Boyle County 40 Corbin 21 - 3A State Championship

theguru

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The play in the end zone wouldn't have changed the outcome IMO

I agree with you, but, from a momentum standpoint, it could have been huge. At the very least, they would have been within a score of taking the lead and in a one possession game, anything can happen.. I do think Boyle's offense was to strong and over the course of 4 quarters, were going to make more big plays and outscore them, but, iy would have been interesting to see how things would have played out with a different call here or there.

And why would those plays not change the outcome? At least a 14 point swing on those plays and would’ve given Corbin great field position with a chance too make it a 21 point swing. Some of those stats are misleading because Corbin scores on a kickoff and a blocked punt. I agree Boyle dominated the line of scrimmage but those plays were big

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 13

And why would those plays not change the outcome? At least a 14 point swing on those plays and would’ve given Corbin great field position with a chance too make it a 21 point swing. Some of those stats r misleading because Corbin scores on a kickoff and a blocked punt. I agree Boyle dominated the line of scrimmage but those plays were big

Corbin could not move the ball very well. 206 yards is not very much. The blocked punt set up the complete/incomplete play you mentioned. But it would have cut the lead to 6. Boyle still would get the ball to start the 2nd half and as you saw would have marched down the field and gone back up by 2 scores again.

Corbin could never consistently get Boyle's offense off the field and they really didn't have a vertical passing game to score quickly.

I think the majority of the Boyle fans at the game will tell you that the officiating definitely was in Corbin's favor, or the ones I was settling around would.

I would disagree with that Jack. Watching online I thought the plays we're talking about could go either way. But I do believe the Refs were quick to catch Boyle retaliate a lot and miss some things Corbin could have been flagged for. In the end it was a wash but then again I liked the outcome of the game.

I just think some are just now realizing how good this Boyle Team has been all year.

I would disagree with that Jack. Watching online I thought the plays we're talking about could go either way. But I do believe the Refs were quick to catch Boyle retaliate a lot and miss some things Corbin could have been flagged for. In the end it was a wash but then again I liked the outcome of the game.

I just think some are just now realizing how good this Boyle Team has been all year.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree the fumbled interception happened right in front of us the ball did hit the ground, and I do believe Corbin got the majority of the calls and no calls and that was the general consensus in the area I was setting in.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree the fumbled interception happened right in front of us the ball did hit the ground.

I thought that one may have been correct. The incomplete by the goal line was the one I thought there was a beef on.