#4 Johnson Central vs. #2 Ashland (4A Quarterfinals)

16thBBall Fan

Who wins rematch?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins rematch?

Cold November football weather... orange, yellow, and red leaves on the trees in the open end of the stadium... the stands on both sides are packed with fans right on top of the action... so much tension in the air that you could cut it with a knife... nervous energy coursing its way through the stadium... Yeah, very few venues will be able to rival Putnam Stadium next Friday.

It will certainly be a great atmosphere. I expect there will be a lot of football fans from there area at Putnam Friday night that have no affiliation with either Ashland or Johnson Central. Games like this are what really makes Putnam Stadium a special venue when it comes to Kentucky high school football.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will certainly be a great atmosphere. I expect there will be a lot of football fans from there area at Putnam Friday night that have no affiliation with either Ashland or Johnson Central. Games like this are what really makes Putnam Stadium a special venue when it comes to Kentucky high school football.

I'm from Bourbon County and I'm coming. That Ashland defense are like a pack of piranahs They attack in numbers and are relentless. Very impressive.

I'm from Bourbon County and I'm coming. That Ashland defense are like a pack of piranahs They attack in numbers and are relentless. Very impressive.

I was unimpressed with the crowd last night, particularly the home side. It was a cold night though and only the die hard fans and parents appeared to show up. Cold, wet, snow or nice weather will make no difference in this week's game though, it'll be a packed house regardless. That said, if you've never been to Putnam for a packed house you're in for a treat Friday night, it will be the type of atmosphere that makes high school football as well as Putnam Stadium special. If you can, get there early and stop by the tailgate, there are good people there that won't mind to feed and hydrate you.

I was unimpressed with the crowd last night, particularly the home side. It was a cold night though and only the die hard fans and parents appeared to show up. Cold, wet, snow or nice weather will make no difference in this week's game though, it'll be a packed house regardless. That said, if you've never been to Putnam for a packed house you're in for a treat Friday night, it will be the type of atmosphere that makes high school football as well as Putnam Stadium special. If you can, get there early and stop by the tailgate, there are good people there that won't mind to feed and hydrate you.

Thanks. My high school football coach is a photographer for the Ashland Daily Independent. Don McReynolds. I was hoping to see him last night but didn't get around to it. My son was #33 for Bourbon Co. Middle LB. I also have a high school teammate that's an EMS at the games. Greg Denton. I did get a chance to catch up with him.

Edited by U9K
Correction

Thanks. My high school football coach is a photographer for the Ashland Daily Independent. Don McReynolds. I was hoping to see him last night but didn't get around to it. My son was #33 for Bourbon Co. Middle LB. I also have a high school teammate that's an EMS at the games. Greg Denton. I did get a chance to catch up with him.

I know Don! He was my science teacher in middle school and is actually one of our current customers for lawn care. He's a good guy, have a picture he took of my daughter at an Ashland game hanging on the refrigerator at the moment.

I know Don! He was my science teacher in middle school and is actually one of our current customers for lawn care. He's a good guy, have a picture he took of my daughter at an Ashland game hanging on the refrigerator at the moment.

He taught and coached me in middle school in Fleming Co. and was an assistant at Fleming Co High. He was the offensive coordinator and I was QB. Great person.

Are there any other high school stadiums with end zone seats? I've seen pictures of Putnam and I'd like to see a game there sometime but it's a long way from Franklin.

I don't know of any others in Kentucky that share the horseshoe architecture but "The Pit" at Elder High School in Cincinnati is very similar to Putnam but on a much larger scale.

He taught and coached me in middle school in Fleming Co. and was an assistant at Fleming Co High. He was the offensive coordinator and I was QB. Great person.

Small World we live in hah. I never knew he taught or lived anywhere other than Ashland, but we are certainly talking about the same person. I actually didn't see him on the sidelines last night but he could have been at the UK basketball game, he does photography for those as well.

Small World we live in hah. I never knew he taught or lived anywhere other than Ashland, but we are certainly talking about the same person. I actually didn't see him on the sidelines last night but he could have been at the UK basketball game, he does photography for those as well.

It sure is a small world. He's originally from Mt. Sterling and was in one of the last classes at Mt. Sterling High School before consolidating with Montgomery County.

It sure is a small world. He's originally from Mt. Sterling and was in one of the last classes at Mt. Sterling High School before consolidating with Montgomery County.

I saw him he was at the game. Was my teacher in grade school at Oakview and then again in Middle School. Was also a coach for the CATS in the 80s and 90 Title Team. Great guy!!!

JCHS, by getting beat by the Tomcats in the first meeting is probably why this poll is swayed towards JC by such a big vote margin. Beating JC twice does seem practically impossible for Ashland. I am picking Ashland bc with them beating JC, that tells them that they can win, especially at Putnam.

Ashland ...by less than a TD.

Tomcats .,... seems that we (Raceland and Ashland) are the only two in our area left standing and ironic that both are playing Paintsville based teams ....i am pullng for you guys to get the win.

After the Tomcats upset Johnson Central in the District Championship I said I wouldn't doubt those kids again. I'm going with my Tomcats.

Ashland 21

Johnson Central 20

Johnson Central scores on the last play of the game, but Ashland wins as Johnson Central misses the XP wide right. :sssh: