BGP QOTD: What's your "When I'm not pulling for MY team I'm pulling for..." team?

There are a few for me.

I grew up in Ft. Mitchell, and I'm on record here saying that I cheer for Beechwood basically any time they're not playing Cov Cath.

I tend to cheer for the smaller schools from NKY as well...Ludlow and New Cath in particular. I'd say Boone County is another NKY program I cheer for.

Outside of NKY...Ashland, Somerset, Manual and LaRue County are the teams I like to root for the most.

I also like to follow the action when a Kentucky school plays an out of state program, and I always, ALWAYS root for the Kentucky team to win.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynn Camp coach has been a friend, a good guy and someone I respect.

McCreary County because the head man is a Briar Jumper.

Wayne County, because I'm probably related to most of them.

Newport Central Catholic, Pizza Summit need I say more. Very helpful and accommodating to me on my last trip up there.

Belfry out of respect for their coach and a couple of their BGP fans.

Besides Highlands, I root for the schools I’ve supported financially so NewCath and Brossart and the other school 2 of my kids graduated from which I support through tax dollars - Campbell Co. which is also where Mr. Cat graduated from.

When NKY goes against NKY it comes down to connections with either school. Always root for a NKY team against any team from another part of the state.

I root for DeSales because my son is a graduate and it's short walk from my house... but also root for Doss (alum) and for Holy Cross (Lou.) Because know many of my friends are connected to the school And I root for the underdogs!

I pull for a bunch of teams that I either have friends coaching at or kids of friends playing at.

Atherton - Head Coach Walker is a former teammate at Louisville Bulls (semipro)

Henry County -Head Coach Wright also a Bulls alumnus

Manual - Coach Lipsey and Coach Stoner are Bulls alumni, Coach Brown is a friend

Oldham County - Player Jacob Ratliff’s dad is a friend and Bulls alumnus

Franklin County - Coach Moore is a Bulls alumnus

Trinity -don’t actively pull for them or against (they have enough support) but always happy for Strength Coach Snyder a Bulls alum

DeSales - Freshman player Joe Gatewood’s dad is a former Bull.

There are probably more Bulls players coaching and some more kids of former teammates as well but all I can think of.

The school I played for in high school for 4 years, and I have volunteered for is a school I have no loyalty to at all. The schools I root for I group in levels. From top to bottom are Paris and Western Hills. Next are Pikeville , Greenup County, Anderson County and Belfry. Next would be Danville, Ashland, and Morgan County. I also root for Johnson Central.