Player Rankings in the mountains.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people from the Corbin area who have seen Watts play tell me that he is the real deal. Whether he is the best freshman or not, I surely don't know, but he has to be close to the top of the list from what I have heard.

He shouldn't have any eligiblity issues if he was never promoted from the 8th grade.

The people from the Corbin area who have seen Watts play tell me that he is the real deal. Whether he is the best freshman or not, I surely don't know, but he has to be close to the top of the list from what I have heard.

He shouldn't have any eligiblity issues if he was never promoted from the 8th grade.

Exactly, he doesn't have any eligiblity issues.

Euton

- 38% 3-Point Range

- 9.36 Rebs/Gm

- 71% Free-throw

- 19.2 points/Gm

Watts

- 41% 3-Point Range

- 7.11 Rebs/Gm

- 85% Free-throw

- 22.1 points/Gm

Watts got two less rebounds a game, and was 8 inches shorter. Shot 14% better from the free-throw line. Is 3% more accurate on 3-point range. Had 2.9 more points per game.

A poster sent me a private mail telling me that Euton was one of the best 3-point shooters in the state. McCreary has three players who shoot a higher percentage.

Josh Bartley - 44%

Adam Swiger - 40%

Aaron Watts - 41%

Would Euton be as good of a player if he was 6'0? I highly doubt it. Watts has talent and Euton has size. Plain and simple.

Watts is an impressive youngster. It will be interesting to follow his progress over the course of his career at McCreary. Robert Jones is a vastly under- rated coach, in my opinion. Best of luck to Watts and the Raiders. I for one would like to see them make an appearance at Rupp come March.

Slone & VanHoose-Paintsville

McCarty-Johnson Central

Blair & Vanhoose-Russell

Thomas & McDavid-Ashland

Hicks & Campbell-Hazard

Bailey-Perry Central

Brandenburg-Lee County

Romans-Powell

Hurt-Cordia

Smith-Harlan

Profitt,Hammonds, & Smith-South Laurel

Asher-North Laurel

Cox & Stepp-JBS

Johnson-South Floyd

Daniel-Rowan

Johnson-Cumberland

Whitaker-Bell

Euton-Rose Hill

This is my top 25 from the 13th,14th,15th and 16th region, I'm not sure how I'd rate them though.

This list plus Ferguson and the Faulkner's from Elliott. I mean Ferguson was the 16th region M.V.P. and the Faulkner twins can play with anybody on the list. Elliott was regional runner-up im pretty sure!:sssh:

Euton

- 38% 3-Point Range

- 9.36 Rebs/Gm

- 71% Free-throw

- 19.2 points/Gm

Watts

- 41% 3-Point Range

- 7.11 Rebs/Gm

- 85% Free-throw

- 22.1 points/Gm

Watts got two less rebounds a game, and was 8 inches shorter. Shot 14% better from the free-throw line. Is 3% more accurate on 3-point range. Had 2.9 more points per game.

A poster sent me a private mail telling me that Euton was one of the best 3-point shooters in the state. McCreary has three players who shoot a higher percentage.

Josh Bartley - 44%

Adam Swiger - 40%

Aaron Watts - 41%

Would Euton be as good of a player if he was 6'0? I highly doubt it. Watts has talent and Euton has size. Plain and simple.

Watts is better than Euton. Euton may improve, but so will Watts. Euton is not one of the best three point shooters in the state. That cracks me up. His free throws are a little off too

This list plus Ferguson and the Faulkner's from Elliott. I mean Ferguson was the 16th region M.V.P. and the Faulkner twins can play with anybody on the list. Elliott was regional runner-up im pretty sure!:sssh:

I agree, I should have put those guys in as well.:thumb:

Euton

- 38% 3-Point Range

- 9.36 Rebs/Gm

- 71% Free-throw

- 19.2 points/Gm

Watts

- 41% 3-Point Range

- 7.11 Rebs/Gm

- 85% Free-throw

- 22.1 points/Gm

Josh Bartley - 44%

Adam Swiger - 40%

Aaron Watts - 41%

In basketball size rules!

How many college basketball players that are 6'8" and above wouldn't be near as good if they were 6'0"?

...Would they even be good enough to play at that level if they were 6'0"?

Now answer this; how many 6'0" basketball players have enough talent but are not big enough to play at that level?

There are hundreds (if not thousands) of 6'0" kids out there with talent that don't play college ball because only the "cream of the crop" make it to that level.

I believe Euton has size and talent, so your question "Would Euton be as good of a player if he was 6'0? I highly doubt it." is irrelevant!

That's like saying...If Watts was 5'3" would he be as good?

Also if you were a college coach recruiting, who would you want more on your team? A 6'8" kid that can shoot 38% from 3-point range or a 6'0" kid that can shoot 41% from 3-point range.

Both are very good players, and everyone has their opinion. So don't get mad because everyone out there does not think that Watts is the best freshman in the state.

Slone & VanHoose-Paintsville

McCarty-Johnson Central

Blair & Vanhoose-Russell

Thomas & McDavid-Ashland

Hicks & Campbell-Hazard

Bailey-Perry Central

Brandenburg-Lee County

Romans-Powell

Hurt-Cordia

Smith-Harlan

Profitt,Hammonds, & Smith-South Laurel

Asher-North Laurel

Cox & Stepp-JBS

Johnson-South Floyd

Daniel-Rowan

Johnson-Cumberland

Whitaker-Bell

Euton-Rose Hill

This is my top 25 from the 13th,14th,15th and 16th region, I'm not sure how I'd rate them though.

Josh Crawford from Corbin should be on this list.

In basketball size rules!

How many college basketball players that are 6'8" and above wouldn't be near as good if they were 6'0"?

...Would they even be good enough to play at that level if they were 6'0"?

Now answer this; how many 6'0" basketball players have enough talent but are not big enough to play at that level?

There are hundreds (if not thousands) of 6'0" kids out there with talent that don't play college ball because only the "cream of the crop" make it to that level.

I believe Euton has size and talent, so your question "Would Euton be as good of a player if he was 6'0? I highly doubt it." is irrelevant!

That's like saying...If Watts was 5'3" would he be as good?

Also if you were a college coach recruiting, who would you want more on your team? A 6'8" kid that can shoot 38% from 3-point range or a 6'0" kid that can shoot 41% from 3-point range.

Both are very good players, and everyone has their opinion. So don't get mad because everyone out there does not think that Watts is the best freshman in the state.

I'm far from mad. I have my opinion, as others do, and most of them are split on who is the better player. I've also had private messages calling me a "d*ck" because I think Watts is better than Euton. The poster has also continued to tell me to give them Watts' number so I can watch the "best freshman" show him why he isn't. Put Watts ability at 6'8, what could he do? Put Euton's ability at 6'0, what could he do? I said that Watts was talented. I said no where that he would be better in college than Euton, but I'm sure there are plenty of guards who are better than fowards everywhere.

Watts scores more points, has better shooting percentages from every aspect of the game, and scores more points, even though he is 8 inches shorter. You can put anyone on a 6 foot guard, but you can't with a 6'8 foward. If he is as talented as they say, shouldn't he be averaging more points? McCreary had no one that could contend with Boyle's Brian Staed, he was 6'9, and we couldn't stop him. Watts was doubled, if not triple teamed, in that game and still scored 20 in a half. I don't think we would be having this discussion if Euton was a 6' guard.

All I am saying is that for a 6ft guard, he is amazing. How come Euton isn't scoring more than 19 points a game if he is 6'8? That's good, but Watts is smaller and scoring more. He can weave in and out of traffic, he can do it all. I couldn't care less if people on this board thought I was biased... maybe I am. Big fowards - like Staed and Euton - are considered good because they have size. Staed didn't have an outside shot and was slow, but because of his size, he was able to score.

"He can hold his own with anyone"

-

"I've not seen the majority of the freshman in the state but I did get to see

the kid from McCreary this summer and he is the real deal. I can't compare him to anyone else in the freshman class, but I can say that they better be pretty special to be better than Watts."

-

"The people from the Corbin area who have seen Watts play tell me that he is the real deal. Whether he is the best freshman or not, I surely don't know, but he has to be close to the top of the list from what I have heard."

-

"Watts is an impressive youngster."

-

"Watts is better than Euton. Euton may improve, but so will Watts."

-

"The Watts kid ( an 8th Grader) can really shoot the basketball, and will be a force to rekon with for the next 4 years. Has he missed a freethrow this year?"

-

"That Aaron Watts will be a star he is going to be good. Wonder if he will stay at MC for the rest of his High school days or will he transfer?"

-

"The Watts kid is unbelievable he is only in the 8th grade and is the leading scorer for the Raiders."

-

"The only sure-fire D-1 player I can think of is a freshman right now.Aaron Watts of McCreary Central is unreal how talented he is and how mature he is for his age.If you have a chance to see this kid play please do so.If he continues to improve and keeps his head on straight he will be a sure -fire D-1 player."

-

"The best freshman in KY resides in McCreary county.His name is Aaron Watts,This kid will be one of if not the best player to come out of KY.That is if he keeps improving...If he was on a big name school he would be considered the next O.J Mayo.If McCreary Central comes close to your town you should absolutely go watch this kid."

--------

This is just the begining. These are from different posters across the BGP message boards. Am I being too obsessive? You could say so. Put Watts against Euton, then you can decide.

By the way, are they both in the same tournament next year?

That there Crawford youngin over at Corbin is a rare talent. He has a body like Ol' Bubba did back in the day. I reckin that Coach Potrawsky must have him a lifting volkswagons or sumthin...He looks to be about 6'5 and around 200 these days. I bet his body fat is less than 6 percent. Ol' Bubba will be a watching this youngin as he takes to the courts this winter. If there is a better player for his class in this here end of the state I have yet to eyeball him or her for that matter. The thing I like most about this youngin is his ability to play a number of positions. He can score 20 from the point or get you 20 in the post. Granted he has some things he needs to get better at, but he has a good start fur a Sophomore. I bet Tubby knows a thing or two about this boy as well.