FC Cincinnati 2018 Kits

giphy.gif

I hadn't heard of the term before I'd started (casually) following soccer maybe 7 or 8 years ago. I looked it up at the time because I was pretty unfamiliar with it as well. If memory serves, the basic gist of what I got was that "kit" is a British word that goes back multiple centuries, and has a meaning more along the line of "equipment". The word "uniform" is based in Latin, meaning "all appearing the same", literally translating to 'one form'.

By and large, countries using the romantic languages (French, Spanish, Romanian, Italian and Portuguese) generally use translations of the word "uniform", and the majority of the other countries in the world use translations equating more closely to the word "kit". ...and then the Americans us whatever they decide to use.

Next thing you know hockey players will start calling their jersey a sweater!

Interesting that we (Americans) think that our terms are the ones that are the correct ones. Several sports around the world have been around long before introduced to the states. We just try to Americanize them.

• 1 month later...
Came across this on Twitter this morning. Just gonna say: FCC 2018 kits > LCFC 2018 kits.

With that said, it doesn't change the fact that Louisville City is the defending league champ.

[ATTACH]65959[/ATTACH]

City’s Director of Ops resigned right before the season started. I’d imagine that sloppy stuff like this is a big part of why he was (I imagine) forced out.

I think the new stuff is pretty good, but that picture is terrible.