Does Highlands need a coaching change?

katbird

Does Highlands need a new leader?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Does Highlands need a new leader?

As someone with no dog in this fight whatsoever:

- Thought #1 is we saw signs that this was coming. Even when Highlands was reaching the Finals ever week it seemed you saw different threads about people bragging how they beat down Highlands' JV or Freshman team.

- Thought #2 is Highlands' problems from what I have seen begin and end at the Line of Scrimmage. The biggest change I have seen is the Offensive and Defensive lines are at a low point in terms of talent, and a low point in terms of depth.

- Thought #3 is if I were a Highlands fan I would be much more concerned about my feeder program than my next Coaching hire right now. It seems Highlands' is getting lapped by other NKY schools or schools from across the state at the feeder level (Look at Bowling Green as shining example number one). While other programs have evolved to playing statewide competition Highlands seems content playing Regional competition and I think this has hurt them.

- Will a coaching change help this trajectory? Maybe.. maybe not. I don't know the inner workings of Highland politics..but what I can say is that if Highlands doesn't evolve their feeder program the talent pool is going to remain down and the talent pool is what is causing all these losses right now in my eyes more than anything.

- Just my .02 from someone with no dog in the fight.

The kids playing varsity right now weren't beat down as Freshman or JV players. I know the current junior class last year lost two games - each by one score I believe and as freshman lost 3...again all tight games.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic