Boyle County 40 Corbin 21 - 3A State Championship

theguru

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The score was 33-21 when the interception not interception was called. I'm sure you had a good view but the ref that called it an interception was 5' away. He could've missed it but doubt you had a better view. If Corbin scores IF the game is 33-28 and anything could've happened. I think Boyle was the better team and deserved to win but those 2 calls definitely changed the game and to say otherwise seems unrealistic. Boyle is going to be solid for years to come. Seemed to have a bunch of under classman

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 13

The score was 33-21 when the interception not interception was called. I'm sure u had a good view but the ref that called it an interception was 5' away. He could've missed it but doubt you had a better view. If Corbin scores IF the game is 33-28 and anything could've happened. I think Boyle was the better team and deserved to win but those 2 calls definitely changed the game and to say otherwise seems unrealistic. Boyle is going to be solid for years to come. Seemed to have a bunch of under classman

Corbin may have gotten the short end of a couple of big calls, but let's be honest, Corbin did not play well enough to beat an elite team tonight.

I'm not sure what was going on with the Corbin defense, but they played as non-aggressively as I have seen in a long time. It almost looked like they froze up some on the big stage and I have no idea why they did not have safety help on Smith, although I guess you have to pick your poison.

Give credit to Boyle by stopping Corbin twice inside the 10, once when Corbin was about to seize the momentum in the 2nd half, and for being far more aggressive and physical in this game.

I can't believe how easily Boyle ran vs. Corbin's defense. Big runs right up the middle most of the night.

When I saw that, I knew Corbin was in trouble because no one has had any success running the ball against Corbin's defense all year. Either Boyle Co's blocking was superior to anyone else the Hounds have played or the defense just didn't answer the

bell tonight. Boyle had them on their heels all night.

When I saw that, I knew Corbin was in trouble because no one has had any success running the ball against Corbin's defense all year. Either Boyle Co's blocking was superior to anyone else the Hounds have played or the defense just didn't answer the

bell tonight. Boyle had them on their heels all night.

The defense had little to no resistance. Almost looked like the moment got to big for them at times.