35 minutes tonight which is better, but you have to do that for 40 minutes to win games especially against good teams. Now they need to get a win just to get things straighten out some. Diallo's corner three goes down instead of rimming out, they win that game and who knows what happens next. Instead he misses and the Cats crumble.
February 15, 20188 yr Don’t understand how they haven’t learned anything since arriving in October. They’ve actually regressed!
February 15, 20188 yr Don’t understand how they haven’t learned anything since arriving in October. A lot of people will want to blame Calipari for that but this group just doesnt get it. Best case for UK is quite a few guys return with the next crop and we have a few veteran guys with young studs and they are back where we want them in 2018-2019.
February 15, 20188 yr Don’t understand how they haven’t learned anything since arriving in October. They’ve actually regressed! Not even close to regressing. This team is ten times better on the defensive end than they were to start the year. The biggest difference is now playing other good teams in true road games. Then also just not knowing how to finish. They had This game played right like it needed to be played for 35 minutes. If this game was played earlier in the season we lose by 20 plus at Auburn without it ever even being close in the game.
February 15, 20188 yr Totally agree on Diallo getting some serious pine time. He has sure earned the nickname "apple". Totally agree on the comment that this team just does not have basketball savvy. Too Too too many dumb plays that get worse the tighter the game is at the end.
February 15, 20188 yr A lot of people will want to blame Calipari for that but this group just doesnt get it. Best case for UK is quite a few guys return with the next crop and we have a few veteran guys with young studs and they are back where we want them in 2018-2019. A guy that they expected to have that hurts not having is Baker. He was suppose to be that Lamb type three point threat that this team needs drastically. Next year they should be very solid at guard and should be able to shoot with Green, Quickley, Baker, Johnson, and Herro. I think Alexander leaves and Diallo because his stock will go down more next year with all these guards. The key will be the front court, if Vanderbilt stays that would be huge imo.
February 15, 20188 yr When is the last time Kentucky played on the first day of the SEC Tournament? 2018.
February 15, 20188 yr When CAL starts out post game with ""If we can win a game" then..... Its time for me to turn out the lights. Definitely confirms my earlier post about his halftime body language. Maybe next year
February 15, 20188 yr Cats have them right where they wanted them and then they just folded. Frustrating. Many will jump on here and say the young Cats don't care or play hard enough. I think they just play stupid. I swear I thought I wrote this post. They had a big chance to build on a four point lead but just seemed to make mistake after mistake. The three that rolled around forever that would have made it a 7 point lead turned into a two point lead. Then it was a wrap.
February 15, 20188 yr No offense to the big blue faithful, but this team is terrible. Look at the kids faces as Cal is coaching them up, they could give two craps less. Disinterested is a word that comes to mind, I think many thought this was merely a automatic pass to the NBA, doesn't always work that way. I for one would be happy to see most of them depart and start over
February 15, 20188 yr Another game that the opportunity for a W was there and this team just flat didn't finish. These guys don't know how to win coming down the stretch. Main reason for that is imo there is no leader, not one on this team seems to want to be "the man" / go to guy down the stretch. I thought that Washington hurt us several times with his play, or lack there of with mistakes down low that should've been scores. Diallo ? he can look good on one trip and the next 2 or 3 kill you. Knox hit some big shots / 3's and then I don't know what happened ...words w/ Cal, official or a teammate ?? At any rate, he just seemed not to play hard all of a sudden. Cal didn't have him in down the stretch so something must have happened. I do know that I would've loved to have had a couple or more of his jump shots in the final minutes. 4 Losses in a row with a Very Hot Alabama visiting Rupp this Sat.. I keep hoping things will click in those kid's head and the Cats turn it around. Time is not out but it's dang sure close.
February 15, 20188 yr Diallo's corner three goes down instead of rimming out, they win that game and who knows what happens next. Instead he misses and the Cats crumble. He shouldn't have been shooting the 3 then. He is selfish and killing this team when he is on the floor. He gives them absolutely nothing.
February 15, 20188 yr Diallo's corner three goes down instead of rimming out, they win that game and who knows what happens next. Instead he misses and the Cats crumble. I don't think they win if that three goes in. They just aren't good enough to beat the top notch teams. Not good enough on offense. Not good enough to get stops on defense. Not disciplined enough to stop taking bad shots and making bad mistakes. There just isn't anything this team is good at. What they get happens purely because they are great athletes. All that being said, if they can get an upset win plus beat Mississippi they are almost surely in the tournament. They are probably one and done so who cares if they get in the tournament. Personally, I am ready to move on from this group. I have gone to Bengals mode - if they get a big win, I will be pleasantly surprised but I sure don't expect it. If I am Cal, it is desperation time. I start Green, SGA, Knox, Gabriel and Washington and play each of them 30 minutes plus. My first guy off the bench for a spark is Vanderbilt. The rest of the bench is used just for resting my top 6. I go with that the rest of the way and see what those guys can do for me.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.