Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Auburn 76 Kentucky 66

Featured Replies

sorry dad...:rolleyes:

 

I wonder how many college coaches behind the scenes are saying “Finally Cal at Kentucky is dealing with what we have been dealing with for a decade. Good, not great players who need instruction.”

  • Replies 121
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What does Kentucky do at practice, I wonder.

 

My husband could tell you. He has been to practice.

I'd imagine he would always pull his sons scholarship if needed too.

 

 

 

Yeah, I'd definitely take some of them back with all Spring & Summer to continue to grow as basketball players. Plus it would provide a lot more depth, which would be very beneficial.

 

I thought his son was considered a walk on not a scholarship player.

UK should send Cal packing bank to Memphis. :banana:

I disagree that him taking that three was a selfish play.

 

He was just back into the game and at that point I felt they needed to get as good a shot as possible. To me it looked rushed and I felt that a shot fake and a drive to the basket would have been much more effective getting a dunk or going to the line. Imo Diallo is Monk version 2 without a legitimate shot. Look what's that getting Monk today in the show. I see Diallo falling farther down in the 1st round everyday and with that possibility he is going to try to do too much to show the scouts that he is really, jmho.

They just aren't very good, but with that said I think they have improved and are playing better in spurts. That doesn't much matter, though because their schedule has and is getting just that much better.

 

When you can't shoot it and no true big man, well, we're seeing it.....

I thought his son was considered a walk on not a scholarship player.

 

He may be. I thought he had extra scholarships laying around so his son got one. I could and probably am wrong.

So some of us want to run Cal out of town after the success that he has had? Yeah, If I was an established or up and coming coach, I would be rushing to Lexington to fill that void.

No rational UK fan wants to get rid of Cal. We have seen this season before with the Archie Goodwin/ Nerlens Noel team. If a season like this every 5 years is what UK fans have to tolerate to have the final fours, championships and success in the other four years, that is a trade I take every day of the week.

I wonder how many college coaches behind the scenes are saying “Finally Cal at Kentucky is dealing with what we have been dealing with for a decade. Good, not great players who need instruction.”

 

Except that's not what Cal is dealing with. He is dealing with great players who need instruction - just like he does every season since he's been at UK. Unfortunately this group is not able take the instruction and put it into action on the floor like 90% of the players Cal has coached at UK.

Calipari is a great basketball coach. Anyone who says differently is just a hater.

Calipari is a great basketball coach. Anyone who says differently is just a hater.

 

We don’t ever see any Coach K debates.

We don’t ever see any Coach K debates.

 

If Cal is still coaching 15 years from now there will be zero debates about him also.

 

And I agree with Wireman. The only people debating whether Cal is a great coach now are haters.

We don’t ever see any Coach K debates.

 

With as many times as he been bounced out of the first or 2nd round by double digits seeds, there probably could be a few.

 

Most of the Calipari hate on this topic doesn't even come from other fanbases. It comes from the irrational fans within the BBN.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.