Boyle County 40 Corbin 21 - 3A State Championship

theguru

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt about it. Our conversation on the ride home was we all felt like Etown would beat Corbin if they played.

Congrats 85 Rebel!!!! I know how proud you must be. Congrats to your son and your whole family!!! :dancingpa

Corbin didn't have the speed to stop Smith. He was behind the defense all night. I'm not sure how the middle was so open

I only saw good quickness from #25 and maybe #5 for Corbin. Sizemore had a bad game but he never really threw deep and he wasn't very fast. Even if Boyle only sacked him twice they got in his grill in the 2nd half.

I did say Boyle was the better team and deserved the win. But calls did matter. I was really surprised at Corbin’s pass coverage and missed tackles.

I was more surprised at how much faster Boyle was than the Hounds. Also very pleasantly surprised at how Boyle's line owned Corbin's. As to the pass coverage, I think it goes back to how well Boyle ran and controlled the ball. Corbin needed to focus on the run with the Defensive Backfield and that led to Lanter hitting receivers all night.

We clearly watched different games then. That fumble just before the half was obvious missed call and big difference down 27-21 than 27-14.

Clearly we did.

Say it's 27-21 at half. Boyle gets 2nd half KO. They do what they did and what they did all night - scored to make it 33-21. Boyle still keeps the cushion and like all night they keep Corbin at bay.

That one play did not stop Boyle from having 460 yards of offense.

Didn't the game end with Boyle inside the Corbin 5 yard line again? This score could have been more lopsided than it was.

At the 2 yard line the Rebels took a knee after their 3rd string RB got them down there.

After video review...Corbin got hosed on the end zone call.
If you want to talk about getting hosed, you have to first go to the interference call that led to Corbin's first TD. Walker made a great defensive play which was in no way interference and gave Corbin a first down deep in Rebel territory. There were questionable calls both ways, but in the end they probably balanced out. Boyle just dominated a good Corbin team and it could have been 47-21 if Boyle had wanted to push that last drive in, but took a knee instead.

If you want to talk about getting hosed, you have to first go to the interference call that led to Corbin's first TD. Walker made a great defensive play which was in no way interference and gave Corbin a first down deep in Rebel territory. There were questionable calls both ways, but in the end they probably balanced out. Boyle just dominated a good Corbin team and it could have been 47-21 if Boyle had wanted to push that last drive in, but took a knee instead.

I too questioned that PI call.

Either way I don’t think the Hounds defense could stop Boyle.