Lavar Ball looking to start new basketball league

StrongSide

Isn't that what the G-League is?

While LaVar does nothing but try to one-up himself from previous statements, I am all for a more formally structured program for kids not interested in college. $3K - $10K is not going to cut it though. Maybe something like this could prompt the NCAA to rethink their formulas for what is allotted to "student athletes." Maybe he didn't mean to, but this stumbles into a decent idea.

Isn't that what the G-League is?

While LaVar does nothing but try to one-up himself from previous statements, I am all for a more formally structured program for kids not interested in college. $3K - $10K is not going to cut it though. Maybe something like this could prompt the NCAA to rethink their formulas for what is allotted to "student athletes." Maybe he didn't mean to, but this stumbles into a decent idea.

While it might be a decent idea, I cannot see anyway that this would succeed unless he would turn control over it to someone else.

The G league only works because it has the $$$ backing from the NBA. No one is tuning in on a random Tuesday night to watch some kid they don't know anything about. Maybe some recruiting diehards, but you aren't getting the average viewer to watch or attend these games. It's a decent idea, but I don't see it being a successful business venture.

College basketball is hard enough to watch at times. I can only imagine how bad some of these games would be.