katbird

Does Highlands need a new leader?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Does Highlands need a new leader?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they make a coaching change, make sure they name either Transplantcakeeater or Jack of all trades as the new coach. They already have all the answers.

I certainly would not do the same things over and over and over and hope things got better. It is easy to coach when you have superior talent and when you don't you have to put the time in and be a little more creative in what you do to give your kids the best chance at success whether it be offense defense or special teams. You also work on the minds of the kids and make them believe and by golly have some enthusiasm.

BW is on borrowed time now, it's unfortunate, he's done a lot for the program. Whoever came after Dale had a tough job but Highlands is rapidly going in the wrong direction.

Tough spot for their coach. As the saying goes, you never want to be the guy who follows the legend, you want to be the guy who follows the guy who followed the legend". I tried to tell people following the "big" win over Cooper that this team was only somewhat better than last year's team and not to read too much into a win that they should have dominated from start to finish but didn't until the 2nd half. I have no dog in the fight whatsoever and I hate to see any coach lose a job but the next coach, if there is one, will probably reap the benefit big time of a very storied program.

I am NOT a Highlands guy/insiders, but I believe I recall that Highlands guys saying there would be a couple years of being down and this year was in that range. I realize losing sucks but this years team seems to be MUCH better than last year. What about injuries? I know many to several KEY defensive guys are hurt or done for the year. I realize that is just football but if your going to be "down" anyway the injuries re-enforces that.

Good Thead-fodder but way too early IMO.

If as we've been told for a couple of years now, the talent just isn't there now...how do you blame that on the coach. Plus not only are they low on talent and playing up a class, in addition they are playing larger schools in nearly every game.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

If they make a coaching change, make sure they name either Transplantcakeeater or Jack of all trades as the new coach. They already have all the answers.

Have you watched these games this year? Last year? I have been at every game. If you can't see that we continue to do the same old thing with the same players, you're blind.

Take last year's terrible team for example. No creativity. No misdirection. We likely had the worst secondary in NKY and continued to play the same kids. Outside of Bradley Greene, it was dismal play...yet they ran the same kids out there and put them in the same position. How many interceptions did we have as a team last year? 3. 3 picks all year. We eclipsed that in the first game this year by two. Did our defense score at all last year? I think I remember one.

How many underclassmen did they play? When you're losing the way they were losing, you shake it up and put in some underclassmen. Make the seniors know that they don't have their spot on lock down...light a fire. The team last year was completely devoid of emotion and intensity. I'll say they are a different team this year, at least in that respect.

This team is small, but Highlands has never been big bruisers. There's talent here.

If as we've been told for a couple of years now, the talent just isn't there now...how do you blame that on the coach. Plus not only are they low on talent and playing up a class, in addition they are playing larger schools in nearly every game.

With all due respect Jumper_Dad, and no disrespect to the Bluebirds intended, the bolded was never a problem when they were rolling over their opponents and they relished in the idea of going against the bigger boys.