February 15, 20188 yr Another game that the opportunity for a W was there and this team just flat didn't finish. These guys don't know how to win coming down the stretch. Main reason for that is imo there is no leader, not one on this team seems to want to be "the man" / go to guy down the stretch. I thought that Washington hurt us several times with his play, or lack there of with mistakes down low that should've been scores. Diallo ? he can look good on one trip and the next 2 or 3 kill you. Knox hit some big shots / 3's and then I don't know what happened ...words w/ Cal, official or a teammate ?? At any rate, he just seemed not to play hard all of a sudden. Cal didn't have him in down the stretch so something must have happened. I do know that I would've loved to have had a couple or more of his jump shots in the final minutes. 4 Losses in a row with a Very Hot Alabama visiting Rupp this Sat.. I keep hoping things will click in those kid's head and the Cats turn it around. Time is not out but it's dang sure close. He put Vanderbilt in to play defense which Knox apparently can't do.
February 15, 20188 yr He shouldn't have been shooting the 3 then. He is selfish and killing this team when he is on the floor. He gives them absolutely nothing. I disagree that him taking that three was a selfish play.
February 15, 20188 yr He is killing this team when he is on the floor. He gives them absolutely nothing. I do agree with this.
February 15, 20188 yr He put Vanderbilt in to play defense which Knox apparently can't do. Knox is slow as molasses.
February 15, 20188 yr A lot of people will want to blame Calipari for that but this group just doesnt get it. Best case for UK is quite a few guys return with the next crop and we have a few veteran guys with young studs and they are back where we want them in 2018-2019. Just asking but if he brings the majority of them back won't he loose several of the guys coming in? That doesn't fit his scheme does it? They have to leave for him to bring in the next group.
February 15, 20188 yr Just asking but if he brings the majority of them back won't he loose several of the guys coming in? That doesn't fit his scheme does it? They have to leave for him to bring in the next group. I'm pretty sure there is only 3 signed. Knox will be gone, SGA will be gone, Wynard will transfer imo, and one of not both Diallo or Vanderbilt will leave. I do think Green obviuosly, Richards, and Washington will be back.
February 15, 20188 yr A lot of people will want to blame Calipari for that but this group just doesnt get it. Best case for UK is quite a few guys return with the next crop and we have a few veteran guys with young studs and they are back where we want them in 2018-2019. We want the low b-ball IQ players back and hope Keldon Johnson is a lottery player?
February 15, 20188 yr Awesome performance by Kentucky. For these guys to see they can hang within 10 on the road to a top 10 type team is critical for their growth. Such a fun group to watch figure it out. All in on these guy winning 6 in a row in March!!! :banana:
February 15, 20188 yr Is Vanderbilt a 4 pt/game player? He's averaging .45 rebounds per minute, if he can get it going offensively, more minutes are a given, he's a huge key. I'm just not sure how much of an offensive game he has, he's been pretty bad.
February 15, 20188 yr Vanderbilt, SGA, Knox and Diallo are all gone. The only one of those three I would really want back is SGA. The rest of them I am happy to be done with - yes, that includes Knox.
February 15, 20188 yr Awesome performance by Kentucky. For these guys to see they can hang within 10 on the road to a top 10 type team is critical for their growth. Such a fun group to watch figure it out. All in on these guy winning 6 in a row in March!!! :banana: GT enjoying it.
February 15, 20188 yr He put Vanderbilt in to play defense which Knox apparently can't do. I can agree with that. I like Knox but he doesn't play D and if anyone gets physical with him, he backs down.
February 15, 20188 yr Awesome performance by Kentucky. For these guys to see they can hang within 10 on the road to a top 10 type team is critical for their growth. Such a fun group to watch figure it out. All in on these guy winning 6 in a row in March!!! :banana: GT enjoying it. And I am happy for GT. He should enjoy every minute of this basketball season.
February 15, 20188 yr Diallo's corner three goes down instead of rimming out, they win that game and who knows what happens next. Instead he misses and the Cats crumble. That miss was the end for the Cats. Doesn’t help going 50% at the line. Also Washington and SGA missed crucial gimmes towards the end. Also seems like the Cats had three or four straight possessions up 55-51 and failed to extend the lead.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.