Player Rankings in the mountains.

That there Crawford youngin over at Corbin is a rare talent. He has a body like Ol' Bubba did back in the day. I reckin that Coach Potrawsky must have him a lifting volkswagons or sumthin...He looks to be about 6'5 and around 200 these days. I bet his body fat is less than 6 percent. Ol' Bubba will be a watching this youngin as he takes to the courts this winter. If there is a better player for his class in this here end of the state I have yet to eyeball him or her for that matter. The thing I like most about this youngin is his ability to play a number of positions. He can score 20 from the point or get you 20 in the post. Granted he has some things he needs to get better at, but he has a good start fur a Sophomore. I bet Tubby knows a thing or two about this boy as well.

Crawford is a very unselfish individual also. I like his game a lot. I think he should try to score a little more for his team. He is a beast.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That there Crawford youngin over at Corbin is a rare talent. He has a body like Ol' Bubba did back in the day. I reckin that Coach Potrawsky must have him a lifting volkswagons or sumthin...He looks to be about 6'5 and around 200 these days. I bet his body fat is less than 6 percent. Ol' Bubba will be a watching this youngin as he takes to the courts this winter. If there is a better player for his class in this here end of the state I have yet to eyeball him or her for that matter. The thing I like most about this youngin is his ability to play a number of positions. He can score 20 from the point or get you 20 in the post. Granted he has some things he needs to get better at, but he has a good start fur a Sophomore. I bet Tubby knows a thing or two about this boy as well.

Bubba is right Josh Crawford is a player, I really enjoy this kids game...I watched him score inside and put the ball on the floor and score outside against South Laurel...

I am not trying to be a jerk but this thread is about players in the mountains. That would consist of regions 13, 14, and 15 with an adoption of Somerset and Morgan County. Of course this is only my opinion, but one that I think most would agree with. Back to the topic: Ty Proffit would have to be a solid #1 in this mountains. Justin Hicks would have to be in the top 5 as the number one player in the 14th although some would argue Clark Stepp. Most experts say Landon Slone is the best in the 15th although he must bounce back from his sophomore slump and try to find himself among all that imbalanced chemistry there at Paintsville. Crawford, Brumback, and Whitaker are other big names in the 13th as well as the kid from Cumberland. Cox, Gay, and Bailey are other big names in the 14th. Of course McCarty and VanHoose in the 15th lead a very strong 57th District. From a fan standpoint, the good news for us is that most of these players are underclassmen which means some good, solid basketball for the years to come in the mountains which hopefully means that the mountain teams will be able to go out of the area and compete.

I'm far from mad. I have my opinion, as others do, and most of them are split on who is the better player. I've also had private messages calling me a "d*ck" because I think Watts is better than Euton. The poster has also continued to tell me to give them Watts' number so I can watch the "best freshman" show him why he isn't. Put Watts ability at 6'8, what could he do? Put Euton's ability at 6'0, what could he do? I said that Watts was talented. I said no where that he would be better in college than Euton, but I'm sure there are plenty of guards who are better than fowards everywhere.

Watts scores more points, has better shooting percentages from every aspect of the game, and scores more points, even though he is 8 inches shorter. You can put anyone on a 6 foot guard, but you can't with a 6'8 foward. If he is as talented as they say, shouldn't he be averaging more points? McCreary had no one that could contend with Boyle's Brian Staed, he was 6'9, and we couldn't stop him. Watts was doubled, if not triple teamed, in that game and still scored 20 in a half. I don't think we would be having this discussion if Euton was a 6' guard.

All I am saying is that for a 6ft guard, he is amazing. How come Euton isn't scoring more than 19 points a game if he is 6'8? That's good, but Watts is smaller and scoring more. He can weave in and out of traffic, he can do it all. I couldn't care less if people on this board thought I was biased... maybe I am. Big fowards - like Staed and Euton - are considered good because they have size. Staed didn't have an outside shot and was slow, but because of his size, he was able to score.

First of all I have never seen Watts play, I am not here to argue who is the better player between he and Euton. I refuse to make that observation without seeing both. However, I would like to clarify a couple of things. First of all Euton played at 6'5" last year not 6'8". He has grown about 2 1/2 inches since last season. His shooting percentage is excellent considering he was the focus of the opponents defense last season.

Euton is an excellent player and I am sure Watts is also. You don't put the numbers that each put up last season if they were not talented. I will throw Chad Jackson the mix with both. Jackson is 6'4" and I can assure you he can guard anyone off the bounce, Watts included.

• 1 month later...

Regions 12, 13, 14 & 15 Top Players (Mountains)

Ty Proffitt (South Laurel)

Jordan Hammonds (South Laurel)

Trey Smith (South Laurel)

Ryan Whitaker (Bell County)

John Smith (Harlan)

Josh Crawford (Corbin)

Nick Brumback (Jackson County)

Desmond Johnson (Cumberland)

Dustin Day (Pineville)

Shawn Asher (North Laurel).

Aaron Watts (McCreary Central)

John Perkins (Pulaski County)