Kerosene Space Heaters

NamecipS

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't the Newport Speedway on 10th Street carry Kerosene? I know they use to. It's to the far Left against NK Stone's Building. What about the other Speedway on U.S. 27 near the old Neltners in Newport as well? Pretty confident both had it at one time....

Went to Speedway on 10th and they still have the kerosene pump. The one on 27 had something labeled "Diesel #2".

@NamecipS, have you already bought the kerosene heater? If not, I wonder if using propane would be better/easier/cheaper? I know I've seen some that clip right onto a 20lb. tank (like you'd use for a grill). I think you actually get more BTU's from kerosene compared to propane, but you have to factor in what costs you'd have to pay for each of them to get a valid comparison.

@NamecipS, have you already bought the kerosene heater? If not, I wonder if using propane would be better/easier/cheaper? I know I've seen some that clip right onto a 20lb. tank (like you'd use for a grill). I think you actually get more BTU's from kerosene compared to propane, but you have to factor in what costs you'd have to pay for each of them to get a valid comparison.

I have a small propane unit in my second garage. Love it. Pretty much odorless. It is hooked to the main source but it could easily be converted to a regular tank. Some neighbors have 75 gal tanks for their fireplaces.

Thought about the propane route, but went with kerosene instead

Why? Just curious.

No real reason. I needed something that would have no problem heating my garage. The two electric heaters for my 40 outlets weren't getting the job done.

Worked great last night. Took less than 15 minutes to fully heat the garage. After a couple hours, I had to take off the sweatshirt, it got quite warm in there.

Maybe you should go with an electric heater. I hear there might be an outlet or two in your garage. :lol2:

I went the Electric Route and Bought one from Northern Equipment. It's set on the Lowest Setting with a Thermostat and it works well in my Garage. The great part is it doesn't always run either.....Not only do the Wife & Daughter get the Garage they get to jump in Nice Warm Vehicles as well.....Me???? Remote Start!

I have the Unit within 4-6' of my Electric Panel so there's not that Great of a Electric Draw so it runs as Efficient as it possibly can. Long Electric runs will Drag the Current down and Starve the Heater!

I went the Electric Route and Bought one from Northern Equipment. It's set on the Lowest Setting with a Thermostat and it works well in my Garage. The great part is it doesn't always run either.....Not only do the Wife & Daughter get the Garage they get to jump in Nice Warm Vehicles as well.....Me???? Remote Start!

I have the Unit within 4-6' of my Electric Panel so there's not that Great of a Electric Draw so it runs as Efficient as it possibly can. Long Electric runs will Drag the Current down and Starve the Heater!

I bet your electric meter spins like a helicopter blade.