Boyle County 40 Corbin 21 - 3A State Championship

theguru

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing controversial. Dominating win by the Rebels

I thought there were some breaks that went Boyle's way. But the Rebels really commanded this game from early on and just didn't break away until early in the 4th Quarter. Corbin just couldn't really stop Boyle and they really couldn't get in a scoring match with them either.

Good luck tomorrow Wireman! I hope to be watching online.

I'd say the catch near the endzone before half and then the interception that was then called a non interception by the back judge.

I thought the catch by the end zone was a catch, a fumble and a Corbin recovery.

The interception I thought was an INT but on the replay I thought it might have squeezed out on the ground by his legs. But it was hard to see.

I thought the catch by the end zone was a catch, a fumble and a Corbin recovery.

The interception I thought was an INT but on the replay I thought it might have squeezed out on the ground by his legs. But it was hard to see.

Yeah, the replay on the Interception didn't really show the ball, but the sideline ref standing right in front of the play called it an INT. I wanted Boyle to win, but thought those were two pretty sketch calls.

One other stat jumps out at me.

Corbin only got Boyle behind the line of scrimmage twice for minus 2 yards.

Boyle got the Hounds behind the line 6 times.

Corbin could not turn Boyle over.

Boyle turned the Hounds over 3 times. I think they're like plus 30 something in takeaway/giveaway for the season.

Yeah, the replay on the Interception didn't really show the ball, but the sideline ref standing right in front of the play called it an INT. I wanted Boyle to win, but thought those were two pretty sketch calls.

Sketchy to say the least

The play in the end zone wouldn't have changed the outcome IMO

I know I'm going to sound arrogant but even those three plays would not have changed the outcome. Look at the stats again.

Corbin really could not stop Boyle's offense.

Boyle gave up 21 points and maybe it should have been more. However watching the broadcast I felt Corbin's first TD drive benefited greatly from 2 fouls on Boyle: Facemask that I really didn't see on the replay and the Pass Interference where Corbin's off receiver was shielding the Boyle player from the receiver who would catch the pass.

Their 2nd drive was added by a counter run where the Corbin player blocked in the back of Boyle #7 in front of the ref and no flag was thrown.

Corbin deserves praise cause they are a very, very good team. Boyle win the majority of these contests IMO if they play a series. Other than #12 I didn't see a lot of speed for the Hounds compared to Boyle's team speed.