Boyle County 40 Corbin 21 - 3A State Championship

theguru

I was just looking over Boyle County's final schedule, scores, etc. It sure seems that the best two teams the Rebels played this season were Danville and Elizabethtown. For those of you who watched most of the games, is that how you feel also?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking over Boyle County's final schedule, scores, etc. It sure seems that the best two teams the Rebels played this season were Danville and Elizabethtown. For those of you who watched most of the games, is that how you feel also?

No doubt in my mind that those were the 2 best teams Boyle played this year.

On the two controversial plays:

Potential Corbin interception: Saw a picture on Twitter where the ball was 100% on the ground. It was close but the correct call.

Pass interference calls went both ways. Boyle was the more-penalized team tonight and some — particularly on Corbin's first scoring drive — were plain wrong IMO.

I will say that the Corbin "fumble-to-incompletion" was the incorrect call. Came down with the ball, fumbled and IIRC it was recovered by Corbin in the end zone.

There were calls that went both ways but I don't think there's any question that the best team in 3A won the state championship tonight.

No doubt about it. Our conversation on the ride home was we all felt like Etown would beat Corbin if they played.

No doubt about it. Our conversation on the ride home was we all felt like Etown would beat Corbin if they played.

My opinion after watching Corbin twice and Danville most of the season is that the Admirals would beat Corbin if they played. Obviously just my opinion but I think Boyle County's team speed was a big difference in tonight's game.

My opinion after watching Corbin twice and Danville most of the season is that the Admirals would beat Corbin if they played. Obviously just my opinion but I think Boyle County's team speed was a big difference in tonight's game.

If we are going to compare games and how we think various matchups might play out, then Danville fans should feel very confident since Mayfield lost to Corbin.

If we are going to compare games and how we think various matchups might play out, then Danville fans should feel very confident since Mayfield lost to Corbin.

You should know better than to play that game. Comparing scores can be twisted all sorts of ways. You could say CAL beat E'Town by 15 and Boyle beat E'Town by 7 and Mayfield beat CAL by 7, so, that would make Mayfield 15 points better than Boyle, right? See how easy that is.

When I saw that, I knew Corbin was in trouble because no one has had any success running the ball against Corbin's defense all year. Either Boyle Co's blocking was superior to anyone else the Hounds have played or the defense just didn't answer the

bell tonight. Boyle had them on their heels all night.

I have great respect for you. I thought Corbin moved the ball better than just about anyone the Rebels have faced. Their Defense has been that good on everybody. All year.

I thought the Corbin kids played hard, I just think Boyle was better than some realized. This Boyle team has a D 1 lineman on it and a sophomore who’s already been offered D 1 by UL. Add to that others that will play at other levels and underclassman who got a lot of looks tonight and some might see how talented and tough Boyle really is.